Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen Brighton carve a lot of teams open who had more possession so I'm not bothered in the least
If not for an unfortunate deflection we had them
And I get that there is more chance of that when defending deep, but it was close to 3pts today
You’re taking this game in isolation and that’s fine, I’m looking at the long term picture and this style will get us nowhere and fans will soon vent their frustration watching us sit back every other week at home.

You’re taking this game in isolation and that’s fine, I’m looking at the long term picture and this style will get us nowhere and fans will soon vent their frustration watching us sit back every other week at home.
You're being extremely disingenuous by suggesting that we've played like that all the time.

We've played that way twice this season. Maybe three times if you include the Anfield game but given we were down to 10 men for half of it, it probably isn't fair to include it.

You're being extremely disingenuous by suggesting that we've played like that all the time.

We've played that way twice this season. Maybe three times if you include the Anfield game but given we were down to 10 men for half of it, it probably isn't fair to include it.
villa away we created nothing, that’s his style against the poor teams in the league, then of course the possession goes up because they can’t keep the ball. But his tactic is counter attacking and route one football. And If we score first then he will go even more defensive

Brentford last season had 80% 2nd half as we sat in to defend a 1-0. It worked and will work again. But it’s not enjoyable and it’s never ever going to lead to improvement, we will just be around 12th/13th for the duration of his stay.

It's rather like watching Burnley, loads of effort undeniably, but, I don't see much to like, other than the fact that we may well not be involved in the relegation fight at the end of the season. I accept that Dyche is probably as good as anyone else we could attract in our current predicament and I am not saying I want him sacked, but, saying I enjoy watching us play under Dyche is just too much of a stretch.

There’s isnt a whole lot of difference to how we play know and how we played under Anchelotti mate, you can say we’re Burnley or early nouthies AC Milan.

anybody who enjoys watching -20% possession is talking out of their arse, sorry.
Anyone who enjoyed bags of possession but losing to the odd goal in 5 under likes of Martinez is also lying.

Only stat that matters is the points stat. I enjoy getting a hard fought point more than being paggered 4-1 at home. Was attritional, gritty, dogged, Dyche-y any number of superlatives. But it was an improvement from this fixture last year.

Brighton never looked overly threatening so the game plan worked in that sense. But his continued poor in game management is costing us points. Players looked wrecked and he made no changes until they had already equalised.

We could have been 12th with a real chance of being top 10 if we beat Palace next week. Instead, we are still 15th.

Brighton never looked overly threatening so the game plan worked in that sense. But his continued poor in game management is costing us points. Players looked wrecked and he made no changes until they had already equalised.

We could have been 12th with a real chance of being top 10 if we beat Palace next week. Instead, we are still 15th.
But with a point extra. Not a loss. I'm struggling to understand the issues here.

Anyone who enjoyed bags of possession but losing to the odd goal in 5 under likes of Martinez is also lying.

Only stat that matters is the points stat. I enjoy getting a hard fought point more than being paggered 4-1 at home. Was attritional, gritty, dogged, Dyche-y any number of superlatives. But it was an improvement from this fixture last year.
Didn't realise that we only had two options available to us to play. Direct football can be exciting I don't mind it but giving up possession by 80% is basically watching the other team have a kick about and it's inevitable that they'll break through at some point. It's boring af, I don't like it, never have and I think we are better than that especially at home.

villa away we created nothing, that’s his style against the poor teams in the league, then of course the possession goes up because they can’t keep the ball. But his tactic is counter attacking and route one football. And If we score first then he will go even more defensive

Brentford last season had 80% 2nd half as we sat in to defend a 1-0. It worked and will work again. But it’s not enjoyable and it’s never ever going to lead to improvement, we will just be around 12th/13th for the duration of his stay.
Which is a marked improvement on the past two seasons.

It’s quite amazing people have learned nothing, both Boberto and Lampard, pointless possession football going no where.

We sound like Spurs and West Ham fans and wanting to play the spurs and West Ham way - what ever that is.

I was all week last week saying we had to play the same way at home as we do away, contain and counter. We’ve to expansive and open at home, we’re not good enough to crack open teams with 11 behind the ball. We are good enough to be a contain and counter team.

Same lads moaning against a point against Brighton yesterday, would be morning if we got tonged 3.0 trying to play through them. Which would be fairly inevitable.

Not sure what people expected to happen challenging for Europe after a kick of a ball separated us from the championship.

Didn't realise that we only had two options available to us to play. Direct football can be exciting I don't mind it but giving up possession by 80% is basically watching the other team have a kick about and it's inevitable that they'll break through at some point. It's boring af, I don't like it, never have and I think we are better than that especially at home.
Was an example. I could provide 9 different ones based on the multitude of managers we've had since Moyes. Possession much like xG is an irrelevance to me. 3 points is the key.

Found this too..
Screenshot_20231105-083002_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
But with a point extra. Not a loss. I'm struggling to understand the issues here.
As we dropped 2 points from a winning position. For all their possession and passing, they didn’t do much to actually threaten.

Everyone could see some changes were needed.

I’m not complaining about his set up or approach to the game, he tends to get that right. His in game management has been poor routinely though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back