Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s my exact point though. That was the standard required to just be in the top half pushing europe. Why are we suddenly expecting Dyche to be working wonders when his lost of best players include Tarkowski and McNeil, who as much as I like both of them, are not top quality PL players. Neither is Gueye, neither is Docuoure, neither is Young, neither is Mykolenko, neither is Garner or Harrison.

They’re all honest pros, hard workers, and some like Garner and McNeil have moments of talent but come on, these are not very good players who can deliver consistent quality to allow Everton to dominate the ball and play front foot football home and away against the majority of PL sides. Everyone knows this so I don’t see why this unrealistic expectation is in place. None of the top ten teams would swap their squad for ours, none.
Im not expecting wonders.

I just wanted him to make subs today, we had a tired group of players and its like he waited for them to score before making changes.

Frustrated today, not angry.

I said earlier, we got a point in a game we got smashed in.

I dont want miracles, I want average.

The last few games since Luton we have done very well, which enforces my point that this group of players isnt that bad and dare I say it, maybe the manager.

I just wanna see my team win football games, if Dyche does that, we can be friends.

If we get 11th it’s because Dyche is a far better manager than you give him credit for. Convenient argument though, any managerial achievement from someone you don’t like can just be rationalised away by ‘look the players obviously were capable of it’. If we come 17th I don’t think it would be accepted to say ‘the squad was poor enough to finish 17th’
If we finish 15th, I will be happy, after the last few seasons, im taking anything.

But I think 15th would be underachieving with this group of players and would be looking to replace him in the summer.

It's just watching Burnley under Dyche but in Blue, like an 11 Ashley Barnes. My son who is 15 says as long as it gets results that's all important and I know he's right.

But I can't see how ANYONE can say they're enjoying watching us, it makes my eyes bleed watching us not being able to string more than 3 passes together without a blammo into nowhere.

The players are working hard that's a massive tick
The players are organised (except on set pieces ( thags a tick )
The players are playing for the manager and that's a massive tick

But the football is just absolutely abysmal. I just don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

I don't want him sacked, he's grafting away as he knows how so i give him credit for that.

I just can't stomach such long periods of absolute nothingness, the home form is.....well the season tickets should be for free for the fans.
Fans will be sick of it soon, some already are. It’s like wheh Big Sam was in charge, you know he’s getting sacked and you’re just waiting for that day.

Moyes got stick for some of his negative tactics even when we were 7th/8th. Because you always want better as fans and rightly so.

Drunk as anything, watching embrace killing all their ‘hits’…

Everton mate…they just grab you in….get a left back you don’t rate at all get a moment he’ll cherish for ‘life’ in front of the park end. Probably first time in over a decade I haven’t watched these bastards ruin a weekend…

Sean dyche tonight…brought us back some identity, critic of his but head and shoulders above last two managers. Hope he wins us the carabao and keeps us safe.

UTFT. Tequila is it????

Rubbish, you’re telling me a better manager wouldn’t offer more. Potter got Brighton playing better football straight away, after watching dross with Houghton. It took 2yrs to final start reaping the rewards, but then finished 9th/7th and will be top half again. We ain’t getting anywhere near that under dyche, and while watching us defend for our life’s most weeks
It's just watching Burnley under Dyche but in Blue, like an 11 Ashley Barnes. My son who is 15 says as long as it gets results that's all important and I know he's right.

But I can't see how ANYONE can say they're enjoying watching us, it makes my eyes bleed watching us not being able to string more than 3 passes together without a blammo into nowhere.

The players are working hard that's a massive tick
The players are organised (except on set pieces ( thags a tick )
The players are playing for the manager and that's a massive tick

But the football is just absolutely abysmal. I just don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

I don't want him sacked, he's grafting away as he knows how so i give him credit for that.

I just can't stomach such long periods of absolute nothingness, the home form is.....well the season tickets should be for free for the fans.
Every game has got to be taken on its merits. We scored early and that shaped The match today. Brighton are no mugs and there was an occasion I remember 2nd half where we took a risk on the press and we didn’t quite make the challenges on 2 occasions and the space opened up through the middle and fortunately they didn’t make it count. We conceded 7 shots and 2 on target unfortunately one resulting in a goal. Now I agree the football isn’t what we aspire too but there are positives to take from our recent performances.This was a difficult game and we didn’t quite get there but ive seen some horrendous surrenders from our team in the last 8 years and this wasn’t one of them.

If we get 11th it’s because Dyche is a far better manager than you give him credit for. Convenient argument though, any managerial achievement from someone you don’t like can just be rationalised away by ‘look the players obviously were capable of it’. If we come 17th I don’t think it would be accepted to say ‘the squad was poor enough to finish 17th’
11-14th is what I would expect from this group of players if they can stay fit, I could live with 15th but anything else would be disappointing imo.

You over rate this Brighton team to a huge degree. They're bang average and passed us off the park. At home.

I really don’t overrate Brighton if you read back the amount of times I’ve argued against people claiming them to be brilliant.

I don’t think Gilmour Lallana and Gross are any great shakes at all, they’re all pretty average players who have decent technical skills and can keep possession and create chances. A pretty average skill set of what you’d expect from PL midfielders.

The problem is without Onana we have a terrible midfield. I like Garner for his effort and would probably put him alongside the Brighton lads but Gueye and Doucoure are utterly abysmal in possession and only real talents lie in running around lots without the ball. It’s therefore no shock that when your team has players who can’t keep the ball in it, you don’t have much possession.

This team would look a mile better with Onana over Gueye, and a proper number 10 over Doucoure.

Heitinga was player of the season in an established Everton team challenging for Europe.

Weir and Stubbs played in a team that finished fourth.

Stones was miles better than him.
Yep, they were all decent but imo he is a better individual. Only in todays total football fashion would you consider Stones a better defender, he is certainly not as I perceive a defender.

Every game has got to be taken on its merits. We scored early and that shaped The match today. Brighton are no mugs and there was an occasion I remember 2nd half where we took a risk on the press and we didn’t quite make the challenges on 2 occasions and the space opened up through the middle and fortunately they didn’t make it count. We conceded 7 shots and 2 on target unfortunately one resulting in a goal. Now I agree the football isn’t what we aspire too but there are positives to take from our recent performances.This was a difficult game and we didn’t quite get there but ive seen some horrendous surrenders from our team in the last 8 years and this wasn’t one of them.
As a one off game against a good team I can see what you’re saying, but it was still backs to the wall football. And this is what it will always be under dyche and I’m looking at the long term goal. I just done see us getting anywhere under him, he never changed at Burnley and not really changed at Everton, he’s just got better players than he had last season.

I want to see a manger like Brighton had today, who wants to go and win the game by be on the front foot. Will you be happy witt this football at BMD in 2yrs

I really don’t overrate Brighton if you read back the amount of times I’ve argued against people claiming them to be brilliant.

I don’t think Gilmour Lallana and Gross are any great shakes at all, they’re all pretty average players who have decent technical skills and can keep possession and create chances. A pretty average skill set of what you’d expect from PL midfielders.

The problem is without Onana we have a terrible midfield. I like Garner for his effort and would probably put him alongside the Brighton lads but Gueye and Doucoure are utterly abysmal in possession and only real talents lie in running around lots without the ball. It’s therefore no shock that when your team has players who can’t keep the ball in it, you don’t have much possession.

This team would look a mile better with Onana over Gueye, and a proper number 10 over Doucoure.
Add to that at least one much better wide player . Harrison and McNeil work hard but are both limited footballers

There’s basically 10th place up for grabs the top 9 is done. And it would take a lot of luck and things to go our way to get 10th and we have dyche as manager, who’s style doesn’t win you a lot of games

Brighton didn't play particularly bad today and only got a point off a fluked goal...if that can happen, finishing above 10 can happen...we just have to get the issue of dropping points to the Luton's of the league out of our vocabulary, an issue for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back