Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dyche gets us top ten this season it'll be a valid comparison. Moyes was a very good manager with a European cup now to show for it.

Different league back then mate, Chelsea weren't Chelsea, City were barley promoted, Spurs were flaky etc, its a lot more competitive now.

We're in a league of the bottom 10 in my opiniion this year, the closer we get to the top the better we've done.

If we play any other way against the top sides, we'll get "stuffed." I don't understand your logic.

Super negative tactics are parking the bus with no plan to counter attack, a la Allardyce. This isn't that. It just isn't.
We havent played top sides yet thats my point. Bar Arsenal and that was another Bus parking.

But ok as I said we have a very tough December lets see where we are come the New Year.

Different league back then mate, Chelsea weren't Chelsea, City were barley promoted, Spurs were flaky etc, its a lot more competitive now.

We're in a league of the bottom 10 in my opiniion this year, the closer we get to the top the better we've done.
A league where City have won the title for the last 10 years and the top six is a closed shop is more competitive now? Any team that can raise themselves above the other chaff has a shot at Europe. Thats 6-20th. It's a mini league in itself all taems much of a muchness bar the bottom 3 who are poor this season.

Moyes was a very good manager and went on to manage arguably the biggest club in the world at the time. Dyche is not on that level.

A league where City have won the title for the last 10 years and the top six is a closed shop is more competitive now? Any team that can raise themselves above the other chaff has a shot at Europe. Thats 6-20th. It's a mini league in itself all taems much of a muchness bar the bottom 3 who are poor this season.

Moyes was a very good manager and went on to manage arguably the biggest club in the world at the time. Dyche is not on that level.

Point being it wasn’t as competitive, was the top two, then top 4, then top six. Like I say City, Chelsea and Spurs were “chaff”.

To an extent I agree with you, The Uefa Cup should be a four year target, it was year 4 as I said when Moyes achieved Europe. Therefore logic dictates this manager deserves the opportunity to incrementally build as Moyes did.

This manager has achieved similar to Moyes at an even smaller club, coming from a lower base, with tighter margins, the only thing separating them is the trophy Moyes win last year and he’s a decade or two further into his career. Your right though Moyes is good manager.

Dyche's comments on substations really concern me.

Successful clubs understand that it is a squad that wins matches, not a first eleven.

It is about using all of the possibilities that are available in the 98 minutes or so that PL matches now usually last, ensuring maximum mental and physical feeshness on the pitch.

Waiting for a tired defender to make a mistake near the end of a game before deciding to bring on a sub in the 90th minute is ridiculous.

Sorry Seán, you need to change this thinking. But are you prepared to do so?

I feel engaged with this Everton team

Yeah, this. Players like DCL, McNeil, JB are easy to root for. Douc I think he absolutely means it when he grabs the badge on his shirt and holds it aloft, he bleeds blue. I really do get the sense that they are working hard for the fans, the shirt, and each other.

Ofc you need some quality and we have had just enough lately.

Not sure I agree with that. If anything, the top teams have a philosophy and stick with it, the more consistent they are in it, the more successful they are.

Managers like Klopp, Guardiola etc are stubborn to a fault in the way they play.
The top teams have philosophies that stay put and tactics that are changed for the players that they have, remember that Pep suddenly played 5 CBs and said that Walker was surplus. The managers are stubborn with philosophies, not tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back