Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was said about big sam at the time that once he got us safe he was expected to show that he could play more progressive and expansive football. Dyche should be held to the same scrutiny.
Dyche kept us up and if he gets us nice and safe this season 13th say. Shake his hand and say thanks very much, but there’s the door. With a new ground/owners/board we should be looking to kick on. And play a more progressive style, with a young manager. The last thing I want to see is dyche being around when we get 200mil for Branthwaite and Onana and he buys 6 more beto’s

So what would you have done differently?

You've wrongly assumed I was only referring to yesterday. I'm not.

This you mate?

The problem is we've got nil points at home to Wolves and Fulham, who will both be bottom 7 teams. That's a huge concern.

...Seemed to have changed your tune since.

What would you have done differently to yesterday then?

If we take one chance against Fulham or Wolves we beat them.

What a pathetic post.

Brighton made 5 subs. It worked. Bozo made 2, in the 90th minute. Young was constantly getting skinned by Mitoma and the only one who couldn’t see it was Dyche.

We absolutely should have made a sub to try and exploit the space on the counter attack, and to freshen up a team who were clearly tired. We should have been looking to break away and get the second goal - it was there for the taking the way Brighton were set up

And a question I've asked a few times. If you make a change at 90 minutes, presumably it's because you feel that change improves you. Why doesn't that change occur earlier?

Said all this for ages on here. Slated Lampard for trying to play better than the players he had - like trying to go toe to toe with Spurs away from home.

But for me, Dyche is too far. We had some breathing space yesterday - go and try and win the game.

Think back to Arsenal. Understood the approach but it was too far.

I said this yesterday;

I mean, we've got to win some games at home. We've got to start some games at home with us going to win the bloody thing and win it well.

Dread to think for us to be relying on away games.

... We've only scored more than 1 goal at Goodison under Dyche in the league once, against Bournemouth the other week. That's no coincidence.
We also won’t score first every week. And like we seen with Luton, dyche’s tactic of trying to chase a game Is very easy to defend against. We haven’t won when we’ve conceded first under him

You've wrongly assumed I was only referring to yesterday. I'm not.

This you mate?

...Seemed to have changed your tune since.

What date did I post that mate?
I've seen enough since then to know we are going to consistently put in better performances and thus get better results over the course of the season.

Since then I assume we've lost to Arsenal at home, beat Bournemouth and we're a deflection away from beating Brighton.

Belted Burnley in the cup at home too.

You can't honestly say that we were pragmatic versus Wolves and Fulham? We absolutely battered them and but for both goalies getting man of the match or us finishing abysmally, we win handsomely.

We were then pragmatic versus Arsenal and Brighton which is absolutely the right way to go about getting results.

Its bizarre at best that you think he is going about it wrongly.

Every game at home we don't win is points lost. Sooner we get to that mentality, the better.

After 11 games last season we had 10 points.

After 11 games this season we have 11 points.
Obviously conjecture but I think if we'd had the squad we have now at the start of the season, the our points tally would be much higher now

And a question I've asked a few times. If you make a change at 90 minutes, presumably it's because you feel that change improves you. Why doesn't that change occur earlier?
I don't have the answer to that

He is an instinctively reactive manager and he doesn't like to change things when we are defending a lead. In fairness, we were defending ok yesterday, but there should have been more intent to get another goal, or you are vulnerable to something like the fluke OG that happenned.

Maybe it was as much execution as intent though. We played so many poor passes when one half decent pass would have had us in a dangerous area.

Dyche kept us up and if he gets us nice and safe this season 13th say. Shake his hand and say thanks very much, but there’s the door. With a new ground/owners/board we should be looking to kick on. And play a more progressive style, with a young manager. The last thing I want to see is dyche being around when we get 200mil for Branthwaite and Onana and he buys 6 more beto’s

This is my thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back