2023/24 Sean Dyche

Potter is massively overrated. His Brighton team couldn't score a goal. They instantly improved the minute he left them.
He's a much better manager than the one you've got (in my opinion). Failed (like many others) at Chelsea. Put it this way, I believe he'd keep you up and the football would be better. Your players need a new direction and Dyche won't give you that. Honestly think you'll be relegated if you stick with him.

I’m equally amazed that people think that continuing to employ a clearly second rate manager will produce anything other than a second rate team.
His tactics are simplistic , naive , and dated.
His ability to manage in game is non existent.
His teams habitually surrender the midfield and with it the initiative for long periods of every game, you simply can’t do this in the PL and expect to survive for long. Which explains why he has already suffered two relegations.
On top of all the above his teams are always low scoring which makes them about as entertaining as watching paint dry.
Listen I'm not saying dyche is the best manger and I do agree with your points I'm just saying a new manager wouldn't change things he'd still have sub standard players to work with unfortunately the club has let the fans down massively with the recruitment over the last 7 years

…I think there’s a bit of snobbery involved with posters not wanting Dyche. We’ve seen the stereotyping, ‘he doesn’t play youngsters’, ‘Keane is his pet love’, ‘players have to be Dyche fit’, yet yesterday he started Dobbin and Branthwaite, left Keane out and gave Chermiti a run.

A few myths bust.

i don’t mind him. i want to see Everton carrying threat, it’s important for me. I see that but we really lack quality in the final third and fail to exploit favourable situations we find ourselves in.

I get there are lots who have never wanted Dyche associated with the club but I think his situation should be assessed after 10 games as it’s usually a good benchmark in a season. When a club is a mess off the pitch it will ultimately manifest itself on the pitch and more managerial turmoil is the last thing the madhouse needs at the moment.

He's a much better manager than the one you've got (in my opinion). Failed (like many others) at Chelsea. Put it this way, I believe he'd keep you up and the football would be better. Your players need a new direction and Dyche won't give you that. Honestly think you'll be relegated if you stick with him.
Nones teaching Iwobi Decoure Onana and Gana how to open up defences or how to slot. Fact is if we still had Richarlison we’d have 6 points now and this thread would have 50 less pages.

I think we'll be relegated anyway. The squad is garbage. We've been circling the drain for a while and eventually we'll go through it. The mismanagement of the club is disgusting.

Nones teaching Iwobi Decoure Onana and Gana how to open up defences or how to slot. Fact is if we still had Richarlison we’d have 6 points now and this thread would have 50 less pages.
Richarlison would be the last player I'd want in a dressing room. Terrible attitude and spends too much time on his arse. You need someone who's going to roll their sleeves up, given your current situation.

Potter is massively overrated. His Brighton team couldn't score a goal. They instantly improved the minute he left them.

Mate thats just complete pish. The contrast of brighton from chris hughton to potter with the same players was incredible. Even de zerbi said this week what he has at brighton right now were foundations laid down by potter. I think it just became fashionable to knock him because he was getting credit for the way his team played.

Listen I'm not saying dyche is the best manger and I do agree with your points I'm just saying a new manager wouldn't change things he'd still have sub standard players to work with unfortunately the club has let the fans down massively with the recruitment over the last 7 years
A new manager would at least have a chance to alter our style of play to something that would hold up the chance of building something for the future.
If the players are so poor and the manager is inept , we are going down anyway so let’s at least attempt to build for the future and show some actual vision for a change.
Clinging on to this failure in the hope he can grind out enough 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws to survive another season is a severe example of reductionist thinking and will just prolong the misery of supporting this slow motion train wreck of a club.
He doesn’t have the necessary skills to survive for long in the PL as has already been proven. So let’s ,for once , seize the bull by the horns and make a positive change that will give us a better chance of survival or at least some hope of a better future.

I hope to God he turns this round against Sheff Utd. I dont want him sacked.

But if he went in the international break due to zero points from 12 then I wonder if Carsley might be the right fit here.

He's as blue as they come and he's done a great job at England U-21 level. It'd be a brave move, but I'd go with Carsley if we had to rather than go through the circus of bringing in another flavour of the month.

Hopefully Dyche turns it next week and this is all moot.
Flipping heck have any of our last few managers even been a "flavour of the month"?