Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody that says we aren't better under Dyche is living under a cloud.....

I've seen possession being bandied about as if it's the be all and end all. We had more shots on target than Brighton yesterday..... That's a fact.

Would I love us to be able to hold the ball and pass it for the sake of passing, we had that towards the tailend of Martinez and if memory serves me right it was horrific.....

Everton are always best when we are in your face, full bloodied tackles, crosses into the box and horrible to play against.
The possession means next to nothing. We play purposeful footy under Dyche and he takes a lot of risks. If anything we tend to lack the ball because we are actually being productive with it and trying to create chances. We aren’t playing tiki take crap and wasting 30 minutes doing f all on the edge of the box.

You know, the timescale topic is moot since he has had more time than the likes of Poch and Big Ange do... This is Everton, we can't keep blaming the last two years.
I don't see how you can assess any situation correctly and claim all factors are 'moot'. He's not even a year in. Poch also needs time starting from a better place than Dyche and we will see how long the aussies luck holds, they've been very lucky in more than a few games

Is this the same Branthwaite who came forward, made an interception and was thus pivotal in DCL's winner against West Ham?
indeed, but are you telling me that you don’t see the difference between the amount of time the Brighton centre half’s are in possession and influencing / dictating the flow of the game, compared to Everton’s centre half’s?

indeed, but are you telling me that you don’t see the difference between the amount of time the Brighton centre half’s are in possession and influencing / dictating the flow of the game, compared to Everton’s centre half’s?

Brighton set traps beginning from the defence. They want you to press them higher.

I don't see how you can assess any situation correctly and claim all factors are 'moot'. He's not even a year in. Poch also needs time starting from a better place than Dyche and we will see how long the aussies luck holds, they've been very lucky in more than a few games
If the problems are not 'moot', give something material and verbalise on details. None of the other teams have had a better starting schedule than ours did, and we completely threw it out the window. Now we are trying to snatch them from better teams. We should have got Tim Cahill on our staff before the start of the season then. lol

I’ve said it before but Dyche is a psychological manager. He wants his players to feel like they accomplished something after the game. For all of the smarmy XG crap he bands about, he does it to motivate his players.

It’s why the players haven’t turned on Dyche and they’ve turned on almost every other guy we have had in recent memory. He has a goal in mind but allows them to do it there own way where the likes of Silva and others had a strict philosophy that you had to follow to the letter. Players have more freedom to just play.

I didn't see any Brighton players "dictate" much at all tbh, they were so lacking in creativity than they had to sub off their highly rated young out and out striker and bring on one with a bit more skill and movement who might make his own luck.

If the problems are not 'moot', give something material and verbalise on details. None of the other teams have had a better starting schedule than ours did, and we completely threw it out the window. Now we are trying to snatch them from better teams. We should have got Tim Cahill on our staff before the start of the season then. lol
We started from a position of two last day relegation fights, we have to sell to buy or wait until late in the window when teams will accept structured payments, we have an unbalanced squad with bloated contracts that are nightmare to move on from previous regimes, we have just sacked the entire board and had a failed takeover thanks to bills cronies and now another lingering takover starts. We've been a bottom 5 club for two seasons, poch and the aussie don't start from that position, we have less money to spend than them and the new management is not yet a season old.

We have shown an upward curve under this management in pretty much any format you want to talk about. Do you reallt think any performance below the level of the team currently top is inacceptable and that ithas to happen instantly, as in your words, timescales are moot.

I didn't see any Brighton players "dictate" much at all tbh, they were so lacking in creativity than they had to sub off their highly rated young out and out striker and bring on one with a bit more skill and movement who might make his own luck.
They had 80 % possession and were camped in our half most of the game, I’d say that’s dictating

Pickford had very little to do, unless they create chances and score goals then possession as a stat is nothing more than vanity.
The only caveat I will add against this is the players obviously had tired after a while and Brighton did start to threaten more, but for the most part Pickford was pretty carefree. Players probably should have been subbed but hindsight and all that. We were very solid and then the deflection happened

Reactions: SJB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back