Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3 teams who’ve come up is probably the worst as a group in premier league history. Bournemouth look in trouble. Wolves, palace, Fulham without Mitrovic will Also be down there.

Let’s face facts a fit DCL for the full season and we wouldn’t have been in relegation the previous 2 seasons. 2 years ago keane/holgate/Godfrey we’re CB’s Allan and doucoure in midfield. Allan was a good player but didn’t have the legs for the prem and doucoure is a poor centre midfielder. Tom Davies and Gomes were midfield back up. Gary and Townsend out wide. And Rondon getting games up front.

Amy manager can park the bus and get results, big Sam made a living out of it. Unfortunately its mind numbing,
Stuck in the 90’s and will get you nowhere long term. Which will be proven over the next 18 months, or However dyche lasts
First paragraph is pure opinion. 2nd the same.
3rd paragraph and we're back to expectations again. Where do you think we will be with, or without Dyche in 18 months? The sensible money goes on us being sh1t no matter who is in charge. Which is fine because we can blame that on Dyche.

Yes, because the quality level has increased.

Dom is back to full fitness, we’ve added a proper winger to give us balance, Garner has put his injuries behind him and we’ve got, what looks like a top class centre back.

People also love to tell us how he’s transformed McNeil and Doucoure into these powerhouses.

So gone is the lack of goals and consistency in Iwobi & Gray, replaced by consistency and goals in Dom and Harrison. As well as this we now have 2 supporting strikers, one who was quite successful in Italy.

So in theory, this squad should be nowhere near the relegation zone. Not a chance
And with a quarter of the season gone, we're not. Amazing.

I mean its simple maths.

The Fat kopite did badly at Newcastle, did badly here and is currently doing very badly in Spain
Lampard did badly at Chelsea, did badly here and then was terrible again for Chelsea and hasnt been given another job.
Dyche did badly at Burnley, got them relegated, then nearly took us down.

Logic.

I mean its simple maths.

The Fat kopite did badly at Newcastle, did badly here and is currently doing very badly in Spain
Lampard did badly at Chelsea, did badly here and then was terrible again for Chelsea and hasnt been given another job.

Logic.
Bristol City looking like his next port of call

Bristol City looking like his next port of call

Frank Lampard not currently under consideration​

Just on the Frank Lampard links, we understand there’s been no contact with the former Chelsea manager and it’s another case of the betting markets being spooked.

As it stands, he’s not under consideration to take over at Ashton Gate and, if you’re being honest with it, he probably doesn’t quite conform to the idea of the sort of head coach City want.

The Robins want an on-the-grass style, detailed coach to work directly with the players and while Lampard in a reputational sense may seem exciting, he’s more of a managerial-type figure.

I mean its simple maths.

Logic.
I mean I don’t think two promotions and a 7th place finish with a club from a town of about 70,000 is “doing badly” regardless of how it finished. Ask Vinny Kompany how easy it is keeping a team like that in the top flight.

I mean I don’t think two promotions and a 7th place finish with a club from a town of about 70,000 is “doing badly” regardless of how it finished. Ask Vinny Kompany how easy it is keeping a team like that in the top flight.
Vincent Kompany is also a very bad manager.

And I have no idea what the population of Burnley has to do with anything, they dont use people from Burnley in the team, its not an International side.

Everton has a population of 14,000 by the way.

And I have no idea what the population of Burnley has to do with anything, they dont use people from Burnley in the team, its not an International side.

I've been quietly enjoying their awfulness and the Kompany sack rumors.

Those mutants could wait to stick the knife in last year on this forum about Dyche and banging on about the greatest football ever last season in their promotion.

Oh man the point just sailed right by you, didn’t it?

The point is that comparing Fat Frank and Sean Dyche is a misnomer, as Dyche has a much better record btw.

First paragraph is pure opinion. 2nd the same.
3rd paragraph and we're back to expectations again. Where do you think we will be with, or without Dyche in 18 months? The sensible money goes on us being sh1t no matter who is in charge. Which is fine because we can blame that on Dyche.
We’re nearly a 3rd of way through the season and the 3 teams that have come up have all won 1 game. 25 points will keep you up this season.
In 18 months in our new ground I want to see a manger who has a style and a plan with the dof to build a good side and one that wants to play on the front foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back