Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re nearly a 3rd of way through the season and the 3 teams that have come up have all won 1 game. 25 points will keep you up this season.
In 18 months in our new ground I want to see a manger who has a style and a plan with the dof to build a good side and one that wants to play on the front foot.
That'll depend on how the club is being run.

People wanting "front-foot" football need to realise that right now we are in an existential battle as the club is in ownership limbo. Dyche's job - which people are already taking for granted - is to ensure we are a Premier League club when we move into that new stadium and have owners in a position to back us.

I couldn't care less how we play right now once we play with spirit, guts, and smarts - and take enough points to stay up without a last month heart-attack.

The "front-foot" stuff can wait.

Miracle.

Getting called a kopite by a 2month old account.

Utterly priceless.

For the record, Kopites love Dyche.
The very notion that he 'nearly took us down' considering where we were when he came in, is kopite levels of revisionism and an utterly tragic argument. The length of time I have been a member here is irrelevant. You're fookin devastated we're not bottom 3, but long may it continue.

Or just factually correct
Oh come on mate.

Only somebody with a massive agenda to push would claim Dyche didnt take Burnley down.

Im not even sure why its a discussion.

Ouch, the lampard-ettes are in a foul mood this weekend, must be the good run of everton results that they hate
Not a Lampard-ette, just a fan who wants to see his team win games.

I wanted Lampard sacked after the Bournemouth games, when it was clear he was crap.

I wanted Dyche sacked at the end of last season, when it was clear he was crap, but hes still here and I said I would give him the season before I started calling for his head. I dont think I have done that since the season started, not even after Luton.

But yes, we are in a good run of form, yesterdays result was a disappointment, but it was a point against a very decent side, so I take it and move on to the next game.

After 11 games we are on a point more than we were at the same time last season, when, we all agree, we had a terrible manager.

Heres to hoping Big Sean can put some distance between us and the bottom 3 in the next 27 games, despite what you or others think, nothing and I mean nothing would please me more to see us sail through the season without looking behind us once.

We all want the same thing.

Last edited:
The very notion that he 'nearly took us down' considering where we were when he came in, is kopite levels of revisionism and an utterly tragic argument. The length of time I have been a member here is irrelevant. You're fookin devastated we're not bottom 3, but long may it continue.
We were 1 kick of a ball from getting relegated.

Refrain from calling me a kopite or I shall be forced to take action on this matter.

Ouch, the lampard-ettes are in a foul mood this weekend, must be the good run of everton results that they hate
Nobody mentions Lampard more than yourself, and I'm including FB92 in that. It's unhealthy pal, let it go, you loved him when he saved us from relegation, we all got sucked into the hype, he's gone now, it's the Direct Dyche Dynasty time.

I don't like his style of play, I don't like how he surrenders the ball and he reminds he of alladyce, a la dyche if you may, but he's doing what's required with what's available, I'm realistic enough to know that now is not that the time for wants.

Pretty football can wait.
I dont even have a problem with the style, sure its not vintage football but its been pretty effective for most of the season. Even games we have lost we have created and played football, bar 1 or 2 games.

I dont even have a problem with the style, sure its not vintage football but its been pretty effective for most of the season. Even games we have lost we have created and played football, bar 1 or 2 games.

It's personal preference regarding style, points on the board is what matters.

I'm alrite with what's happening currently

It would be nice to actually enjoy a match once in a while tho and not come out if goodison missing 5 fingernails

The thing I don't get about the Dyche bashing is: the thinking that we should somehow be playing a brand of football that we've rarely played, and when we tried to play it, folks ripped into the manager, eg, e.g., Martinez, for pointless possession and going nowhere with the ball. It was just like Brighton yesterday, for large parts. Can't speak about 2-3 years done the line, but right not, given the mess we're in, I think he's doing really well.

And the idea that we somehow have better players who should be playing purer football...sorry, nope. Lampard tried and it was a mess. We were open and an easy 3-points. Our players just aren't that good. Love 'em to death and all that, but they're workman-like and now well-organized and effective.
I know we should be like Brentford, or Brighton, etc. But I keep remembering Southampton, and before that Norwich, and before that Swindon...the team that plays beautiful football, the new template. But who knows, in 4-5 years, what league they'll be in. Battening down the hatches until better weather arrives makes sense to me.

We were 30 minutes away from it. 30 Minutes, just to be crystal clear.

Skin.Of.Teeth

If JUST keeping us up is the objective, fine and dandy for those who love his archaic football style, for me and many others, simply staying up is only acceptable if we see progress on and off pitch.

We may well see some, but again yesterday his stubborn approach cost us 2 points and today's results have not helped his ridiculous reluctance to freshen legs, when Brighton sensed blood and made their changes.

He's a dinosaur.

And calling people kopites is kopite behaviour, was being bandied around a few times over last few days in here and while there are some sniffy ass lurkers on here, calling long standing members this is out of order.

UTFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back