Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little reminder that Sean Dyche has lost 6 out of 11 PL games this season over half the games lost.

Played against Brighton like we was playing 1970s Brazil

Is averaging a point per game which we are on course for 38 points, that’s another relegation battle!

Not sure what you're getting at? As though people aren't aware of this?

It can be true that he has major limitations, is not the long term answer and that we are going to struggle this season, while at the same time also being true that we are seeing for the first time in a while we have a semblance of a plan with how we are playing, and that some of our early performances merited far more than what we got, as opposed to just getting hammered most weeks/not looking like getting anywhere.

We're showing signs of progress, it's just very slow and not at all pretty.

Not sure what you're getting at? As though people aren't aware of this?

It can be true that he has major limitations, is not the long term answer and that we are going to struggle this season, while at the same time also being true that we are seeing for the first time in a while we have a semblance of a plan with how we are playing, and that some of our early performances merited far more than what we got, as opposed to just getting hammered most weeks/not looking like getting anywhere.

We're showing signs of progress, it's just very slow and not at all pretty.
I thought the games against Brentford, Villa in the cup, Bournemouth, and Burnley in the cup were quite fun to watch.

West Ham was not a great game of football for the neutral to watch, but leaving London with three points was excellent.

The Brighton game was the third in six days. The runs forward got fewer and further between, and did not progress as far, as the match got past the hour mark. Some heavy legs out there.

I thought the games against Brentford, Villa in the cup, Bournemouth, and Burnley in the cup were quite fun to watch.

West Ham was not a great game of football for the neutral to watch, but leaving London with three points was excellent.

The Brighton game was the third in six days. The runs forward got fewer and further between, and did not progress as far, as the match got past the hour mark. Some heavy legs out there.

Yup. I'm not aiming the lack of stylish play as a criticism - I couldn't care less for the time being until we are on more solid ground.

Just seeing a lot of viewpoints that either we should be delighted with our points return and that Dyche has transformed us, or alternatively he's a total dinosaur.

The truth, as usual, is boring and somewhere in between.

Just a little reminder that Sean Dyche has lost 6 out of 11 PL games this season over half the games lost.

Played against Brighton like we was playing 1970s Brazil

Is averaging a point per game which we are on course for 38 points, that’s another relegation battle!
We can easily twist the stats and say W6 D1 L4 from our last 11 games in all comps or even W5 D1 L2 from our last 8 games in all comps or even W3 D1 L1 from last 5. Whatever sounds the best or worst.

Same as we have never beaten Carlisle in the league for 53 years (or ever)
or we have played Carlisle 7 times w 5 lost 2.

Epic twisting of stats. Easily done

Last edited:

Has done ok this season this set of fixtures now till jan is huge will show if he has got this team moving in the right direction. Also if we can add players in jan i would like see him use players off thr bench more

Think the ‘tacticos’ and footy virgins and Twitter have proper rotted fans brains.
Far more goes into management than drawing tactics and formations up like.

This notion that he’s some pub manager and only knows how to play long balls to big lads up top is quite embarrassing really, says more about the poster rather than Dyche.

Dyche basically turned Danny Ings, Kieran Trippier, Nick Pope and Michael Keane into England internationals, with caps for Tarky and even Jack Cork once 🤣 - that’s mega coming from a relatively ‘small’ team now.

He’s gonna turn Jarred Brainthwaite into a top, top centre half and there’ll be more to come.

I understand your frustration in not being where you want to be and having been at the wrong half of the PL table for a few years but let the man sort the culture out and then you can build from there.

He has more or less walked into a bit of a basket case, I can only imagine what it’s like behind the scenes and now Kenwright (god rest his soul) has gone, pending take over then it’s probably even more mad than normal!

Not trying to be a know all or anything, sometimes it’s nice getting perspective rom a fan of a different club. I’m just happy for a bloke that set us up for years and years in to the future getting his chance at a big club. 🫡

Why do you think he's using Ashley Young (awful pretty much every game) over Patterson ?

Why did he drop Onana for Gana a few weeks ago + 'luckily' Gana was injured in the warm up.

Does he have form for picking bad players every single match?

Looks like he cant pick an 11 and is indecisive with subs.

Have to say, I’ve been quite vocal against him because I don’t think he is good enough long term. Personally thought we should have learnt from the Lampard situation and told Dyche thanks for keeping us up but off you go.

However, he is starting to win me over. I’m not going to proclaim him the solution we need and it’s still early days, but I’m big enough to admit he has been doing a decent job recently.

Hopefully it continues and I hold my hands up that I was wrong.

I do really get frustrated by his in game management though, in particular his lack of subs when it’s evident they are needed.

Im the same.

I'm actually enjoying match days for the first time since Carlo, it may seem unambitious to those who both simultaneously demand titles and also insist lampard was doing a superb job, but its pretty much what I ask for from a social activity.

I feel engaged with this Everton team

I'm actually enjoying match days for the first time since Carlo, it may seem unambitious to those who both simultaneously demand titles and also insist lampard was doing a superb job, but its pretty much what I ask for from a social activity.

Can you point these people out? It seems like you’ve made them up in your head for some unknown reason. Obsessed.

Yep the style of play stuff - criticism is out there even if its the minority, im really enjoying watching us and how we are competing this season.

Last edited:
Yep the style of play stuff - criticism is out there even if its the minority, im really enjoying watching us and how we are competing this season.
It's pure hipster BS 'analysis'.

I've just had the misfortune to read an article on the awful Athletic called 'The Dyche Zone', about Everton using a deep free kick in our own half to launch it to the opposition penalty area more often than other teams do and questioning the effectiveness of it versus aesthetics.

FFS, anyone with two eyes in their head can see that we also have very decent players who can play football - and do play football - with passing play when the opportunity arises.

Everything has to be binary for these 'kin idiots. The world of football is not black and white. But every team and manger has to have a box to be placed in.

This whole story about Dele giving advice just sums up how poor Dyche is. Why wasn't Dyche teaching that from the start? Also embarrassing that Dyche felt the need to make such a big story about a private conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back