Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
mate if you think Doucs is a striker I am seriously worried about you and might need you to stick to your anime shows.
0*XQeO5jjFxAV1lQP8.jpeg

But you will see a lot of situations when doucoure is up alongside DCL. And then will drop back. I’m sure one of Burnley’s two forwards was dropping back into midfield
Yes, if you watch Dyche’s 442 tactical masterclass video he describes exactly that. So it's not unreasonable to assume that's what he's got Doucoure doing.

Edit: vid here if anyone is interested/wants to here his sexy voice*

*according to @Bohemian Toffee

mate if you think Doucs is a striker I am seriously worried about you and might need you to stick to your anime shows.
I think he's more forward than midfield, personally.

I have no dog in this fight.

He does drop deeper than a Striker at times and often does play in midfield, but I think he mostly plays as a forward.

He

He does drop deeper than a Striker at times and often does play I'm midfield, but I think he mostly plays as a forward.
He’s a very poor midfielder, playing as a 10 gets him into goal scoring situations, which is probably his second best trait after fitness

He does drop deeper than a Striker at times and often does play in midfield, but I think he mostly plays as a forward.
He is an attacking midfielder who so happens to play box to box. Doucs is actually quite a unique player because he has the lungs of a Horse. However to call him a striker is absolutely madness.

He is an attacking midfielder who so happens to play box to box. Doucs is actually quite a unique player because he has the lungs of a Horse. However to call him a striker is absolutely madness.
A lot of the time he does play alongside Dom.

But yes, unique would be the best way to describe him.

Think the ‘tacticos’ and footy virgins and Twitter have proper rotted fans brains.
Far more goes into management than drawing tactics and formations up like.

This notion that he’s some pub manager and only knows how to play long balls to big lads up top is quite embarrassing really, says more about the poster rather than Dyche.

Dyche basically turned Danny Ings, Kieran Trippier, Nick Pope and Michael Keane into England internationals, with caps for Tarky and even Jack Cork once 🤣 - that’s mega coming from a relatively ‘small’ team now.

He’s gonna turn Jarred Brainthwaite into a top, top centre half and there’ll be more to come.

I understand your frustration in not being where you want to be and having been at the wrong half of the PL table for a few years but let the man sort the culture out and then you can build from there.

He has more or less walked into a bit of a basket case, I can only imagine what it’s like behind the scenes and now Kenwright (god rest his soul) has gone, pending take over then it’s probably even more mad than normal!

Not trying to be a know all or anything, sometimes it’s nice getting perspective from a fan of a different club. I’m just happy for a bloke that set us up for years and years in to the future getting his chance at a big club. 🫡

Think the ‘tacticos’ and footy virgins and Twitter have proper rotted fans brains.

This notion that he’s some pub manager and only knows how to play long balls to big lads up top is quite embarrassing really, says more about the poster rather than Dyche.

Dyche basically turned Danny Ings, Kieran Trippier, Nick Pope and Michael Keane into England internationals, with caps for Tarky and even Jack Cork once 🤣 - that’s mega coming from a relatively ‘small’ team now.

He’s gonna turn Jarred Brainthwaite into a top, top centre half and there’ll be more to come.

I understand your frustration in not being where you want to be and having been at the wrong half of the PL table for a few years but let the man sort the culture out and then you can build from there.

He has more or less walked into a bit of a basket case, I can only imagine what it’s like behind the scenes and now Kenwright (god rest his soul) has gone, pending take over then it’s probably even more mad than normal!

Not trying to be a know all or anything, sometimes it’s nice getting perspective from a fan of a different club. I’m just happy for a bloke that set us up for years and years in to the future getting his chance at a big club. 🫡
I do remember being genuinely surprised and happy you sacked Dyche that season because I thought it was the stupidest thing ever and I was proven right.

Have to say, I’ve been quite vocal against him because I don’t think he is good enough long term. Personally thought we should have learnt from the Lampard situation and told Dyche thanks for keeping us up but off you go.

However, he is starting to win me over. I’m not going to proclaim him the solution we need and it’s still early days, but I’m big enough to admit he has been doing a decent job recently.

Hopefully it continues and I hold my hands up that I was wrong.

I do really get frustrated by his in game management though, in particular his lack of subs when it’s evident they are needed.

We could win a treble and someone would complain that we didn't win the 4th trophy.

At some point he'll need to prove that he can manage a team that has the majority of possession in a match. We will move up the table, teams will sit back and defend and he'll need to be more flexible. We're not close to that time yet, however.

We could win a treble and someone would complain that we didn't win the 4th trophy.

At some point he'll need to prove that he can manage a team that has the majority of possession in a match. We will move up the table, teams will sit back and defend and he'll need to be more flexible. We're not close to that time yet, however.
That’s fair enough.

We showed that at times in the PL under his tenure.

What I will say and I do appreciate that it’s a division below but you don’t have two promotions in the Championship by being a team that plays counter attacking football every match - obviously influencing a game like that and playing on the front foot in the PL is significantly harder.

Have to say, I’ve been quite vocal against him because I don’t think he is good enough long term. Personally thought we should have learnt from the Lampard situation and told Dyche thanks for keeping us up but off you go.

However, he is starting to win me over. I’m not going to proclaim him the solution we need and it’s still early days, but I’m big enough to admit he has been doing a decent job recently.

Hopefully it continues and I hold my hands up that I was wrong.

I do really get frustrated by his in game management though, in particular his lack of subs when it’s evident they are needed.
I think is generally a take, there’s things he’s done which we’ve missed - basic organisation and team work

But I do take a great deal of joy in seeing people’s heads explode when I call him a crap dinosaur pub manager, then avoiding any realm of discussion when I throw data into the mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back