Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid-table, not bottom half.

But I get it, you wanna big up your man Dyche, so you can start the miracle shouts again.

5 wins in 8.

Thats how good this side is.

Take the big 6, add in Newcastle, Villa, Brighton - which of those teams buys any of those players I said were bottom half and actually starts them? I’d wager very very few and maybe only to cover an injury etc.

They’re bottom half players and some could easily be playing in the championship and no one would give them a second look.

Fine shouldn’t be good enough for Everton. And he will be gone in 12 months even if we finish 12th/11th he will never change his style and it won’t get you anywhere
"Fine shouldn't be good enough for Everton"

For a club who haven't got two pennies to rub together and have been in a relegation fight with 1/2 games to play in thr last two years?

Mate?

But I get it, you wanna big up your man Dyche, so you can start the miracle shouts again.

5 wins in 8.

To be fair to Dyche he has started picking the right players. But nobody can tell me that Dom, Branthwaite, Onana, Garner, Tarkowski and McNeil aren’t a decent core to build off of. It took a bit for the young ones to get up to speed but we have a solid side. Dyche is not a miracle worker so far this season. Not even close. If he was, we would have won Wolves, Sheff and Fullham like we for should have. We wouldn’t have completely folded against Luton Town ffs

Take the big 6, add in Newcastle, Villa, Brighton - which of those teams buys any of those players I said were bottom half and actually starts them? I’d wager very very few and maybe only to cover an injury etc.

They’re bottom half players and some could easily be playing in the championship and no one would give them a second look.
I firmly disagree.

Im not claiming they get in any top 6 side.

But the majority arent bottom half players, the squad is good enough to finish mid-table and I shall not be swayed from that belief.

I remember once upon a long ago the 'style of play' was what was used to try and beat Moyes down.

Some people are never happy, 'twas ever thus.

I firmly disagree.

Im not claiming they get in any top 6 side.

But the majority arent bottom half players, the squad is good enough to finish mid-table and I shall not be swayed from that belief.
I’d agree, albeit squad light in midfield. I do think we’re unlucky not to have an extra 6mpts tho

To be fair to Dyche he has started picking the right players. But nobody can tell me that Dom, Branthwaite, Onana, Garner, Tarkowski and McNeil aren’t a decent core to build off of. It took a bit for the young ones to get up to speed but we have a solid side. Dyche is not a miracle worker so far this season. Not even close. If he was, we would have won Wolves, Sheff and Fullham like we for should have. We wouldn’t have completely folded against Luton Town ffs

It is a decent core, but come on with Pickford that’s 6 decent players, other teams have that on their bench.

Also as much as I like Tarkowski and think he’s a good honest pro who gives his best and is decent in the air, I can’t be having he’s a very good centreback.

I wouldn’t put him ahead of any of the below CBs we’ve had in our recent PL history in their primes:

Jagielka, Lescott, Distin, Stones, Mina (when fit), Heitinga, Yobo, Weir, Stubbs

5 wins in 8.

Which with little budget and from where we have come from, excellent. If he was called Dychio you would be proclaiming the next Jose.

It is a decent core, but come on with Pickford that’s 6 decent players, other teams have that on their bench.

Also as much as I like Tarkowski and think he’s a good honest pro who gives his best and is decent in the air, I can’t be having he’s a very good centreback.

I wouldn’t put him ahead of any of the below CBs we’ve had in our recent PL history in their primes:

Jagielka, Lescott, Distin, Stones, Mina (when fit), Heitinga, Yobo, Weir, Stubbs
Better than Heitinga, Weir and certainly Stubbs. Better defender than Stones though not 'playing out.' I like the little sprite.

Those Everton sides finished 4th/5th/6th/7th.

Hardly a fair comparison.

Today has proven what I suspected for a little while. The people who are anti-Dyche will jump on him the moment they feel they can.

In other words, there are some people who will remain nameless that simply have no objective relevance in this thread

"Fine shouldn't be good enough for Everton"

For a club who haven't got two pennies to rub together and have been in a relegation fight with 1/2 games to play in thr last two years?

Mate?
Shouldn’t be just about scrapping a few results here and there, this is probably the worst premier league in years. Much easier to survive than last season and we have a better squad.

I’m not a fan of dyche as I know nothing will change style wise and you will never make the jump, Brighton have sold half their team that finished 9th 18 months ago and are still playing good football. We’d all take finishing 12th/13th now. But that should be the end of dyche, with new owners/board/stadium. Thanks very much and there’s the door.

Imagine watching 20% possession and defending all game in our amazing new stadium in 2yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back