Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunk, Ferguson, Gross, Ansu Fati and Estupinan all walk in our side. James Milner gets a game for us ahead of bloody Ashley Young.
Dunk is much of a muchness with Tarks imo but he's a good player. Gross is another hard maybe but playing in the Doucore role in a Dyche team wouldnt suit him. Ferguson has huge potential but I wouldnt have him over DCL yet. Estupian is injured didnt play on Sat and not sure about Fati them Barca grads like playing with the ball not playing as a second full back.

That Brighton team is not a team we should be fearing at home.

I love this Dave. We're not allowed to use cold hard facts to judge his performance we have to use "feelings" and "hope" because if we used hard cold facts he'd be considered mediocre.
No, just an ability tp follow a game. That many times confounds the statistics we read.

The Athletic is not a philosophical journal of football, it's statistical analysis.

Dunk is much of a muchness with Tarks imo but he's a good player. Gross is another hard maybe but playing in the Doucore role in a Dyche team wouldnt suit him. Ferguson has huge potential but I wouldnt have him over DCL yet. Estupian is injured didnt play on Sat and not sure about Fati them Barca grads like playing with the ball not playing as a second full back.

I don’t think we should be “fearing” anyone, and I’m certainly not trying to defend Dyche or anything. I just found your comment about not taking any of Brighton’s players a bit strange. They’re a very good side, much better than us.

I don’t think we should be “fearing” anyone, and I’m certainly not trying to defend Dyche or anything. I just found your comment about not taking any of Brighton’s players a bit strange. They’re a very good side, much better than us.
I agree. Individually I dont think there's mush between the sides, in fact I think we have a decent little side you know. But yes they are better coached than us.

With bells on.
I have no issue with what we are right now( got no choice) we're as gritty as dyches voice.
Brighton are a better side than Everton. They have players who can retain a ball against most sides and not look out classed. Though i think they've suffered by so many players getting cherry picked away from the club.
We'll dig in and play like a lower league side in a cup tie in so many games.
Unbelievable shout fella tbh.
Yes we will and we absolutely should not. The proof in the pudding is we're getting beat at home regularly by poor sides. We're getting the good side of variance atm so lets see where we are in 10 games.

You're mistaking fear with tactics. If we can create more chances, shots and shots on goal with 20% possession, why not let them have the ball? They did practically nothing.

You're mistaking fear with tactics. If we can create more chances, shots and shots on goal with 20% possession, why not let them have the ball? They did practically nothing.
Because if we play like that against teams with actual good players we will get stuffed. We haven't hardly played the top sides yet and December looks very tough. Fear or tactics or whatever you want we are super negative particularly at home.

Because if we play like that against teams with actual good players we will get stuffed. We haven't hardly played the top sides yet and December looks very tough. Fear or tactics or whatever you want we are super negative particularly at home.

If we play any other way against the top sides, we'll get "stuffed." I don't understand your logic.

Super negative tactics are parking the bus with no plan to counter attack, a la Allardyce. This isn't that. It just isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back