Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafael Benitez - P22 W7 D5 L10

Frank Lampard - P44 W12 D8 L24

Sean Dyche - P32 W11 D8 L13

How about just enjoying our improvement rather than turning the Sean Dyche thread into a pit of misery every weekend, honestly we do well in a match then I make the mistake of coming on GOT and the enjoyment of the result is removed completely. It's like going on Twitter.
Get salty because I corrected some facts.

Rafael Benitez - P22 W7 D5 L10

Frank Lampard - P44 W12 D8 L24

Sean Dyche - P32 W11 D8 L13

How about just enjoying our improvement rather than turning the Sean Dyche thread into a pit of misery every weekend, honestly we do well in a match then I make the mistake of coming on GOT and the enjoyment of the result is removed completely. It's like going on Twitter.

Harry Catterick - P42 W25 D11 L6

I totally agree with this: we are in a much better position now than previous, and I think we'll see the rewards of this over the coming season. We'll easily be safe.

However, I think the most common concern (gripe, concern) is how some of Dyche's self-imposed glass ceilings may in the long-term curtail us.

Now that's natural for most managers would be a fair rebuttal of that, but things like choosing not to make a sub until 89 minutes is something quite fixable.

But will his rigid (stubborn) approach allow it? I will accept it's a balancing act of making sure we're secure and disciplined, with what's a limited squad.

Yet nobody can tell me that a refusal to bring Patterson on for a clearly tired and vulnerable Young is a good idea, nor can they use it to justify the other positives.

Little things like that can be the difference between winning, losing or ultimately (like yesterday) drawing a game. We need to be patient, but he has to be pragmatic.

I'll keep giving Dyche praise for what he's done and right now he probably is the right man for the job, all things considered, but some stuff still seriously frustrates.
100% agree

Remember that time Stones did the Cruyff turn in his own box and heads nearly fell off, I want my centre backs doing that again to keep possession. Tarkowski can get practising that now this week, hope Dyche doesn't hold him back.....

People complain for the sake of complaining

We were 30 minutes away from it. 30 Minutes, just to be crystal clear.

Skin.Of.Teeth

If JUST keeping us up is the objective, fine and dandy for those who love his archaic football style, for me and many others, simply staying up is only acceptable if we see progress on and off pitch.

We may well see some, but again yesterday his stubborn approach cost us 2 points and today's results have not helped his ridiculous reluctance to freshen legs, when Brighton sensed blood and made their changes.

He's a dinosaur.

And calling people kopites is kopite behaviour, was being bandied around a few times over last few days in here and while there are some sniffy ass lurkers on here, calling long standing members this is out of order.

UTFT

Relegation is a binary outcome though. If he’d have ‘just’ taken us down by the ‘skin of our teeth’ it wouldn’t have made the slightest bit of difference, we’d have been down, and his critics would have slaughtered him for it. So he deserves the opposite amount of credit for keeping us up. People don’t say City ‘just’ won the by the skin of their teeth.

Football is about definitive outcomes. ‘Just’ or ‘close to’ doesn’t matter.

Dyche kept us up last season, end of.

The thing I don't get about the Dyche bashing is: the thinking that we should somehow be playing a brand of football that we've rarely played, and when we tried to play it, folks ripped into the manager, eg, e.g., Martinez, for pointless possession and going nowhere with the ball. It was just like Brighton yesterday, for large parts. Can't speak about 2-3 years done the line, but right not, given the mess we're in, I think he's doing really well.

And the idea that we somehow have better players who should be playing purer football...sorry, nope. Lampard tried and it was a mess. We were open and an easy 3-points. Our players just aren't that good. Love 'em to death and all that, but they're workman-like and now well-organized and effective.
I know we should be like Brentford, or Brighton, etc. But I keep remembering Southampton, and before that Norwich, and before that Swindon...the team that plays beautiful football, the new template. But who knows, in 4-5 years, what league they'll be in. Battening down the hatches until better weather arrives makes sense to me.
I agree, we need to reestablish ourslwves as mid table side the next few seasons and then evolve the playing staff in line with ffp. The football on the display 100 times better to alardyce, we are getting the ball in dangerous areas and creating chances.

I agree, we need to reestablish ourslwves as mid table side the next few seasons and then evolve the playing staff in line with ffp. The football on the display 100 times better to alardyce, we are getting the ball in dangerous areas and creating chances.

Anyone who thinks this football is remotely similar to Allardyce football doesn’t know footie. Just lazy lazy stereotyping which is far too common from the negative crowd on here desperate for another managerial change.

Dyche will have his sell by date at some point but we’re not near it yet. He can’t see this team to higher levels and at that point we’ll be a far better prospect for a good manager to take us on then rather than changing now and hoping for a miracle appointment but ending up with Hasenhuttl or Potter with both finding they don’t have the players for their style, and that we have no money to change any players in January. Rinse and repeat when the players down tools on that new manager and we’re looking for an end of season Hail Mary wishing we’d just stuck with Dyche

You’re taking this game in isolation and that’s fine, I’m looking at the long term picture and this style will get us nowhere and fans will soon vent their frustration watching us sit back every other week at home.
I only care about how many chances we get and how many we concede
Possession does not necessarily mean an enjoyable watch

We had more possession under Lampard but did little with it

Find it funny how people a few years ago really didn’t like Allardyce and the style of football we played. Yet this manager comes along plays just as bad football but this time it’s ok and considered progress? We have a good first eleven that should be nowhere near the drop in my opinion and the potential to play better football and get better results. Dyche is just Allardyce with better PR. We will never progress with him in charge.

Find it funny how people a few years ago really didn’t like Allardyce and the style of football we played. Yet this manager comes along plays just as bad football but this time it’s ok and considered progress? We have a good first eleven that should be nowhere near the drop in my opinion and the potential to play better football and get better results. Dyche is just Allardyce with better PR. We will never progress with him in charge.
As stated above, this is lazy and wrong. We barely had shots on goal under Allardyce. I remember many, many games where we had zero or one shot on target.

We are creating more chances than most opponents outside the top 6 now, and scoring plenty of goals.

Pure nonsense.

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch, but I think a couple of years under him could at least provide a decent platform to move up from should we continue on this current trajectory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back