Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen enough this season to say that Dyche is absolutely the right man for us. I know a lot don’t like him or want him out but for me this is the most I’ve enjoyed an Everton team in a while and it’s down to him. Looking at yesterday that Brighton side should’ve absolutely wiped the floor with us and would’ve under many of our previous managers, but they needed a fluke goal to get a draw.

Do I think that it was a great watch, of course not but it was effective and almost got us 3 points when I think most of us would’ve predicted a loss. Dyche and Ancelotti are probably the only 2 managers that were better than the squad they have, the players are leaving them down, not the tactics. Dyche got it spot on yet again yesterday but had no quality on the bench really, any sub he could’ve made at 60 minutes would’ve made the team far weaker in certain areas.

We needed a replacement in midfield, there wasn’t a player on the bench for it and we really needed Young replaced too but as shown even when he briefly came on Mitoma would’ve ate Patterson alive if he had more than 10 minutes, and I like Patterson.

Not having people writing off a manger when it’s the first time in half a decade that he’s actually getting a tune out of poor players. Dyche and the new ownership won’t be ideal for us and where we want to be of course but they’ll develop stability at the football club that maybe a few years into BMD we’re not constantly in crisis and can actually build a foundation again.

Every game at home we don't win is points lost. Sooner we get to that mentality, the better.

After 11 games last season we had 10 points.

After 11 games this season we have 11 points.
Unless 2 of the bottom 4 improve a lot or we get a points deduction, we should hopefully be pretty comfortable. High 20’s or low 30’s might be enough this season to stay up, staying at a point a game will definitely do it.

ATM he is the right man for us in our circumstances - I can't see his contract being renewed .... as it's pure hoof ball ....

I'd like him to be the right man, regardless of current circumstances.

To be that, he needs to stop being so negative at home.

I called it pragmatic last season, but with the 11 he has now, and pressure off - I'm calling it negative this season.

"It's definitely a point gained, they're a good outfit".

Everton can't play counter attacking football at Goodison.

Every game at home we don't win is points lost. Sooner we get to that mentality, the better.

After 11 games last season we had 10 points.

After 11 games this season we have 11 points.
I think this is a really important part. While we can say our away form has improved, Goodison was for many a year a fortress so to speak.

Off the top of my head, we have approximately fourteen more home games this season. If we were to win half of those, that would be a minimum of 21 points.

That would put on 32 points, which I think this year will likely be around the number needed for survival before factoring in any draws at home, and any away.

I know its ifs and buts and fine margins and all that, but if we'd took the two points yesterday and just one of Luton, Fulham or Wolves we'd be 9th!

I think this is a really important part. While we can say our away form has improved, Goodison was for many a year a fortress so to speak.

Off the top of my head, we have approximately fourteen more home games this season. If we were to win half of those, that would be a minimum of 21 points.

That would put on 32 points, which I think this year will likely be around the number needed for survival before factoring in any draws at home, and any away.
The problem is, we have lost ALL the easy home games already and we have mostly tough games left.

Not true, exactly. We've still got some decent fixtures left, but I think we're improving and Goodison was once enough to beat even the top teams.
Play like yesterday, against good teams, and we will take a serious hammering. Imagine Brighton yesterday with actual good players. Dear god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back