2023/24 Sean Dyche

Got the job done, but I am little concerned about the comments post match more than anything. Very much hinted that he doesn’t trust younger players, took the youngest 3 off at half time and said the game needed experienced players. Also, seemed to imply that Beto won’t be playing on Saturday. He said it was his plan to give him 45 mins today whatever happened, but ‘The premier league is a different story’. If Beto doesn’t start Saturday after scoring on debut and only getting a half then really serious questions need to be asked about the stubborn nature of this manager.

But Goat don't you want to push that to one side and freshen things up? If we get a new manager they won't have the PTSD of watching Keane and Godfrey get given the run around by Doncaster and therefore will likely give them a chance to shine in the FA Cup or next year's League Cup or perhaps even an important PL game due to other absenteeism.

If we keep a manager for more than one year likely they may want to eject these type of players from the club for letting them down so many times and this makes me sad as all they really need is a brand new start under a different manager...again.
Dyche is way too loyal to Keane

Interesting view point.

I was very surprised at the actual football we played v Fulham 1st game , lots of chances created but obviously no goals.
Then more of the same v Wolves but a little less attractive football than the Fulham game .
In between them games was Villa away a 4-0 drubbing and the first of Dyche reverting to type hitting the ball long.
Tonight was evidence that he really hasn't changed . Against a team bottom of the English divisions he was screaming & waving his arms like a madman telling the players to hoof it.
That is not a sign of a good manager , its one that is stuck in his ways and reluctant to change.
The amount of times you could see him pointing down field demanding a long ball was ridiculous last night. Does he really think we really have a midfield not capable of passing past Donnie Rovers.
Interestingly enough our defenders punting a ball from the halfway line was beyond them.

Just gave some examples mate that’s all!

A lot is made ‘formations’, if you’d have played 3 at the back pre 2017 in the PL you’d have been laughed at then Conte comes along wins a league and teams are going 3 at the back all the time.

If anything the new meta is going towards total fluid systems.

Easy to bash Dyche with lazy low hanging fruit like that, he has his flaws like all managers do but he’s not the dinosaur some would have people believe.

When he gets his guys watch how effective your pressing will be up the pitch. Was doing that ‘geggenpressing’ with us (if you wanna call it that) before Klopp popularised it in England

Will it be as effective as Burnley’s gegenpressing that won 3 games in 32?

Last night certainly has shown many blues that this manager must surely be a very short term one.
All the time he has been here he has had to work with this squad, yes I know not great but last night we played the team bottom off every league, we certainly didn't have any patterns of play, no one prepared to put their foot on the ball, no identity at all, what was the plan other than just hoof it up and bypass premier league players? Where is the movement the skill the will to take people on? Nothing.

As others have said Gana and Beto saved him a complete onslaught last night, as once the fans turn its only ending one way.

I actually think once DCL McNeil and Harrison get fit along with Beto, it will save him for the medium term, but then fans and the board will then realise, this guy is a fraud.

Under this man Everton will become/have become his Burnley MKII. The media loved Dyche's Burnley and they loved him too for doing such a great job at 'little Burnley'. Funny how no clubs were rushing in for Dyche once he had gone from Burnley. Took us to knock on his desperate door and welcome the arrogant fool back into the footy world for the media to embrace and continue their 'love in' once again. I despised Burnley under Dyche. Could not stand the constant reminders of how well 'little Burnley' were doing against all the big guns, whilst ignoring their hoofball tactics and constant aggression over style. Sadly we are now that team. Doncaster changes nothing, and I, after 57 years of watching and lovin Everton, want out.