Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I call him a miracle worker? They also sold Wood mid-season when they went down and didn't replace him. Funny you mention that he had McNeil and Cornet as good players there when everyone here thinks they're both crap, as was said constantly in the summer and you've named 7 Burnley players, which consists of 1 GK and 3 CBs, that's hardly enough to keep you up on it's own? None of that matters though because you can never just judge a squad on paper otherwise Leicester would've never been relegated last year.

Also like I said we have a few decent players but no one in our squad is that amazing we're around where we should be with the quality, which is bottom half really. I just really don't understand this narrative that people are desperate to paint Dyche with, let's say you're right though and I'll go back to my original point, who do you realistically replace him with that you think would do better? There's not a manager in the world who'd consider coming to Everton that would have this team much better at all, the club is in a shambles. I think Poch is a world class manager, I also think Potter is very good, look at the state Chelsea are in with them though, goes to show that even the best managers can't do it when their clubs are in crisis, what makes you think anyone else could come in here and do better than Dyche is this season?

He's doing a good job ffs

Erm they did, they brought in Weghorst?

Erm they did, they brought in Weghorst?

Was reactive to losing Woods/desperation deadline day though wasn't it?

Can't recall who got injured for Newcastle, but it prompted them to activate Woods release fee. Burnley were never expecting to lose him. They'd have kept him if they could. It was as big a loss to them as us not having Calvert-Lewin. Woods hit double figures every full season for them.

Burnley went down because they drew too many games/14 - he'd have tipped a few of them results as he did for 3/4 years before IMO. Nice one Geordies!

Where did I call him a miracle worker? They also sold Wood mid-season when they went down and didn't replace him. Funny you mention that he had McNeil and Cornet as good players there when everyone here thinks they're both crap, as was said constantly in the summer and you've named 7 Burnley players, which consists of 1 GK and 3 CBs, that's hardly enough to keep you up on it's own? None of that matters though because you can never just judge a squad on paper otherwise Leicester would've never been relegated last year.

Also like I said we have a few decent players but no one in our squad is that amazing we're around where we should be with the quality, which is bottom half really. I just really don't understand this narrative that people are desperate to paint Dyche with, let's say you're right though and I'll go back to my original point, who do you realistically replace him with that you think would do better? There's not a manager in the world who'd consider coming to Everton that would have this team much better at all, the club is in a shambles. I think Poch is a world class manager, I also think Potter is very good, look at the state Chelsea are in with them though, goes to show that even the best managers can't do it when their clubs are in crisis, what makes you think anyone else could come in here and do better than Dyche is this season?

He's doing a good job ffs
Maybe not you, but there are plenty of his lovers who think taking a team with 2 points from safety and keeping it by the skin of his teeth was the biggest miracle in the world.

He's a poor manager but is doing the bare minimum so far, thank God for that and let's hope he'll keep us alive with a little help from the absolutely atrocious bottom 3 sides.

Was reactive to losing Woods/desperation deadline day though wasn't it?

Can't recall who got injured for Newcastle, but it prompted them to activate Woods release fee. Burnley were never expecting to lose him. They'd have kept him if they could. It was as big a loss to them as us not having Calvert-Lewin. Woods hit double figures every full season for them.

Burnley went down because they drew too many games/14 - he'd have tipped a few of them results as he did for 3/4 years before IMO. Nice one Geordies!

Yes but he was still the replacement for Wood that Dyche selected.

The reason we suffered so much from losing DCL was because the replacement/backup we bought for him was so poor. Same with Burnley and Wood. It shouldn’t be hard to replace a completely bang average Premier League lump like Chris Wood, but Burnley managed to make it look hard.

As much as I hate to say it but Dyche is about the sum of our abilities right now. Not where I thought we'd be 7 years ago.

In a nutshell really. 6 or 7 years ago if you had asked any Everton fan if they wanted burnleys sean dyche at everton im guessing around 90% would have said eff off.
But we've fallen so much since and been ran so poorly that we are almost the perfect fit now for dyche. 6 or 7 years ago we were the club who were fighting for european qualification. We're now the club fighting relegation.

The reason we suffered so much from losing DCL was because the replacement/backup we bought for him was so poor. Same with Burnley and Wood. It shouldn’t be hard to replace a completely bang average Premier League lump like Chris Wood, but Burnley managed to make it look hard.
Mmmmm Salomon Rondon.

I can't ride Dyche too hard on the DCL back up issue, Beto and Chermiti don't look convincing at the moment but they're both v early in their Everton careers. He was given sod all last season.

He never had a ringing endorsement from Dyche to be fair - he put him on their scouts and you assume, downplaying the reactive desperation of it.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche said: "Wout is a player that our scouts have been strong on for some time and we feel that he can add to all that we do at Burnley Football Club.

"His signing is a continued show of the club's and team's development. We wish Wout well as he earns the right to push our group forwards."

Burnley replacing a striker who hit double figures for 3 or 4 seasons on the bounce for them with a week or two in January was an impossible ask, IMO. We've tried to find a striker to do that since Lukaku left.

I've said it a few times over the last couple of years that in my opinion, Burnley losing him that January was a massive factor in them going down and us staying up.

He never had a ringing endorsement from Dyche to be fair - he put him on their scouts and you assume, downplaying the reactive desperation of it.

Burnley replacing a striker who hit double figures for 3 or 4 seasons on the bounce for them with a week or two in January was an impossible ask, IMO. We've tried to find a striker to do that since Lukaku left.

I've said it a few times over the last couple of years that in my opinion, Burnley losing him that January was a massive factor in them going down and us staying up.

We mustn’t forget though that they had Wood for the first half of that season and he scored a whopping 3 goals in 17 games, so maybe he wasn’t going to single handedly save them.

We mustn’t forget though that they had Wood for the first half of that season and he scored a whopping 3 goals in 17 games, so maybe he wasn’t going to single handedly save them.

1699283803488.webp

He's a striker who can score goals in the Prem. He's at Nottingham Forest now, scored 3 league goals so far this season - as many as any of our lot. They're not easy to find, especially if you're Burnley with 2 weeks to go in January.

Tbf weghorsts goal stats prior were excellent in dutch football and the bundesliga.
He was pants in England though.

In fairness he also took them to Europe. Fact is Burnley are simply not a PL standard club, getting relegated with them shouldn't be the be-all-end-all of any manager. If you use that as a reason to say Dyche is a bad manager or did a bad job at Burnley then that's simply dishonest, he did very well for them consistently. I'm sure Newcastle fans weren't arsed about Howe taking Bournemouth down when he got them top 4 last year, same with West Ham fans winning a European trophy after Moyes took Sunderland down.

When you manage small clubs that spend most of their time in the Championship it shouldn't be a shock when they inevitably get relegated, that's why Brentford and Brighton get so much praise because they're bucking the trend and actually doing really well, they're the exceptions to the rule.
100% agree.
Brentford and Brighton are a bad season away from returning the championship. Plenty of teams come up and look like they are here to stay, Wigan and stoke all look comfortable.
Dyche did well at Burnley, was unlucky to get sacked. Relegations are going to happen to manager if they have a long career anywhere but the upper echelons of the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back