2023/24 Sean Dyche

Shouldn't be looking a bit higher up the table, mid table finishes perhaps with this side?

Agree. Thanks Bill.

With this win above Forest and in the mix with Fulham and Palace now in the table.

I said in August Palace are sort of team that will play similar football to what Dyche wants his team to produce and when we get to April they'll probably be 13th or 14th with 42 points and no one having any idea how they did it.

So you'd like to think being a bit more ambitious can compete with those clubs more going into the winter than just hoping the bottom 4 don't win any games which seems to have been the main focus so far this season.

What was our xG today mate?

Do you know it without looking it up?

Cos I know we won 1-0 and we got 3 points, thats the only thing that matters.

He has a very decent group of players there, thank God hes finally getting a tune out of them now and again.

Yes, im very happy we won.
Glad to see you finally coming around and learning what some of us have known, just trying to save some of you a bit of unnecessary angst that Everton fans already have plenty of.

Can you do this from the start of the season please?

Because, in all honesty it would give a better interpretation of Sean Dyche’s skill set. The removal of fire fighting tactics last year, the ability to have his own preseason with the players etc etc

So please run the same data from the Fulham game this year.
Sorry Chris for the late reply I have been busy in the past week so haven't been able to go over the numbers I'm sure they are readily available online, twitter (X) is a good source for these things. But I think it is clear now 5 games have been played home & away that we are clearly better set up for away games.

The home and away form table would be the simplest way of demonstrating this.

Regardless I'm very happy with today's performance and it is the first time in 3 years that Everton are able to show regular decent displays and resilience rather than one good game in 10.

Let's hope that's continues COYB!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-29-21-34-49-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-29-21-34-49-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2023-10-29-21-35-12-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-29-21-35-12-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 12
Sorry Chris for the late reply I have been busy in the past week so haven't been able to go over the numbers I'm sure they are readily available online, twitter (X) is a good source for these things. But I think it is clear now 5 games have been played home & away that we are clearly better set up for away games.

The home and away form table would be the simplest way of demonstrating this.

Regardless I'm very happy with today's performance and it is the first time in 3 years that Everton are able to show regular decent displays and resilience rather than one good game in 10.

Let's hope that's continues COYB!!
Mate Chris won't respond now. He's fuming Everton won a game under Dyche and will be back when we lose one I'd say. He's fuming Everton arent first in the league because the team in the 80s did it so why can't we?

He is by no means the glamour manager that you'd expect to take Everton back to a team that challenges for European spots, but he is absolutely the right man for the current circumstances.

Strong character without any self-pity. He is giving the players no excuses on performance despite the shambles that is the running of the Club. 99% of the other managers out there wouldn't have embraced the financial challenge that he has been confronted with.

If he safely keep us up this season (which he will) and then finds us a mid-table spot next season, we will have ridden the wave and can hopefully look to kick on with a manager more suited to the school of science in our new ground.

.I know I’m in the minority who like the job he’s doing but I do wonder if there’s a bit of snobbery with some posters thinking the ‘stereotype’ Dyche is not good enough for our club.

The nonsense of ‘hoofball’, the ludicrous idea he ‘plays his mates’, ‘Dyche fit’ ffs.

He can only work with what he has and I much prefer watching Dyche Everton to Lampard or Benitez Everton.

Maybe Moshiri finally got one right.

Not sure you’ve ever been in the minority on this one mate.

I think the majority of the fan base are and have been very self aware of the job of work at the club and realistic on what it’s going to take to do it, in difficult circumstances.

I think the majority of the supporter base have supported him thorough out.

That’s not to dismiss lads, who had/have doubts, Everton have done a number on many the past course or of years and you can understand the anxiety.

Also, this is a process not an event, we need not to get too high when we win and not too low when we inevitably loose.

I think we’ll be alright, we are becoming competitive and developing , I’ll take that.

Last edited: