Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CP presser got me thinking in terms of that answer he gave that other than the top teams every body has to adapt. It is actually the top teams who tinker and adapt faster than everyone else. The problematic part is if Dyche is able to identify change in tactics and game management.

Not sure I agree with that. If anything, the top teams have a philosophy and stick with it, the more consistent they are in it, the more successful they are.

Managers like Klopp, Guardiola etc are stubborn to a fault in the way they play.

Brighton are a bang average side?

News to me.
They have a very good manager. Any team with Pascal Gross, Adam Llalana and Billy Gilmor in centre midfield is not one to be feared where you park the bus at home. Throw in 50 year old James Milner at left back too. Go through that Brighton team 1-11 and tell me who you would take over our players?. I'd take mitomo over Harrison and thats about it. And even then he'd be wasted because he'd be asked to play as a second full back all game.

They have a very good manager. Any team with Pascal Gross, Adam Llalana and Billy Gilmor in centre midfield is not one to be feared where you park the bus at home. Throw in 50 year old James Milner at left back too. Go through that Brighton team 1-11 and tell me who you would take over our players?. I'd take mitomo over Harrison and thats about it. And even then he'd be wasted because he'd be asked to play as a second full back all game.

They've been playing this way for 4 years, it's not as if de Zerbi showed up and transformed the club. There is value in consistent messaging, which is what we're starting to see with Dyche, though the message is different.

But to say they're average? Silliness. This isn't Football Manager.

Lol sure mate it makes no sense. We were great at home under Moyes for the most part and not had a decent manager since. I already said Ancellotis covid stint wasnt football imo but you bring it up anyway. If 8 wins in 29 is good to you have at it, he's been mediocre imo, C+ at best.

You will remember under Moyes mate it was year four before he struck gold, what he built didn't happen happen overnight - you will remember a lot of hairy moments before that. Moyes built from the ground up, you instil, character, mentality and competitiveness first, you build an identity and then you add the quality - Arteta etc. Dyche is at the beginning of that process, you can see all the hall marks if you care to see them.

With the fittest squad we've had in beards we have three wins in the last 6 mate. The 18 games last season - we all know the problem and where we were short, so that's disingenuous - how he kept us up without a centre froward is beyond me still with the lowest points total by that point in our history when he took over, im surprised people are using that as a stick to beat him with, i dont know how he did it and kept us up, but personally im very grateful

I honestly read stuff and think to myself, they couldn't have watched the game.

You'd hope not anyway.
They're led by the nose with their % stats.

They've certainly never played a game.

I imagine them to be posh lads who played rugby and cricket at school and who call football 'soccer'. Grammar school types who never really cut muster as footy fans.

This is an utterly wild and bizarre take.

You will remember under Moyes mate it was year four before he struck gold, what he built didn't happen happen overnight - you will remember a lot of hairy moments before that. Moyes built from the ground up, you instil, character, mentality and competitiveness first, you build an identity and then you add the quality - Arteta etc. Dyche is at the beginning of that process, you can see all the hall marks if you care to see them.

With the fittest squad we've had in beards we have three wins in the last 6 mate. The 18 games last season - we all know the problem and where we were short, so that's disingenuous - how he kept us up without a centre froward is beyond me still with the lowest points total by that point in our history when he took over, im surprised people are using that as a stick to beat him with, i dont know how he did it and kept us up, but personally im very grateful
We finished 7th in Moyes first full season in charge after he helped us avoid relegation.

KIn hell. You for real. You think gueye, doucoure garner etc are better?
I cant stand Evertons midfield the majority of the time. We cant penn a single team in because we cant control or pass a ball half the time.
Two very contrasting styles of play.
But if you think Brighton are bang average fck knows what that makes Everton.

KIn hell. You for real. You think gueye, doucoure garner etc are better?
I cant stand Evertons midfield the majority of the time. We cant penn a single team in because we cant control or pass a ball half the time.
Two very contrasting styles of play.
But if you think Brighton are bang average fck knows what that makes Everton.
Bang average.

They're led by the nose with their % stats.

They've certainly never played a game.

I imagine them to be posh lads who played rugby and cricket at school and who call football 'soccer'. Grammar school types who never really cut muster as footy fans.
I love this Dave. We're not allowed to use cold hard facts to judge his performance we have to use "feelings" and "hope" because if we used hard cold facts he'd be considered mediocre.

Bang average.

With bells on.
I have no issue with what we are right now( got no choice) we're as gritty as dyches voice.
Brighton are a better side than Everton. They have players who can retain a ball against most sides and not look out classed. Though i think they've suffered by so many players getting cherry picked away from the club.
We'll dig in and play like a lower league side in a cup tie in so many games.
Unbelievable shout fella tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back