Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is essentially what success looks like in modern football without a human rights abusing owner. A sad state of affairs
Is about having ambition and we need owners and football people who have that ambition, it may take time, but look at villa, not saying they will win the league or even get champions league football anytime soon, but they’re acting like a big club.

A certain person eroded our ambition and now a lot of fans see the moyes days as the holy grail

So another 11yrs of scrapping around 7th and 8th and no trophies. Great can’t wait
You know what I mean, he can stabilise us, stop us being in relegation battles and bring the team together with proper spirit

My feeling is Dyche is more ruthless than Moyes and could actually see us over the line in a cup but honestly, I’d take a couple of seasons of 7th and 8th place in the short term after what we’ve seen recently… though not 11 years of no trophies obviously but the short term stability would be very welcome

11 years?

It's going to be like this forever. We need to get used to that

Nobody on here will ever see us lift another league trophy.
If kenwright was alive he’d be punching the air. That’s rubbish, a lot of Newcastle fans probably thought the same for the majority of the last 20yrs. Things can change quickly in football, we don’t know what will happen in the future, hopefully the ground will help us move forward

Is about having ambition and we need owners and football people who have that ambition, it may take time, but look at villa, not saying they will win the league or even get champions league football anytime soon, but they’re acting like a big club.

A certain person eroded our ambition and now a lot of fans see the moyes days as the holy grail
That is sort of my point, people are lauding Villa and Brighton as a huge success story when they are basically europa league teams without a trophy.

Both play good footy with good managers, but it really highlights how uncompetitive the sport has become.

Agree 100% on that certain person, he is a big reason why we are on the outside of the elite looking in.

You know what I mean, he can stabilise us, stop us being in relegation battles and bring the team together with proper spirit

My feeling is Dyche is more ruthless than Moyes and could actually see us over the line in a cup but honestly, I’d take a couple of seasons of 7th and 8th place in the short term after what we’ve seen recently… though not 11 years of no trophies obviously but the short term stability would be very welcome
Dyche won’t change his style or who he buys. You can only go so far with hard working players. Beto is a perfect dyche signing. Big, strong, fast. But technically limited

If kenwright was alive he’d be punching the air. That’s rubbish, a lot of Newcastle fans probably thought the same for the majority of the last 20yrs. Things can change quickly in football, we don’t know what will happen in the future, hopefully the ground will help us move forward
I don't think its rubbish at all. The game has changed.

Newcastle are still miles away and will probably continue to be so.

So we are left with selling our soul to some dictatorship or hoping for a fluke like Leicester who then got swatted back down into their place by the big boys coming in and taking all their players.

Boss.

That is sort of my point, people are lauding Villa and Brighton as a huge success story when they are basically europa league teams without a trophy
I believe Brighton just sold a couple of hundred Million £ of talent and are looking like bringing more through.
Villa may well be in the Champions League next season.

I believe Brighton just sold a couple of hundred Million £ of talent and are looking like bringing more through.
Villa may well be in the Champions League next season.
Brighton may very well continue to do that whilst winning nothing and basically spinning their wheels for years until one year the next players coming through don't quite hit the mark and then they will be right back to where they came from. It's grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back