Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah mate, dont agree. Particularly on Branthwaite, he's grown and growing even since last year actually when you go back in time - loan move was good for him (well done Ken) and think Patterson needs similar - Dyche is very adept at developing centre backs, if you look at his track record.
Perhaps at making them decent defenders, when in Branthwaite you could have an excellent football player

That's because we absolutely, 100%, do not practice passing out in training. I'd say we practice shape/defensive positioning and that's about it.

Said it in the match thread but we played like a League 1 team away to a prem club in the FA Cup. If Dunks goal stood we lose that game probably 7 or 8 times out of ten. That Brighton team is not one we should be fearing or giving up 80% possession to at home. There has to be some sort of plan of imposing ourselves on teams, not just hoping to nick goals on the counter or set pieces. People saying Brighton were lucky yesterday I think we were the lucky ones our goal was about as spawny as theirs but they had a plan to try and win. We were trying to not lose.

Jeez the clappers still clapping away...Brighton havent won in 6 in the prem i think? They are not prime City or Arsenal...The only thing I give credit to Dyche for is sorting out Lewin. Hes a relic , no plan B. His idea of defence against set pieces its totally bizarre. Yet another goal scored against us yesterday from a set piece (albeit disallowed) It was their biggest player ffs and completely free. Careful what you wish for and best we can do in the circumstances bollix still getting spouted. And another load of bollix hes bringing players along garbage?

What game were you watching? Rinsed is Bale vs Maicon. Thought Mitoma was their best player by a mile and Young did a decent enough job, for a 38 year old has been 😉
Young did a lot better than I expected, had a bet on him to get booked. I was expecting Mitoma to run at him all day, but 9/10 times he ended up checking back and going inside.

No ones kicked on.

Okay all those ones have kicked but that was just natural.

Some utterly abysmal takes in here
I’ll try to put it as simply as I can. Dyche is all about the team, all the players sacrifice themselves for the team. Ok that has benefits you get a hard working team. But, there’s a trade off, you trade off your individuality as a football player. Now as a developing player it’s a double sided sword, sure your developing your team ethic, work rate etc, but you’re not developing yourself individually as a footballer. For example, Branthwaite will become a better, more experienced defender under Dyche, but he will not become a better footballer.

Honestly still well and truly baffled by his 91st minute Patterson substitution. Almost like he was rubbing the fans' faces in it and mocking them.

Genuinely, my only gripe with Dyche at the moment is the Ashley Young thing. To my eyes Patterson has been at least as good as Young when he's got game time, that being the case surely it's better that we let a younger player develop than it is a 38 year old get all this game time?

I'm not seeing what Young gives us that Patterson hasn't. Tbf to Dyche, he's dropped Gueye and has a youthful midfield duo he's building the team around and there's Branthwaite at the back now too, so I don't think it's necessarily trusting older players over younger ones. This particular decision baffles me a bit.

The subs thing that people are moaning about - generally speaking he doesn't make subs as often as other managers unless we are losing. I don't have a problem with that particularly. I did think that Gueye in particular looked shattered with about 10 mins to go yesterday, but the Onana injury meant that there was no viable sub we could make that wouldn't have severely weakened us, so I sort of get it. Looking at the bench, there was no substitution he could have made (in my mind) other than Patterson for Young (see above) that wouldn't have actually made the team on the pitch worse, so I'd probably give him a pass here.

At first I was ok with him. Then annoyed about his use of Onana.

Then more annoyed when Branthwaite didnt start the season.

Were now seeing how good those two are and hes brought on Mykolenko well also.

But the whole Young starting every game over Patterson who at worst has been better than him anyway is the one annoyance i have with team selection.

Good morning Evertonians. I bring you this.

Seems pretty in tune with the culture of the club and how to play the game.

Just might take a little time. Perhaps the most entitled and pissy pants will try sabotage another Everton manager as they want it right now, but they’re just big sillies aren’t they.

He can come across well and hes showing in the interview that hes taking advice well too.

Now someone just needs to advise him hes allowed to make early subs and not pick dreadful players to start games.

Id be very happy if he was manager in the new stadium but hes got to learn from his mistakes and get us 10-12th this season.

I don't think it's mocking, yet rather perhaps he was begrudgingly admitting that their left was a threat and another goal would more likely come down there.

Apart from a few light runs, he didn't have Beto and Patterson out to warm up properly until late on, so for most of the 2nd half those changes weren't his intention.

Before that, it was Dobbin, Keane and Godfrey warming up and they then went back to sit down, so the evidence clearly suggest he was likely trying to stick it out.

If it had worked, he would have probably smugly patted himself on the back, but their goal changed all that.

But why even want the 11 on the pitch for the whole 90mins?

It's rather like watching Burnley, loads of effort undeniably, but, I don't see much to like, other than the fact that we may well not be involved in the relegation fight at the end of the season. I accept that Dyche is probably as good as anyone else we could attract in our current predicament and I am not saying I want him sacked, but, saying I enjoy watching us play under Dyche is just too much of a stretch.

He'll keep at this until we increase the player quality and gradually improve the play...thats what ive taken from his interviews.

But why even want the 11 on the pitch for the whole 90mins?
He's notorious for not wanting changes. I'll have a peruse, but I mentioned it soon after he came that he was known at Burnley for not making many subs.

And when they are, it's typically at the set eighty-plus mark. His mentality is - I trust the XI I put out, so why change it?

I’ll try to put it as simply as I can. Dyche is all about the team, all the players sacrifice themselves for the team. Ok that has benefits you get a hard working team. But, there’s a trade off, you trade off your individuality as a football player. Now as a developing player it’s a double sided sword, sure your developing your team ethic, work rate etc, but you’re not developing yourself individually as a footballer. For example, Branthwaite will become a better, more experienced defender under Dyche, but he will not become a better footballer.
This is little more than paradoxical nonsense Calv, you are watching with both eyes closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back