Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton had a good season last season, have a decent manager, and have sold some players for big numbers but it’s been one good season. The rest of the time they’ve been battling in the bottom half. It’s a huge jump for them to move to winning even one trophy never mind establishing themselves as a powerhouse of the game.

Well said. It's been doing my head in this stuff about the 'Brighton model.' Yes, they've done well, but as you say it's only been a couple of seasons.

A few seasons ago, our fans were saying exactly the same thing. only then, it was the Leicester model everybody was saying we should follow. Leicester's incredible PL success came on the back of good recruitment, not a buy to sell policy. the buy to sell, constant turnover 'model' they used after that has not exactly served them brilliantly long term, has it?

Everybody was raving about the Wolves set-up at one point too.

Brighton have bought good players, and appointed good managers, why this is seen as some sort of revolutionary thing, i don't know. It's been the major factor in success or failure in football for many a moon. One thing I'm certain of though; is that if they keep flogging their best players, sooner or later they will come a cropper.

Brighton might prove me wrong, and be a force for the next decade or so, but I've yet to see anything that suggests they can ever get near the big boys, certainly on a consistent basis.

Then why did he buy Defour and Cornet? They don’t fit Dycheball but he wanted to switch it up and have different options.

A lot of managers get bad reps because they play a certain way to grind results. Same with Moyes to be fair, we can’t say it was all terrible football when we had Arteta, Pienaar, Baines doing bits… but then of course there was a time Allardyce had Okocha and Djourkaeff and he played the worst Everton football I’ve ever seen so who knows what’ll happen
Defour from what I remember was a hardworking player. Also he was like 28 when he went to Burnley and had spent his whole career in the Belgium and Portuguese leagues. And cost 8 mill.

And cornet was another player who had been talked about for a long time as a player with talent. But again nobody had really taken a chance on him and he was 25 and was about 12mil. Dyche also left him out quite a bit and played him as a striker as well left wing. When he’d played as a left back, left wing back and left wing.

If that’s it in 10yrs it’s hardly proof that dyche will buy flair players

Erm no? It'll show him in line with our other striker. A.K.A. "two big lads up top" unless you're calling Dom an attacking midfielder with an engine to get back as well.
That would make McNeil also a striker, a lot of the time he's ahead of both of them, mad that Dyche is playing 424.

I’ll be amazed if Villa become a consistent CL qualifying team. Emery is a good manager and they’ve had a lot of money thrown at that squad but if FFP stays in place they basically have to make it this year or it will be selling players time for 3 years.

Brighton had a good season last season, have a decent manager, and have sold some players for big numbers but it’s been one good season. The rest of the time they’ve been battling in the bottom half. It’s a huge jump for them to move to winning even one trophy never mind establishing themselves as a powerhouse of the game.

Brighton could put all the talent De Zerbi has with all their hidden gems the recruitment team find into winning the europa league and will still probably find that an unarsed Klopp or Ten Hag will probably win it playing their B teams all the way up until the final.

These top 6 clubs are now so big that it’s almost impossible for them to fail. Everything is set up for their advantage from FFP to commercial deals to wage bills to the fixture list, everything. Chelsea can finish mid table and top players across Europe are queueing up to join them, United can be rubbish for best part of a decade and can still attract pretty much any player they want. Spurs can buy our best player at a decent rate and then just shove him on the bench. They are nuclear powers in a league where everyone else is operating a catapult.

I know im replying to foreverblue or whatever username you are on certain days.
They only really started changing in 2020 with the appointment of graham potter from the awful chris hughton. I find it amazing any Everton fan trying to shoot holes in what brighton have been trying to do. They recruit brilliantly. They play great football and they've set themselves a great model to better themselves. Since getting rid of the negative hughton have appointed two managers who they believe can progress the clubs football to a better level. And your criticism is that they have only improved for a season or two. At least they are going about it in the right way as opposed to Everton who have made a pigs ear of everything for about the past 7 odd years. Wether they can succeed as their players get cherry picked is another matter As an Everton fan i wouldnt have the audacity to look at Brighton and try and shoot holes in what they are doing. You sound very bitter.

I know im replying to foreverblue or whatever username you are on certain days.
They only really started changing in 2020 with the appointment of graham potter from the awful chris hughton. I find it amazing any Everton fan trying to shoot holes in what brighton have been trying to do. They recruit brilliantly. They play great football and they've set themselves a great model to better themselves. Since getting rid of the negative hughton have appointed two managers who they believe can progress the clubs football to a better level. And your criticism is that they have only improved for a season or two. At least they are going about it in the right way as opposed to Everton who have made a pigs ear of everything for about the past 7 odd years. Wether they can succeed as their players get cherry picked is another matter As an Everton fan i wouldnt have the audacity to look at Brighton and try and shoot holes in what they are doing. You sound very bitter.

Low blow calling him Foreverblue that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back