Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole story about Dele giving advice just sums up how poor Dyche is. Why wasn't Dyche teaching that from the start? Also embarrassing that Dyche felt the need to make such a big story about a private conversation.
Really don't see how this can be seen as a negative? o_O I'd rather the manager actually listen to the players and be open minded over potential improvements..

The way he's managed Dele, at least from the outside looking in, has been positive. You only have to look at/listen to DCL now to see how much Dyche has helped him with his rehabilitation.

This whole story about Dele giving advice just sums up how poor Dyche is. Why wasn't Dyche teaching that from the start? Also embarrassing that Dyche felt the need to make such a big story about a private conversation.
OR!
Dyche is the kind of manager who gives everyone a voice and the opportunity to put forward constructive ideas to make us better rather than being a ‘stuck in his ways dinosaur’ as some would have us believe.
ALSO
Dyche is trying to integrate Dele with the first team, build up his confidence and try and get him back to his best and sharing stories like this will cut out the ‘Dele doesn’t care about football, he’s done, he’ll never play again, the injuries are all a front’ stuff that I started hearing when Dyche stopped bringing him up for a while

Best bosses I have worked for have listened, checked in on people, and asked people for their thoughts on certain things

It's pure hipster BS 'analysis'.

I've just had the misfortune to read an article on the awful Athletic called 'The Dyche Zone', about Everton using a deep free kick in our own half to launch it to the opposition penalty area more often than other teams do and questioning the effectiveness of it versus aesthetics.

FFS, anyone with two eyes in their head can see that we also have very decent players who can play football - and do play football - with passing play when the opportunity arises.

Everything has to be binary for these 'kin idiots. The world of football is not black and white. But every team and manger has to have a box to be placed in.

I honestly read stuff and think to myself, they couldn't have watched the game.

You'd hope not anyway.

I honestly read stuff and think to myself, they couldn't have watched the game.

You'd hope not anyway.
What game?. The Brighton game?. Where we parked the bus against a bang average side at home. Where we didnt string 3 passes together and never looked like scoring bar a spawny deflected opener?. Dyche has won what, 8 league games out of 29 since he's been here and we've played no one of note this season yet apart from Arsenal who battered us all game and which Dyche I'm sure considered it a good result only losing 1 nil.

He's not above criticism and personally I think he's doing a mediocre job so far. We will not be under relegation pressure this season unless we get a points deduction because the teams that have come up are poor enough.

I think some of the difference in opinion comes from people thinking our players are crap and he's getting blood from a stone. I actually like our players, I think we've got a good spine of a team and could actually compete and impose ourselves on other teams if we weren't so negative.

What game?. The Brighton game?. Where we parked the bus against a bang average side at home. Where we didnt string 3 passes together and never looked like scoring bar a spawny deflected opener?. Dyche has won what, 8 league games out of 29 since he's been here and we've played no one of note this season yet apart from Arsenal who battered us all game and which Dyche I'm sure considered it a good result only losing 1 nil.

He's not above criticism and personally I think he's doing a mediocre job so far. We will not be under relegation pressure this season unless we get a points deduction because the teams that have come up are poor enough.

I think some of the difference in opinion comes from people thinking our players are crap and he's getting blood from a stone. I actually like our players, I think we've got a good spine of a team and could actually compete and impose ourselves on other teams if we weren't so negative.

Exactly pretty much stuff like this. There is a difference between parking the bus and playing on the counter, we attack with pace and intent. We by far had the better chances and far more shots and of the goals scored id leave at the readers discretion which of the teams involved goals was the most spawney. The reverse fixture last year were we went toe to toe was a tonking. I dont know how people can watch us and come up with some of the stuff being posted. We are actually competitive and giving teams something to think about again, most are enjoying this Everton team, they are honest, they are competing, they dont balk from a challenge - you yourself even acknowledge that. Thats the manager.

Two weeks ago people were wetting themselves over our fixture list and saying lets see how he does with tougher fixtures against WHU and Brighton - we've taken four points, now the goal posts changed and these are "bang average sides" - both in Europe by the way. The bar keeps getting higher for Dyche, but i think most see now what is entrenched preconceived opinion as opposed to objective analysis.

We've picked up 10 points in our last 6 now he has two first team strikers signed and fit with his other signings now fit and a team hes marginally built. I think its bananas given our last two seasons, that some are giving the manager pelters following our last two results and performances. I think its totally out there.

If you think the team is better then competing in the bottom ten, then you are just going to be disappointed one way or the other, whether that's fair though given the job of work that had to be done on the final whistle of the last game of the season last year - is a different story.

Last edited:
Exactly pretty much stuff like this. There is a difference between parking the bus and playing on the counter, we attack with pace and intent. We by far had the better chances and far more shots and of the goals scored id leave at the readers discretion which of the teams goals was was spawney. The reverse fixture last year were we went toe to toe was a tonking. I dont know how people can watch us and come up with some of the stuff being posted. We are actually competitive and giving teams soething to think about again, most are enjoying this Everton team, they are honest, they are competing, they dont balk from a challenge - you yourself even acknowledge that. Thats the manager.

Two weeks ago people were wetting themselves over our fixtures list and saying lets see how he does with tougher fixtures against WHU and Brighton - we've taken four points, now the goal posts changed and these are bang average sides. The bar keeps getting higher for Dyche, but i think most see now what is entrenched opinion as opposed to objective analysis.

We've picked up 10 points in our last 6 now he has two strikers signed and fit with his other signings and the team hes built. I think its bananas given our last two seasons, that some are giving the manager pelters following our last two results and performances. I think its totally out there.

If you think the team is better then competing in the top ten, then you are just going to be disappointed.
We parked the bus I dont know why you're trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. The reverse fixture last year we had Frank Lampard who is a terrible manager. I could nearly guarantee you that if we had Di Zerbi and Brighton had Dyche we win that game easily. We havent had a good manager since Moyes bar Carlos brief covid stint which wasnt football imo behind closed doors. All side bar the top 5 and 6 are bang average, including us. Everyone can go to everyone else and get a result its about doing it consistantly and winning your home games goes a long way to dictating your final position. We are garbage at home and you can pretend we arent all you want. Playing like that against a bang average side, at home, will bring more defeats than wins. 8 wins in 29 shows just that. You can be satisfied all you want, but I've seen nothing so far that shows he'll be anything but medicore.

The CP presser got me thinking in terms of that answer he gave that other than the top teams every body has to adapt. It is actually the top teams who tinker and adapt faster than everyone else. The problematic part is if Dyche is able to identify change in tactics and game management.

We parked the bus I dont know why you're trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. The reverse fixture last year we had Frank Lampard who is a terrible manager. I could nearly guarantee you that if we had Di Zerbi and Brighton had Dyche we win that game easily. We havent had a good manager since Moyes bar Carlos brief covid stint which wasnt football imo behind closed doors. All side bar the top 5 and 6 are bang average, including us. Everyone can go to everyone else and get a result its about doing it consistantly and winning your home games goes a long way to dictating your final position. We are garbage at home and you can pretend we arent all you want. Playing like that against a bang average side, at home, will bring more defeats than wins. 8 wins in 29 shows just that. You can be satisfied all you want, but I've seen nothing so far that shows he'll be anything but medicore.

Sorry mate that makes no sense and agree with none of it, no offence. We won’t make progress.

We are playing very similar to how we did under Anchellotti albeit without Richarlison, Gylfi and Jamo. Don’t know how one can be right and the other wrong. It’s actually not a million miles away from Moyes either.

This is the most balanced Everton team since Carlos. But built by this manager on on the never, never and punching teams in the face angain and fighting for the club again. Man, is that refreshing and I’m enjoying it.

ed
The CP presser got me thinking in terms of that answer he gave that other than the top teams every body has to adapt. It is actually the top teams who tinker and adapt faster than everyone else. The problematic part is if Dyche is able to identify change in tactics and game management.

It helps have if £200 mill worth of players on the bench as well mate! ;)

Sorry mate that makes no sense and agree with none of it, no offence. We won’t make progress.

We are playing very similar to how we did under Anchellotti albeit without Richarlison, Gylfi and Jamo. Don’t know how one can be right and the other wrong. It’s actually not a million miles away from Moyes either.

This is the most balanced Everton team since Carlos. But built by this manager on on the never, never and punching teams in the face angain and fighting for the club again. Man, is that refreshing and I’m enjoying it.
Lol sure mate it makes no sense. We were great at home under Moyes for the most part and not had a decent manager since. I already said Ancellotis covid stint wasnt football imo but you bring it up anyway. If 8 wins in 29 is good to you have at it, he's been mediocre imo, C+ at best.

Brighton are a bang average side?

News to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back