Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think its rubbish at all. The game has changed.

Newcastle are still miles away and will probably continue to be so.

So we are left with selling our soul to some dictatorship or hoping for a fluke like Leicester who then got swatted back down into their place by the big boys coming in and taking all their players.

Boss.
Miles away, but got to a cup final and qualified for the champions league in their first season

11 years?

It's going to be like this forever. We need to get used to that

Nobody on here will ever see us lift another league trophy.
Sadly, this is true.

It's why I find it maddening when people criticise the club and managers for playing strong teams in the cups. They are literally our only opportunity to win anything and even then, with the squads of the state owned clubs, it's a long shot. I'd be over the moon with a league cup victory.

Dyche won’t change his style or who he buys. You can only go so far with hard working players. Beto is a perfect dyche signing. Big, strong, fast. But technically limited
Then why did he buy Defour and Cornet? They don’t fit Dycheball but he wanted to switch it up and have different options.

A lot of managers get bad reps because they play a certain way to grind results. Same with Moyes to be fair, we can’t say it was all terrible football when we had Arteta, Pienaar, Baines doing bits… but then of course there was a time Allardyce had Okocha and Djourkaeff and he played the worst Everton football I’ve ever seen so who knows what’ll happen

Fans of a certain age see the moyes era as some sort of success. Like Neville southall said the philosophy of thinking 10th was fine started the slide
I agree. The trouble is that the 'scum six' or whatever you want to call them, pulled the ladder away from any team that wants to challenge them with the Profit & Sustainability rules. Stability is the better than extinction at the moment IMO.

So another 11yrs of scrapping around 7th and 8th and no trophies. Great can’t wait

You know what I mean, he can stabilise us, stop us being in relegation battles and bring the team together with proper spirit

My feeling is Dyche is more ruthless than Moyes and could actually see us over the line in a cup but honestly, I’d take a couple of seasons of 7th and 8th place in the short term after what we’ve seen recently… though not 11 years of no trophies obviously but the short term stability would be very welcome

Beat Fulham in the league cup.

If we get lucky with Boro or Port Vale (i think) and win

Anything can happen in the final.

I dont put much weight into what football fans say.

People have been telling me for months that Dyche performed a miracle keeping us up last season.
Please tell us where you think we should have finished with the squad (and player availability) we had last season, in your ever so humble opinion. Thank you.

I believe Brighton just sold a couple of hundred Million £ of talent and are looking like bringing more through.
Villa may well be in the Champions League next season.

I’ll be amazed if Villa become a consistent CL qualifying team. Emery is a good manager and they’ve had a lot of money thrown at that squad but if FFP stays in place they basically have to make it this year or it will be selling players time for 3 years.

Brighton had a good season last season, have a decent manager, and have sold some players for big numbers but it’s been one good season. The rest of the time they’ve been battling in the bottom half. It’s a huge jump for them to move to winning even one trophy never mind establishing themselves as a powerhouse of the game.

Brighton could put all the talent De Zerbi has with all their hidden gems the recruitment team find into winning the europa league and will still probably find that an unarsed Klopp or Ten Hag will probably win it playing their B teams all the way up until the final.

These top 6 clubs are now so big that it’s almost impossible for them to fail. Everything is set up for their advantage from FFP to commercial deals to wage bills to the fixture list, everything. Chelsea can finish mid table and top players across Europe are queueing up to join them, United can be rubbish for best part of a decade and can still attract pretty much any player they want. Spurs can buy our best player at a decent rate and then just shove him on the bench. They are nuclear powers in a league where everyone else is operating a catapult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back