2024/25 Sean Dyche

There's also all the times where we desperately needed a man to overlap or go forward into an empty zone but we had none, but it's more convenient to ignore here isn't it?

Yeah, they do, except they're quite good at their attacking and also with providing support, which ours seemingly can't do when playing for us for some odd reason.
Pep's move inside instead of outfield to leave the wingers 1v1 with full backs and score goals or provide crosses/1-2 passes quite often.
Ancelotti plays a more rigid type of football and yet the full backs for him also don't play on the same line as CBs for most of the game and instead sit out wide and provide crosses or overlaps.
Arteta with his famously defensive full backs :lol:

WhAt Do ThEy KnOw ThOuGh, as they have set up their teams literally proving how Dyche is doing it overly cautions indeed. Point is caution before anything and everything else doesn't make a balanced team.
The Crystal Palace game is the one I always go back to, their manager was getting sacked then has a heart attack, the number 2 in charge, best CB and midfielder out and Eze and olise also missing and had won only 2 in 16

We at home having won only 3 all season, not won in 2 months, goodison under the lights and we should have gone for the throat, but he played Godfrey at RB, young R midfield. We had 8 defenders on the pitch and I’m being extremely generous calling doucoure and McNeil attackers. Of course it was a shocking performance that need an 84th minute goal to get us a draw.

But apparently Dyche will get us attacking a lot more this season and when he’s has a few windows to buy his players

A man's man. Enough said. Dyche is here to stay.
100% he will be gone next season. This style won’t wash at BMD. 50% of the fan base would take a change now I reackon, the other 50, just want to survive and have the last season at goodison in the prem and the first season at BMD.

But come the first season if he’s still here, fans will want to see something different, paying more money to watch us, they won’t accept 35% possession at home v Brighton or Fulham etc and booting it long and hoping to get a corner

100% he will be gone next season. This style won’t wash at BMD. 50% of the fan base would take a change now I reackon, the other 50, just want to survive and have the last season at goodison in the prem and the first season at BMD.

But come the first season if he’s still here, fans will want to see something different, paying more money to watch us, they won’t accept 35% possession at home v Brighton or Fulham etc and booting it long and hoping to get a corner
Imagine paying the likely £800 plus a year to watch essentially ale house footy in a state of the art stadium. Not a chance he’s kept on

I don't know if I would say 100%. I guess it all depends how the season goes. If we stay up with ease I don't think he will be going anywhere. Barely survive or get relegated then I reckon he's gone for good. Would like to see exciting football played as well so we will see what happens.

I think my biggest issue with Dyche is going with players for far too long. It's a bit crazy to ride your luck with players like Young, Keane, etc. Those are guys, in my opinion, you should have to call on 3-5 times a season to put in some dirty work to help the team out when needed. Dyche just goes with it for far too long until it's too late.

I think my biggest issue with Dyche is going with players for far too long. It's a bit crazy to ride your luck with players like Young, Keane, etc. Those are guys, in my opinion, you should have to call on 3-5 times a season to put in some dirty work to help the team out when needed. Dyche just goes with it for far too long until it's too late.
Kinell you flipped quick.

I still think that Dyche is just about the best manager for our current stage. Hes brought stability and we will hopefully have another stable season, living a mediocre mid-table life. Then when hes done his job and finances are much better, Everton will move on to another manager.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back