Arsenal - 64
Brentford - 71
Luton - 101
Bournemouth - 77
Liverpool - 79
West Ham - 67
Brighton - 71
Crystal Palace - 73

so it actually works out at 74 not 73, their numbers not mine got an issue raise it with them mate. It probably comes down to what is classed as a 'long ball' tbh

Its a bogey stat from what looks like a bogey site mate.

I just went on the passing tab and it has Max Aarons as the most successful passer of the ball in the top five European leagues, Adama Toure is his next best PL rival.

Brighton are on 71 long balls a game to our 73 - im calling BS on that site mate. ;)

Its a bogey stat from what looks like a bogey site mate.

I just went on the passing tab and it has Max Aarons as the most successful passer of the ball in the top five European leagues, Adama Toure is his next best PL rival.

Brighton are on 71 long balls a game to our 73 - im calling BS on that site mate. ;)
FBref is fairly go to for any sports data and their info comes from Opta so sorry mate you are wrong on this, if you are saying Opta are wrong then you might want to inform the entire Professional game of this as that is what they use.

FBref is fairly go to for any sports data and their info comes from Opta so sorry mate you are wrong on this, if you are saying Opta are wrong then you might want to inform the entire Professional game of this as that is what they use.

Wouldnt be fan of Opta at all tbh mate, but thats irrlevent.

Do Brighton strike you as a long ball team, according to these lads they are hitting as many long balls as us - if both they and us are averaging 70+ a game then the ball is in the air the whole time we played a week ago it very clearly wasn't.

Bourmouth put me to sleep watching their aimless short passing a few weeks ago are higher then us for long balls - its clearly BS mate or either the treshold is low and stat disingenuous - define a long pass.. You dont need a stat to tell you what your eyes can see. What are Man City 60-70 something per game, its a nonsense. ;)

Last edited:
Wouldnt be fan of Opta at all tbh mate, but thats irrlevent.

Do Brighton strike you as a long ball team, according to these lads they are hitting as many long balls as us - if both they and us are averaging 70+ a game then the ball is in the air the whole time we played a week ago it very clearly wasn't.

Bourmouth put me to sleep watching their aimless short passing a few weeks ago are higher then us for long balls - its clearly BS mate or either the treshold is low and stat disingenuous - define a long pass.. You dont need a stat to tell you what your eyes can see. What are Man City 60-70 something per game, its a nonsense. ;)
I mentioned above that it comes down to what you class as a 'long ball' but our 3rd goal at the weekend was pass and move so we can do it and anyone who says otherwise is just a liar imo. I just want us to mix it up a bit more, we showed a few signs the other day I just want to see a few more. Watching Pickford/Tarkowski/Young booting the ball upfield looking for Dom/Doucoure is so tiring at times and the constant running (in Doms case) is an invitation for muscle injuries.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

At least weve solved the conundrum of why he hates Patterson so much....along with Dave.

Dyche could get us into the Europa League, and some people would still complain about it's not the CL. He's just not "sexy" enough in some fans eyes tough I think he's handsome as feck!

I mentioned above that it comes down to what you class as a 'long ball' but our 3rd goal at the weekend was pass and move so we can do it and anyone who says otherwise is just a liar imo. I just want us to mix it up a bit more, we showed a few signs the other day I just want to see a few more. Watching Pickford/Tarkowski/Young booting the ball upfield looking for Dom/Doucoure is so tiring at times and the constant running (in Doms case) is an invitation for muscle injuries.

I bet that was classed as long ball though mate. ;)

Harrison is on loan and will return to Leeds unless we splash some cash.

Fulham were in for Iwobi and his level is at those you have mentioned. I could see a bid for DCL if he manages not to breakdown again this season.

I could also see a bid for James Garner if he continues his trajectory this season.

A January bid for Keggers from one of the bottom 3 could be a possibility, he is absolute dirt but could plug a hole for a Luton/Sheffield United along with Godfrey.

Exactly it’s mid table and bottom end clubs perhaps going in for some players if they don’t get injured again.

Frankly though the top clubs aren’t going to be interested. People mention Garner but United who are a complete and utter mess and had players like McTominay, Fred in that position decided they didn’t need Garner. I like the lad, he’s a decent player but he’s not dislodging Rodri Bissouma Rice Caicedo Casemiro etc. any time soon is he? He’s levels below at the moment

I always come back to what I consider probably the last best team we had at Everton in the prem in 13/14 (which even then only came 5th)

Howard - USA first choice goalkeeper
Baines - could have walked into any team in Europe
Coleman - Ditto, pfa team of the year
Stones - could have played for anyone
Distin/Jagielka - very experienced PL players with multiple international caps in Jags case, Arsenal had been interested previously.
Barry - title winner at City, England international
McCarthy - Ireland international wanted by Spurs when we signed him
Barkley - England international centrally sold to Chelsea even when his level had dropped from his peak
Lukaku - could have played for anyone
Mirallas - at CL club in Olympiakos, wanted by Arsenal.

Apart from Pickford being better than Howard was by that point, the current squad is just nowhere near this level that’s needed to seriously push for Europe. We’re talking about a couple of promising kids, a few decent pros, and a striker who is ok when not injured. Yet people are expecting progressive attacking football, consistency in every game home and away, and dispatching opposition teams at home with ease. It’s not going to happen.

Everyone knows they’re not a group of top players don’t know who said that. They’re average. Whatever way you dress it up, the squad is superior than Luton’s, Bournemouth, Sheffield United and Burnley and I’d say on par with Forest and Fulham. So the league position we’re in now is expected with this group of players.

He’s doing well but this whole ‘the players are turd and he’s performing miracles’ you keep going on about is just nonsense I’m afraid.

Simply put.. you continuously discredit/ignore players and worship lord dyche when we win and solely blame the players when we lose.

what a load of revisionist nonsense. I worship lord Dyche? Is that what happens when you say that maybe the current Everton manager shouldn’t be fired when some ardent critics on the forum are slamming him and we’ve not even played 7 league games?

Dyche is doing a decent job at the moment. While we are in our current financial position, I don't believe we could attract anybody better to replace him. If and when our financial position is resolved, we should be looking to get shut of Dyche and bring in a manager who is more able to progress us as a club. Until then, it's pointless getting shut. He wasn't my choice, but, he may well prove to be a he correct choice in this period of our history.

One thing that has become evident to me which I recognize as progress achieved by dyche is that we're capable of scoring goals especially when needed opposed to earlier this season and the previous one under both dyche and lampard where there were games we looked like no matter how many chances we created or we were unable to generate chances, you knew we were never scoring in that game. Better players becoming available has altered that along with just how we're setup to play which falls under dyche's influence.

I don't fathom the lack of attractive play critiques because we're pretty vibrant on the counter attacks, I don't mind conceding possession as we've there are many moments weve been labored in possession going back to the second season of Martinez. Lampard and Benitez played far more visually unappealing football than dyche. I've been conflicted with my view towards dyche in the past but it seems like we're building momentum with our play and results which we haven't done in awhile