Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say, I’ve been quite vocal against him because I don’t think he is good enough long term. Personally thought we should have learnt from the Lampard situation and told Dyche thanks for keeping us up but off you go.

However, he is starting to win me over. I’m not going to proclaim him the solution we need and it’s still early days, but I’m big enough to admit he has been doing a decent job recently.

Hopefully it continues and I hold my hands up that I was wrong.

I do really get frustrated by his in game management though, in particular his lack of subs when it’s evident they are needed.
This drives me mad also.

Think the ‘tacticos’ and footy virgins and Twitter have proper rotted fans brains.
Far more goes into management than drawing tactics and formations up like.

This notion that he’s some pub manager and only knows how to play long balls to big lads up top is quite embarrassing really, says more about the poster rather than Dyche.

Dyche basically turned Danny Ings, Kieran Trippier, Nick Pope and Michael Keane into England internationals, with caps for Tarky and even Jack Cork once 🤣 - that’s mega coming from a relatively ‘small’ team now.

He’s gonna turn Jarred Brainthwaite into a top, top centre half and there’ll be more to come

I understand your frustration in not being where you want to be and having been at the wrong half of the PL table for a few years but let the man sort the culture out and then you can build from there.

He has more or less walked into a bit of a basket case, I can only imagine what it’s like behind the scenes and now Kenwright (god rest his soul) has gone, pending take over then it’s probably even more mad than normal!

Not trying to be a know all or anything, sometimes it’s nice getting perspective from a fan of a different club. I’m just happy for a bloke that set us up for years and years in to the future getting his chance at a big club. 🫡
I've just realized Dyche is actually the second incarnation of Jesus.
I wonder where poor little Branthwaite would be now without his gentle guidance.

By the way, do you think he will turn Keane into an England international again and Godfrey into a football player, mate?

He is an attacking midfielder who so happens to play box to box. Doucs is actually quite a unique player because he has the lungs of a Horse. However to call him a striker is absolutely madness.
Agree. If Doucs is spending more time like a second striker its bc Harrison, Garner, Onana and McNeil are doing a good job to set him higher. If not he's dropping deeper. He's like the canary in the coalmine, if he keeps popping up next to Tarks we're obv in trouble.
McNeil will go forward if Doucs has dropped and play is set to squeeze on Harrisons side. Interestingly the opposite doesn't happen nearly as much
Maybe Dyche wants to have one side squeezed more or its because he trusts Myko more than Young/Patterson.

I've just realized Dyche is actually the second incarnation of Jesus.
I wonder where poor little Branthwaite would be now without his gentle guidance.

By the way, do you think he will turn Keane into an England international again and Godfrey into a football player, mate?
Well at least now you can repent for your sins and say three Hail Dycheys.

Do you get a kick out of misappropriating points / completely ignoring them like a petulant child? Well boring 🥱

On Godfrey - probably not, at least not at centre half. Don’t think he rates him.

Well at least now you can repent for your sins and say three Hail Dycheys.

Do you get a kick out of misappropriating points / completely ignoring them like a petulant child? Well boring 🥱

On Godfrey - probably not, at least not at centre half. Don’t think he rates him.
Is this like you saying Maxwell Cornet came back for Jackson’s run in of games, which played a massive part in Jackson almost equaling Dyche’s number of wins; when in fact he’d payed the majority of the season for Dyche??

Is this like you saying Maxwell Cornet came back for Jackson’s run in of games, which played a massive part in Jackson almost equaling Dyche’s number of wins; when in fact he’d payed the majority of the season for Dyche??
Not particularly - he played 26 games out of 38 (a few of them coming off the bench to get to full fitness etc)

The actual point rather is that the damage was done before the season was started. A slight ‘loosening of the shackles’ if you will got a few results but if we’re saying that would have been possible throughout the season then I disagree.

It’s easy to look at a small sample of games and say that form is going to be/would have been constant throughout the season.

Not particularly - he played 26 games out of 38 (a few of them coming off the bench to get to full fitness etc)

The actual point rather is that the damage was done before the season was started. A slight ‘loosening of the shackles’ if you will got a few results but if we’re saying that would have been possible throughout the season then I disagree.

It’s easy to look at a small sample of games and say that form is going to be/would have been constant throughout the season.
No, what I said, if you’d paid attention was that Jackson changed the style of play. Which, was not only obvious from watching Burnley, but also the stats supported it.

He kept what worked well, and slightly tweaked a few things in the gameplay and it almost paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back