2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think the players have let Dyche down. But ultimately the buck stops with Dyche. He sets them up. He picks the team. There's a benchmark for his game plan
(albeit away from home). He's responsible for turning those performances away from home in to how we play at home. There's a feeble attempt by some to
put the poor home results on Goodison and the home fans. That's complete nonsense. We should have been at least 3 up Saturday the players wasted chance after chance. But Dyche has to get on top of that he's got to get it drummed in to the players. Furthermore Dyche needs to have us up for it for the first whistle
to the last, and that second half on Saturday was dreadful. Not good enough. No where near good enough. These games are on repeat now. That's down
to Dyche. It's results that count. He's not getting them.

Knew it would be a different challenge so even more baffled by some of the choices Dyche made against Luton.

Don’t expect managers to do exactly what we might expect but there’s a lot more questions after a defeat like that. Not excusing the players either.

Why did this game need both Young & Gana, the most defensive options available, in the starting line up?

Why instead of bringing Harrison & Patterson on but keeping the shape did we switch to a 442 we haven’t tried in game & clearly haven’t practiced enough in training for DCL & Beto to work together?

We can’t keep putting in Jekyll & Hyde performances & the game management against Luton made it worse.

Players are available. There’s options. No excuses now, pick your best side, set us up to win & save your job.

Knew it would be a different challenge so even more baffled by some of the choices Dyche made against Luton.

Don’t expect managers to do exactly what we might expect but there’s a lot more questions after a defeat like that. Not excusing the players either.

Why did this game need both Young & Gana, the most defensive options available, in the starting line up?

Why instead of bringing Harrison & Patterson on but keeping the shape did we switch to a 442 we haven’t tried in game & clearly haven’t practiced enough in training for DCL & Beto to work together?

We can’t keep putting in Jekyll & Hyde performances & the game management against Luton made it worse.

Players are available. There’s options. No excuses now, pick your best side, set us up to win & save your job.
People are focusing on the players on the pitch, the formation.

I dont care what anybody says, with proper coaching that team would win that game, with proper coaching our players would know what to do.

The problem isnt team selection, its poorly coached players, managed by a manager who thinks tactics are those little white sweets in the see-through box.

For me.

Like has been said, Luton will have looked at how we set up and been buzzing. Not saying we should be all out attack but what an unbelievably negative and above all else, predictable set up.

Poor selection, poor shape, poor coaching, poor execution. Just utterly rank all round and without any excuses whatsoever. And the worst thing is, it's hard to see it be much different against Bournemouth.

Ý
I think the players have let Dyche down. But ultimately the buck stops with Dyche. He sets them up. He picks the team. There's a benchmark for his game plan
(albeit away from home). He's responsible for turning those performances away from home in to how we play at home. There's a feeble attempt by some to
put the poor home results on Goodison and the home fans. That's complete nonsense. We should have been at least 3 up Saturday the players wasted chance after chance. But Dyche has to get on top of that he's got to get it drummed in to the players. Furthermore Dyche needs to have us up for it for the first whistle
to the last, and that second half on Saturday was dreadful. Not good enough. No where near good enough. These games are on repeat now. That's down
to Dyche. It's results that count. He's not getting them.

I dont want him sacked tbh. I want to see the team winning games. Ive mentioned his win ratio and goals per game ratio over 10 years. Its awful but even taking into account its 10 years at Burnley if those ratios dont start improving then i couldnt care less about looking for another manager. You dont keep flogging a dead horse just because you have had a few managers. In the back of my mind i was wary of luton on saturday because one thing he's not been great at is stringing wins together, again the Burnley factor may come into that a bit but it still bothered me that he's never been able to do it.
Bournemouth is such a huge game for him and the club now. And these Everton players aren't exactly known for getting the job done.

I dont care what anybody says, with proper coaching that team would win that game, with proper coaching our players would know what to do.

The problem isnt team selection, its poorly coached players, managed by a manager who thinks tactics are those little white sweets in the see-through box.

For me.
Don’t disagree but the two go hand in hand in a confused performance like that.

Doubt the players were coached to play so defensively against that Luton side but Dyche selected a defensive lineup with players unsuited to creating against a side that would let us have possession.

Going to an untested 442 seemed a knee jerk reaction.

For me.
Did you just shake your tactics at me?

Stick with him lads, you need know how.
To take us down
…I think he’s a better level to Lampard but I agree that results are a concern.

We go and beat Brentford and Villa, the ‘Dyche Out’ brigade are quiet. I’d be more inclined to be onside if the doubters posted when we look good, because we do look good at times.

I’m not pretending to know the answers, I won’t die in a ditch defending Dyche but I’m far from convinced more change will be anything more than disruptive. The fact we look so good at times encourages me more than discourages me about Dyche, but Luton was a disaster.

i’m 100% behind sticking with him at this point.
But when have we looked good at home? And when we made chances in games and missed them to me that's not looking good? Yes we have a few times away but again you get more space to counter away. At home we can't break down teams and are leaking goals, his tactics are limited. He has no plan B and his selections are often negative. Two full backs who never get over the half way line and a central midfielder on the wing. What's telling is the home form and that's your bedrock and seven losses in eight is totally unacceptable. Do I want to sack another manager? No, I agree it brings more instability in the context of our take over and other issues. But do I think Dyche is good enough? No.

Bournemouth is must win but I have no confidence, I didn't even after the away wins, home is a different kettle of fish when teams come and sit in you need creativity and attacking patterns of play and we have a clueless manager. Even if we get a win I am still a skeptic of him. It's just scrape survival at best. Which I suppose is what we want but what are we building towards? What style are we playing? I'd take direct football if it was effective his is not. Strikes me he got found out at Burnley and we are seeing the same now.