2023/24 Sean Dyche

It’s a massive problem. When we did get the ball yesterday we’d given it away again within about 3 seconds. Someone in centre midfield needs to get hold of the ball and bring McNeil, Danjuma and Calvert-Lewin into the game. Garner looks most qualified to do that.

Agreed, but part of the issue currently, is that they have only one option ahead of them to pass to. We mostly have everyone but the striker behind the ball, so when anyone gets it they have no one to pass to, and end up launching it to the striker in the hope that he can hold it up and bring people in to the game. It's a very old fashioned way of playing, the players aren't great, but they're far better than this style of play. Dyche needs to go, football has moved on from his style of management.

I wasn’t a fan of Garner but the more our current three play the better he looks.
Garners issue is he doesn’t fit our current style.
He is technically the best but he’s not a DM, he’s not a playmaker and he’s not some who pushes up and presses like Doucoure is playing.
I think Dyche likes him but won’t change from our current setup.
He played DM for Forest and was their player of the year when they came up I think?

7 points from the next 3 games, minimum. I know Brentford are good at home but we've thrown away too many points already to accept a spirited defeat there.

The next three will define the season. Need a decent haul 4 or 5 at the very least. If we come away with less than three I think we can start preparing for the championship. The promoted three teams are [Poor language removed]. Bournemouth are [Poor language removed] and Wolves are [Poor language removed]. We jsut have to be less [Poor language removed] than them. Need to start getting a few points on the board. 4 from 9 would probably do. Beat Luton draw Bournemouth would probably do for now

I feel the same way as yesterday post match: give him until after the B'mouth game. If we dont have 5 or 6 points on the board or we're not out of the relegation places then replace him.

Of course, we all know what that'll mean then: 2/3 games with an interim manager until a new manager is hired and more points are lost.

9d6ca323a380a21ac2efe23505b54a464b00a3c6.gifv

Lose the next three and even though we are in a state of flux, with the current proposed take over going through it's scrutiny by the premier league, he will have to go. I don't rate Dyche, I don't like his style of play, I don't like his smart arsery or his David Brent sound bites, but, I am alarmed at the prospect of Billy Liar and Penfold inflicting one last appalling choice of manager on us, the last three have been spectacularly bad appointments.

He needs to start selecting the proper midfield based on the game in question. Onana-Gana-Doucoure yesterday was a bad shout, particularly as both Gana & Doucoure barely have a creative bone in their bodies between them.

For me, as a starting point, we really should just be persisting with this back four for the foreseeable future:

Patterson - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko

I know there are people on here who don't rate Mykolenko or indeed Patterson.. but they are 24 & 21 years old respectively and need to be playing as much Premier League footy as possible whilst they're both fit. I'm already not a fan of him trying to shoehorn Young into the side just because he's 'experienced', also playing Garner at RB whilst Patterson is available just seems like a waste..

So that's the base to go from. Similarly - I think we should we playing Garner in midfield in every game regardless. At this point, he's better than Onana with his foot on the ball and certainly better than Doucoure. Either way, the Onana-Gana-Doucoure axis needs punting for good as the balance/chemistry in that particular setup just isn't there. For me (despite how disappointing Onana has been) it should always be one of Doucoure or Gana missing out in the starting lineup depending on the game. I think at this point I'd honestly see them both better suited as 70-75 minute subs depending on how that particular game is unfolding. Are we trying to manage a game in the late stages and need a bit of experience in defensive mid? Bring Gana on. Are we needing to go a bit more direct? Bring Doucoure on, who also is capable of goals:

- Onana ----------- Gana --
Garner

-or-

Garner ------------ Onana
Doucoure

I really think it's as simple as that yeno..

Last edited:
We have had plenty....still hounded them out...or/wanted them gone.
Only manager I sort of regret getting sacked was Silva. But even still he was struggling badly, albeit largely due to woeful recruitment by Brands imo.

Ancelotti wasn't sacked. Moyes wasn't sacked. The rest you have to say deserved the sack based on results.

Only manager I sort of regret getting sacked was Silva. But even still he was struggling badly, albeit largely due to woeful recruitment by Brands imo.

Ancelotti wasn't sacked. Moyes wasn't sacked. The rest you have to say deserved the sack based on results.
Yep the sacking wasn't the problem,it was the appointments....this all goes back to koeman