2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think with Onana playing we would have got over the line today. That’s not a criticism of Gueye who had a decent game but he gets a nose bled when he crosses the halfway line. I was impressed with the organisation and workrate today. Last year whenever a team broke our 1st press we where at 6s and 7s. Today we looked like a team. Granted we need a bit more composure on the ball but we limited Brighton around the box and it took a lucky deflection preventing us from picking up full points. I gave MOM to Tarkowski but I thought they all did well.
I think the choice of Young at right back shows to me that Dyche isn’t the cleverest of managers. He’s basically invited Brighton’s left hand side to sit on top of Young and Harrison. And predictably that’s exactly what happened.

Interesting post match interview from de zerbi when asked what he thought of Everton. In a complimentary way he said "they have found their style"

I thought today we were very sean dyche's burnley. I'll take it for now as i cant contradict myself when ive stated its all about survival.

Scary long term mind.

haha no way am I reading people thinking we can go to toe to toe in a possession game with Brighton of all teams. Some of you know literally nothing about football and it really shows, honestly just pray you're kopites on here winding us up and not stupid blues with zero ball knowledge like I suspect.
So you approve of Pickford punting the ball aimlessly up to Brighton for them to keep it for another 5 minutes?

My data says otherwise.
1699124586378.png

'Played opponents' is the column I'm taking it from here.

Dyche is doing what needs to be done to pull us up the league. Necessity is the mother of invention and he's doing it with these players. He has brought in some of his own Young, Harrison who start and Beto, Chermiti and Danjuma on the bench and given Branthwaite his chance. It's painful to watch sometimes at home, but we've lost 4 on the bounce before Bournemouth and now a draw.

Interesting post match interview from de zerbi when asked what he thought of Everton. In a complimentary way he said "they have found their style"

I thought today we were very sean dyche's burnley. I'll take it for now as i cant contradict myself when ive stated its all about survival.

Scary long term mind.
We are not a good watch. That is obvious. However, we’ve been in a relegation scrap for the last two seasons. We’ve had very little money invested in the squad. We don’t have the players to play expansive football to open teams up or even dominate possession. However I hoping if we do move up the table and pull clear of the relegation zone, we become a better footballing side to watch.

We judge Dyche on where we are by the turn of the year I think. This has been the period of the season where we have imploded in the last 2 seasons.
I will judge him in May.

Look, no major complaints, today made me a bit angry by just sitting there waiting for them to score.

But we are in decent form, scoring goals, no real axe to grind with the baldy fella today.

Ask me next week.
View attachment 233987
'Played opponents' is the column I'm taking it from here.
Terrible graph, makes no sense.

Mine was better.

We lost 4 games on the run at home just a few weeks ago...........

We have won 1 game at home all season.
All true. This is where qualitative and quantitive data comes into play. My own eyes tell me the squad is more balanced and arguably we're playing better.

I can also see how rubbish the other teams compared to our own position, so I do feel we've improved - relatively. Although, there's still a lot to do.

We are not a good watch. That is obvious. However, we’ve been in a relegation scrap for the last two seasons. We’ve had very little money invested in the squad. We don’t have the players to play expansive football to open teams up or even dominate possession. However I hoping if we do move up the table and pull clear of the relegation zone, we become a better footballing side to watch.

Thats the hope yep. Everythings dropped a level. Ambition, expectation. Entertainment(most of the time)

We are were we are now. Gritty Everton.

Obviously we want to avoid relegation but I don’t think he will get the best out of the players he has available to him. Time will tell. He has some very good footballers in the squad, it seems a waste to not use their talents fully.
And why isn’t he telling Pickford to stop aimlessly kicking the ball back to Brighton, you’re not going to see it again for 5 minutes
We will avoid relegation easily this season mate. We are 4 points off 15 points that we had in JANUARY last season

All true. This is where qualitative and quantitive data comes into play. My own eyes tell me the squad is more balanced and arguably we're playing better.

I can also see how rubbish the other teams compared to our own position, so I do feel we've improved - relatively. Although, there's still a lot to do.
I judge it on how many players I like.

We have a lot of players in the squad who I really like currently.

First few weeks of the season and it was pretty much Dom for months.