Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought garner played well. Seemed to be everywhere in the first half - tired late on but there were no midfielders on the bench.
Dyche could have brought Patterson on for Harrison at 65 mins - maybe preserved the lead with Young/Patterson doubling up on Mitomo who was their only real thorn in our defence's side.

Yet the Brighton centre halves had much more possession, more touches of the ball, didn’t spend the whole game defending. Were pivotal in building up passages of play, in fact to an extent dictated the flow and passage of the game.
Now Branthwaite will never be allowed to play in that manner under Dyche. Even if he’s got all the potential to be excellent at it.
That’s means, to me, he’s not going to reach his full potential as a football player under Dyche.

He won't reach his full potential at Everton no matter who the manager is.

Yet the Brighton centre halves had much more possession, more touches of the ball, didn’t spend the whole game defending. Were pivotal in building up passages of play, in fact to an extent dictated the flow and passage of the game.
Now Branthwaite will never be allowed to play in that manner under Dyche. Even if he’s got all the potential to be excellent at it.
That’s means, to me, he’s not going to reach his full potential as a football player under Dyche.
I guess he will never reach the dizzy heights of lewis dunk then....

Brainthwaite will be a top player, if he wants to be a champions league player he will; have to go to a champions league club and probably will. I would suggest he will look back on his Everton years as vital and informative ones.

If your critique of Dyche is that he isn't playing like a top team a few months after a last day relagation survival the its a bizarre one and most likely laced with preconceptions. Unless you are in the very elite your best players will always leave and sometimes develop further elsewhere. It doesn't alter the factor they have made vital strides where they are currently (which you started off by denying)

I guess he will never reach the dizzy heights of lewis dunk then....

Brainthwaite will be a top player, if he wants to be a champions league player he will; have to go to a champions league club and probably will. I would suggest he will look back on his Everton years as vital and informative ones.

If your critique of Dyche is that he isn't playing like a top team a few months after a last day relagation survival the its a bizarre one and most likely laced with preconceptions. Unless you are in the very elite your best players will always leave and sometimes develop further elsewhere. It doesn't alter the factor they have made vital strides where they are currently (which you started off by denying)
Ok mate, you are always correct.
I’ve just watched a video of Dyche put up on this thread saying he wants to play “Direct” football, doesn’t believe in the centre half’s having possession for any length of time, wants to get the ball up to the final 1/3 as quick as possible.
I’m saying that is going to be detrimental to the development of young, talented players like Branthwaite etc.

Get the ball forward as a possession philopsophy, sounds similar to me. I see Onana and Garner collecting the ball and moving it forward regulary this season.
Not in the game I'm seeing. For whatever reason, our wingers play inside forwards who don't pass back or receive them in dangerous areas which is what Scholes is saying there. Garner and Onana often look at people like McNeil and ponder what he is doing in midfield aaandddd why doesn't he pass back.

Not in the game I'm seeing. For whatever reason, our wingers play inside forwards who don't pass back or receive them in dangerous areas which is what Scholes is saying there. Garner and Onana often look at people like McNeil and ponder what he is doing in midfield aaandddd why doesn't he pass back.
All attacking stats have increased and with Onana especially in midfield, and Brainthwaite behind him I am seeing more forward passes. Lots of improvement still needed but some of that can only come with personelchanges which will take time given our financial situation.

All attacking stats have increased and with Onana especially in midfield, and Brainthwaite behind him I am seeing more forward passes. Lots of improvement still needed but some of that can only come with personelchanges which will take time given our financial situation.
Hmmm... I understand but don't agree. This team is almost assembled by either Dyche or Thelwell, so the football being played can be critiqued as it necessitates.

No doubt, but you have to factor in the situation at the beginning of his taking over and the timescale since.
You know, the timescale topic is moot since he has had more time than the likes of Poch and Big Ange do... This is Everton, we can't keep blaming the last two years.

Is this the same Branthwaite who came forward, made an interception and was thus pivotal in DCL's winner against West Ham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back