Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many teams hav success with 20% possession at home. Will be interesting to see the last time a team won with 20% possession at home
Probably Burnley.

The game plan was allow them the ball because they couldn't break us down and it took a terrible deflection.

But I agree we can't sit back and soak up every teams attack, we have to be more progressive.

Our passing out and hold up play was terrible plus add in how we blew out of our arse after 70 mins.

We have 5 subs to use but not much quality

Same things all season:

1: Cant pick the 'right' 11 to start

2: Cant make subs to effect the game

Those are my 2 major gripes with him. No problem with the 'style of play' but if he'd improve either point above we could have won.

Its beyond a joke that Ashley Young has effected games so negatively and yet is 1st choice.

Making subs at the end of a match is pointless when your players are tiring 30mins earlier.

I would really like to understand whats in his head to not have some awareness and improve those 2 areas.

Same things all season:

1: Cant pick the 'right' 11 to start

2: Cant make subs to effect the game

Those are my 2 major gripes with him. No problem with the 'style of play' but if he'd improve either point above we could have won.

Its beyond a joke that Ashley Young has effected games so negatively and yet is 1st choice.

Making subs at the end of a match is pointless when your players are tiring 30mins earlier.

I would really like to understand whats in his head to not have some awareness and improve those 2 areas.
couldn't agree more
Overall think he's doing a good job
Sorting those two things would make it even better

How many teams hav success with 20% possession at home. Will be interesting to see the last time a team won with 20% possession at home
I've seen Brighton carve a lot of teams open who had more possession so I'm not bothered in the least
If not for an unfortunate deflection we had them
And I get that there is more chance of that when defending deep, but it was close to 3pts today

I don't like him, but,I think he's doing ok, the thing with a manager like Dyche is, it's all about results. The football is so turgid that as soon as he starts losing games the fans will be on his case. I didn't want him here, I don't enjoy the football we serve up under him, I cringe when I hear his David Brent soundbites in his interviews, but,in our current state, I don't see us attracting better. I suppose we'll know more about Dyche's fate when the take over goes through.

I really enjoy watching us mate, there is a competitive edge and because of that a likability to this Everton team - I can identify with that and get behind this Everton team.

Everyone is leaving sweat on the shirt and playing for the badge. I think he’s built a real unit in that defense also. Every week I see us post a performance and every week I see us getting stronger. Young players are developing and kicking on. Former lost assets have been redeemed, results are coming in. Cup quarter final in the horizon.

It’s footballs job to make us dream, after the last two seasons lads talking about 10th are of their bins. It is however indicative of the manager raising expectations, that’s his job, even unbeknownst to them in their criticism, may the goal posts keep changing upwards.

Last edited:

Genuinely, my only gripe with Dyche at the moment is the Ashley Young thing. To my eyes Patterson has been at least as good as Young when he's got game time, that being the case surely it's better that we let a younger player develop than it is a 38 year old get all this game time?

I'm not seeing what Young gives us that Patterson hasn't. Tbf to Dyche, he's dropped Gueye and has a youthful midfield duo he's building the team around and there's Branthwaite at the back now too, so I don't think it's necessarily trusting older players over younger ones. This particular decision baffles me a bit.

The subs thing that people are moaning about - generally speaking he doesn't make subs as often as other managers unless we are losing. I don't have a problem with that particularly. I did think that Gueye in particular looked shattered with about 10 mins to go yesterday, but the Onana injury meant that there was no viable sub we could make that wouldn't have severely weakened us, so I sort of get it. Looking at the bench, there was no substitution he could have made (in my mind) other than Patterson for Young (see above) that wouldn't have actually made the team on the pitch worse, so I'd probably give him a pass here.

Honestly still well and truly baffled by his 91st minute Patterson substitution. Almost like he was rubbing the fans' faces in it and mocking them.
I don't think it's mocking, yet rather perhaps he was begrudgingly admitting that their left was a threat and another goal would more likely come down there.

Apart from a few light runs, he didn't have Beto and Patterson out to warm up properly until late on, so for most of the 2nd half those changes weren't his intention.

Before that, it was Dobbin, Keane and Godfrey warming up and they then went back to sit down, so the evidence clearly suggest he was likely trying to stick it out.

If it had worked, he would have probably smugly patted himself on the back, but their goal changed all that.

Good morning Evertonians. I bring you this.

Seems pretty in tune with the culture of the club and how to play the game.

Just might take a little time. Perhaps the most entitled and pissy pants will try sabotage another Everton manager as they want it right now, but they’re just big sillies aren’t they.

This is really fascinating.
Can see Dele on the coaching staff in the not too distant.

I really enjoy watching us mate, there is a competitive edge and because of that a likability to this Everton team - I can identify with that and get behind this Everton team.

Everyone is leaving sweat on the shirt and playing for the badge. I think he’s built a real unit in that defense also. Every week I see us post a performance and every week I see us getting stronger. Young players are developing and kicking on. Former lost assets have been redeemed, results are coming in. Cup quarter final in the horizon.

It’s footballs job to make us dream, after the last two seasons lads talking about 10th are of their bins. It is however indicative of the manager raising expectations, that’s his job, even unbeknownst to them in their criticism, may the goal posts keep changing upwards.
It's rather like watching Burnley, loads of effort undeniably, but, I don't see much to like, other than the fact that we may well not be involved in the relegation fight at the end of the season. I accept that Dyche is probably as good as anyone else we could attract in our current predicament and I am not saying I want him sacked, but, saying I enjoy watching us play under Dyche is just too much of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back