Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
His use of subs (or non-use) is dismal. It's a severe limitation because he's so obsessed with 'safety first'.

The gameplan today had been spot on but how Young wasn't given help - either by getting Patterson on instead of Harrison or taking Young off - was ridiculous.

He just isn't going to change, and it's why he is what he is and always will be.
I'll take a point, but it's frustrating as his indecisions will cost us again and again when he's done everything else right.

That's the most frustrating thing. He earns credit with the clear improvements we're making without the ball then takes it away with his stubbornness, inflexibility, lack of proactivity, whatever you want to call it.

Its hardly hindsight really in this instance - we could all see we were badly flagging today and a goal seemed inevitable. It's concerning our manager didn't see that and opted for just hoping we held on.

…he’s working with the players he has at his disposal.
Rubbish, you’re telling me a better manager wouldn’t offer more. Potter got Brighton playing better football straight away, after watching dross with Houghton. It took 2yrs to final start reaping the rewards, but then finished 9th/7th and will be top half again. We ain’t getting anywhere near that under dyche, and while watching us defend for our life’s most weeks

Freak goal and I felt for Young - did really well on Mitoma today so I can understand leaving him on.

I thought we competed well today, imposed our game on Brighton and they struggled at times.

Other take home for me is the defense are becoming rock solid, our last three performences at the back have been superb and I’ve enjoyed watching them, turning into a serious unit.

If we are annoyed with two wins, progression to a cup quarter final and a draw in 6 days, then he’s doing a good job.

When you objectively look at the first 11 today and the types of other clubs that would buy them:

Pickford: extremely good keeper, could play for anyone in prem

Young: bottom half of prem utility player

Tarkowski: bottom half of prem defender

Branthwaite: top half prem player

Mykolenko: bottom half of prem defender

Gueye: bottom half of prem midfielder

Garner: bottom half of prem midfielder

McNeil: bottom half winger

Harrison: bottom half winger

Doucoure: bottom half midfielder

Calvert Lewin: top half striker

Some fans are doing the age old Everton fan thing of overrating players just because they won a few games recently and now we should be sweeping teams aside with our great football.

The truth is that without Onana in that team there’s only two outfield players anyone in the top half of the prem would be remotely interested in and even then they might only make the bench of those teams. They’re the ones in the starting line up as well. Not many top half teams will be kicking our door down for Dobbin Beto Chermiti or Keane either.

Some of the Everton players we think have been really good recently like Tarkowski Garner Doucoure McNeil Harrison are just average players playing better than the absolute dire dross they’ve been serving up last few seasons. If they were playing in the championship probably only Garner would stand out a bit. Yes it’s better than the non football under Lampard and Benitez when players were walking around but these are not players of the calibre of the likes of Arteta Cahill Pienaar Osman Baines Lescott Jagielka Yakubu Gravesen Mirallas Lukaku Stones etc. when we could outplay a lot of premier league teams.

It’s still an extremely average group of players with a few decent players down the spine in Pickford Branthwaite Onana. Dyche is getting the best he can out of them in my view. I just can’t understand fans who can see these players in the line up, have witnessed what some of them have produced in their Everton careers and then expect us to sweep aside PL teams with ease playing front foot possession football. It’s not going to happen.

Rubbish, you’re telling me a better manager wouldn’t offer more. Potter got Brighton playing better football straight away, after watching dross with Houghton. It took 2yrs to final start reaping the rewards, but then finished 9th/7th and will be top half again. We ain’t getting anywhere near that under dyche, and while watching us defend for our life’s most weeks

…I like him, I think he’s doing just fine.

I think he’s making the job look easier than it is at the moment but this squad is not that far removed from the one last season that was utterly terrible until Dyche came in. It’s just not a group of players capable of putting together lo my winning runs. Every point gained over the bottom 3 is therefore a point closer to mid table safety which is really all I think this group are capable of. It’s not a top 8 squad, probably not even top 10, so yeah for me Dyche’s job is steering us to a campaign devoid of relegation worries.
That is it really.

A man for the here and now to stabilise us.

It is what it is

Dyche doesn't do subs unless the result isn't going the way he wants - there's a logic to that, whether you agree with it or not

I'm absolutely fine with the game plan today. There's an awful lot of snobbery which totally overlooks the fact that we've been dreadful for a couple of years and people who seem to think we should be going toe to toe with anyone at Goodison

On the one hand you've got people criticising Dyche for dominating games earlier in the season and not getting results and then in the next breath criticising him for setting up negatively and getting a point - go figure

Been a good week but its ok to be a bit frustrated today too
Aye don’t disagree, but context is always importan.

If we hadn’t won in 8 and been dumped out of the cup we'd all be feeling very different right now.

We're a long way off where we’d all like to be, but I feel like we’re moving in the right direction.

When you objectively look at the first 11 today and the types of other clubs that would buy them:

Pickford: extremely good keeper, could play for anyone in prem

Young: bottom half of prem utility player

Tarkowski: bottom half of prem defender

Branthwaite: top half prem player

Mykolenko: bottom half of prem defender

Gueye: bottom half of prem midfielder

Garner: bottom half of prem midfielder

McNeil: bottom half winger

Harrison: bottom half winger

Doucoure: bottom half midfielder

Calvert Lewin: top half striker
HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

🤡

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back