2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I think more about the HT subs, why not just bring on Patterson why take off both wingers?

It sent a clear message out to them aswell that it was simply going to be a training exercise 2nd half. Attack against defence. Would have kept McNiel on and played him central as he can carry the ball. Would have at least eased the pressure off at times. Was always going to be tough though.

When I think more about the HT subs, why not just bring on Patterson why take off both wingers?
Yea, I'm with you.
I couldn't really believe it.
Just take DCL off for Patterson and hope that the wingers can create some trouble for their mids/defenders. Let Doucoure get more advanced if we got a break.
His whole plan was to use the wingers to unlock the striker.
Seemed daft to hook both and keep the lone striker and play for a draw with 5 at the back.

Taking DCL off seemed daft to me as it was clear the best way to score was from a free kick anywhere near the box for him to head.
I expect the DCL change was more about the preservation of the lad, last thing we needed was Dom running himself into the ground on nothing balls and picking up an injury.

The only thought on Dyches mind by that point was not conceding, so why risk an injury to our most important player.

It's funny when you speak to Blues in the real world you get some reasonable views on the game at the weekend ie we played reasonably well and looked well set up.

Come on here and it's all Dyche's fault. Echo chamber.

Except you see loads of that on here too?

I’m glad people in the real world are reenforcing all of your own opinions and making you feel validated though.

It sent a clear message out to them aswell that it was simply going to be a training exercise 2nd half. Attack against defence. Would have kept McNiel on and played him central as he can carry the ball. Would have at least eased the pressure off at times. Was always going to be tough though.

We could barely string a pass together with 11 men. I hate that we had to resort to those tactics but I understand why.

What gives you the impression he was thinking about scoring a goal?
Literally the first minute of the game, where we had the ball out wide and he headed at at the keeper.

Granted we didn't have a ton of possession, but if we ever could string a few passes together or get a foul on their half of the field, we were definitely trying to swing in something for him to attack

I don't mind bringing off Harrison. But to bring off McNeil as well, and also bring on Keane to just sit deep and allow him to do something stupid (which he did), was the issue.

Bring off Harrison and put on Patterson. Then after a while swap DCL for Beto. Our back four was doing just fine, no need to make it back 5, especially when your options are Keane or Godfrey. Now if we had someone like Mina or even Coady on the bench, perhaps I could get behind the call for a back 5. But if your options are Keane or Godfrey, I just don't think the risk/reward is there

Literally the first minute of the game, where we had the ball out wide and he headed at at the keeper.

Granted we didn't have a ton of possession, but if we ever could string a few passes together or get a foul on their half of the field, we were definitely trying to swing in something for him to attack

He’s talking about the action of taking DCL off. Clearly he was banking on the 0-0 at that point and wasn’t thinking about how we could cause them any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back