2023/24 Sean Dyche

Been mentioned for a while now the goals conceded is the worry. One thing I expected from Dyche was to make us difficult to score against. Nothing of the sort just as bad as previous seasons. The back line has been awful for seasons be it structurally or individual mistakes. That's the detail I was hoping that would be sorted. Until that story changes we will be in relegation fights
Dyches Burnley consistently scraped around the bottom and were relegated twice because they didn’t score many goals and conceded a lot of them.

This idea that his teams were ever hard to play against is nonsense.

It was a terrible result, and the comments on the 2nd half are fair.

Dyche's struggled this season after a brilliant effort, near 'revolution' in last season's team in both defence and midfield (inc no full-backs, forwards and getting a tune from McNeil, Iwobi, Doucoure - all of whom have plenty of criticism on this forum).

It's odd that it's in precisely the same areas we're now losing games. You're right, defensive lapses and no game plan going forward - which leaves the forwards we now have without service.

Is it the same players need to tune back in to Dyche and get going, again? He did beast them last year, and they responded.

He is mis-using DCL big time, and also not playing Beto and Danjuma enough both who need games, goals and confidence. McNeil and Harrison need game time. Garner needs to play in position. If Dyche keeps making these mistakes he will push himself out.

I'd rather he learns the lessons but he couldn't have got it more wrong in front of 777 on Saturday.
He conceded more goals in the second half of last season than Lampard did in the first half. But sure a “near revolution in terms of defence”

Dyches Burnley consistently scraped around the bottom and were relegated twice because they didn’t score many goals and conceded a lot of them.

This idea that his teams were ever hard to play against is nonsense.
This tbh. Gary Neville (I know, I know) said it on comm's during the Arsenal game. It's simple football, it's too easy to play against, no opposition team is worried about facing us as they know what we are going to do and how we will lineup. At this level of the game you need to have more in your locker.

I said before the Brentford game, for me he had to get 9 points from the next 3 games 6 points minimum.

The Brentford game was a surprise, and the 1st half against villa a nice escape from the utter rubbish we are watching.

I thought Luton would have been a win (I know, it's Everton though), and my opinion hasn't changed, If he doesn't win against Bournemouth I think he will be gone.

Sound familiar this, Bournemouth, international break, stop me if you've heard this one before.

He deserved the crack of the whip, and even though I wanna get out the cycle of managers coming and going, I cannot see how another defeat he keeps hold of the job - there's no way anyone 777, Moshiri, Kenwright anyone could let that go further.

Funny isn't it, the 2nd half against villa I thought we where poor when he made the changes and brought Doucoure and Gana on, two players which are mainstays of his midfield for the detriment of our best player on the ball - also think that Onana suffers when the other two play.

Am bored of it now.

Wound me up hearing him talk about how this has been like this 2 years and it's on him to change it.

It's been on him to change it for the last 8 of those 24 months. He's not fresh through the door.

Yes. We should be seeing improvements at this point into his tenure. We are much worse defensively than we were when he took over.

People referencing the Southampton game as if to say “see, we were still losing to dross at home before he came in”. Yes we were, and it was unacceptable which is why we brought in a new manager. It’s not acceptable under him either so if he’s not capable of improving upon the previous manager then he will be moved out the door for someone that is.