Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw I don't mind Dyche being our manager at this stage of Evertons history and whilst I'm not warm about him I don't think that's a necessary part of his job description. I never liked Pienaar as a person for example but i loved watching him get the job done. Get the results and I'll be happy. It's a mixed bag so far but there are positives.

Massive cognitive dissonance going on in this thread acting as though Dyche is a horrible manager somehow holding us down. Have people really watched us since Ancelotti left and come to the conclusion that somehow Dyche is the issue with this team being poor and not the fact that we've got a mostly awful paper thin squad? I actually like some of our players and think they're decent but any praise given is in the guise that "decent" is "not relegation standard".

We are where we are because we deserve it but this is the first manager in years to objectively get a tune out of the squad. I challenge anyone to suggest a better manager that would come to us and get more out of the squad. The shouts for Potter and them are ridiculous, obviously he's a better manager than Dyche but there are genuinely 15 better clubs to go to in this league for any manager, why would he come here? That goes for anyone. We have absolutely nothing to offer a manager at the moment and Dyche is getting results, one way or the other. His job is to keep us up and he'll do that, what more are people expecting?

I know we as fans have high hopes and all that but we're truly an awful prospect for any manager at the moment, that'll hopefully change with the new owners, stadium and young squad growing in quality but these things will take time. The fact of the matter is we are lucky to be in this league at the minute and everyone knows it. We're a bad team already, changing the manager will frankly only make us worse. Getting Dyche is arguably one of just a few of Moshiri's decisions that was actually the right one for where we are.
Thank you for this.

So refreshing reading measured posts like this instead of the usual chimp banging on the keyboard drivel you often see. As you say, the belief that we have got an ultra talented squad just waiting to be unleashed is laughable. The squad has some quality but is paper thin and also contains lots of relegation standard footballers. Dyche isn't perfect, but it's horses for courses and he's doing a good job.

What is very funny about all this is that I still have no idea what's going on...(and people are allowed to laugh at me--I'm slow here), but I guess I thought Thumb was referring to a GOT member here.
It was, but hes changed his avatar now and left the forum, due to him feeling a bit picked on, so I wont expand on it.

The aforementioned chap was quite relentless with the stats comparing Lampard, Dyche and the kopite.

Happy to admit that Dyche is miles better than the other 2. Our recent good run of form means the stats currently shine kindly on him.

Or can we name the Lampard hating Everton fans, self loathing angry at Frank like a bitter ex members of the community please so we know who to send tissues to? It's Direct Dyche time, let's move forwards.
Happy to go down in the Lampard hating camp. He was dog poo before he came here, he was dog poo while he was here and he will remain dog poo in the future.

As a player, he was a decent midfielder who had some good players around him. He was good enough to play at that level and win a lot of trophies. The benchmark for a successful playing career. Winning a few football matches as a manager is the benchmark for a good manager. He's won 81 games in 196 games with 44 coming in his first spell with Chelsea when he inherited a good squad. He's overrated and a busted flush as a manager yet he has somehow conned Chelsea twice and us once that he knows what he is doing.

Seems like the football world has woken up to his real ability as a manager as he hasn't had another job since the ridiculous caretaker role at Chelsea. He's destined for Div 1, at best. Maybe he can learn the trade down the leagues if the primadonna will lower himself.

Happy to go down in the Lampard hating camp. He was dog poo before he came here, he was dog poo while he was here and he will remain dog poo in the future.

As a player, he was a decent midfielder who had some good players around him. He was good enough to play at that level and win a lot of trophies. The benchmark for a successful playing career. Winning a few football matches as a manager is the benchmark for a good manager. He's won 81 games in 196 games with 44 coming in his first spell with Chelsea when he inherited a good squad. He's overrated and a busted flush as a manager yet he has somehow conned Chelsea twice and us once that he knows what he is doing.

Seems like the football world has woken up to his real ability as a manager as he hasn't had another job since the ridiculous caretaker role at Chelsea. He's destined for Div 1, at best. Maybe he can learn the trade down the leagues if the primadonna will lower himself.
At least you owned it from day one and didn't turn on him after being overjoyed with him for keeping us up. Respect for that. I think Dyche is definitely the best manager we've had since Anchelotti and the task at hand to rebuild our club from the wastefulness of the last few years won't be easy.

Even so, you read many people saying that Barça does not generate anything in attack. This is without taking into account that clubs like Leverkusen or Girona are allowed to play with much more space, for Barça in most games they put the entire eleven in the area.

*Spanish

There's the joke..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back