2024/25 Sean Dyche

Last season he started Keane over Branthwaite at the beginning. Summer breaks seem to reboot his memory.
Oh yea it’s de ja vu. Last season started with a poor loss at home to Fulham where Dyche praised the start and ignored the lack of goals and mistakes at the back. Next was Villa away with Keane again where we got spanked 4-0 in one of the worst displays you can imagine. That’s this years spurs game. Then maybe he starts to slowly let the better players have a chance, but who really knows?

No.

He needs another two years to get us safe while we sort ourselves out off the pitch.

Hels proven he can do that...but feel free to give his replacement's name...the manager you think will have us playing decent football and all but guarantee keeps us in the PL...

If you were a Palace fan you’d have been banging on about how “safe pair of hands” Hodgson was the best man for the job last season and sacking him would’ve resulted in relegation. It’s an outdated mentality, firefighter managers aren’t a thing in this day and age. Once again this football club is 20 years behind the times, as ever. Sadly that includes much of the fanbase too.

No.

He needs another two years to get us safe while we sort ourselves out off the pitch.

Hels proven he can do that...but feel free to give his replacement's name...the manager you think will have us playing decent football and all but guarantee keeps us in the PL...
Two more seasons of Dyche and we will have to invest in those tarpaulins with crowd pictures on to cover the empty seats at BMD . 😃

No.

Not my job.

However, I have been saying for two seasons he is useless, because that's what I watch every week, and hence I want a new Manager.

So, if you are happy for him to receive a two-year extension, and he gets it, then well done to you and I hope you then remain happy for the next three seasons.

absolutely agree.

however, i'd say we have a far better back 5 then most if not all of the bottom half ( RB aside of course ).

We have a defence that can be resilient when it needs to be. I think much of that can be attributed to the style of play that Sean Dyche fosters, because without Branthwaite yesterday, the defence was all at sea.

However, we also have easily, without doubt, the worst attack in the league. I look at even the newly promoted sides and see they have pace in the wide positions and multiple strikers that, if not prolific, can still cause problems.

It’s nowhere near the top.

Some idiot actually spent 30 mill on Michael Keane and gave him a new contract.

Martinez put out an 11 at Anfield about 7 of whome weren’t even fit and then played Alcaraz and a half fit geriatric Jagielka in a high line against Luis Suarez Sterling Coutinho Sturridge

Koeman kept Lookman and Vlasic benched comepletely whilst playing Klaasen Enner Valencia Sandro etc.

Any time we played Ashley Williams and Cuco Martina.

You really are sensationalising it now. It was a bad selection and a bad performance and a bad result. You’re making out like it was the worst moment in Everton history.

Scrub Glen Keeley from the history books lads, nothing will ever be worse than the time Sean Dyche selected Keane and Young instead of Jake O Brien and Mason Dixon.
Given our current financial situation and the desperate lack of goals, I found it absolutely deflating.

Awful management and terribly thought out recruitment

If you were a Palace fan you’d have been banging on about how “safe pair of hands” Hodgson was the best man for the job last season and sacking him would’ve resulted in relegation. It’s an outdated mentality, firefighter managers aren’t a thing in this day and age. Once again this football club is 20 years behind the times, as ever. Sadly that includes much of the fanbase too.
Can't disagree with you Mike though would , probably cost as much to replace him as getting a decent player in and since under Moshiri we seem incapable of employing a decent manager (apart from Ancelotti who was too good for us) I think I'd rather wait until there is a new regime in place when I'd have more confidence in them bringing the right guy in.

Re: Silva, with hindsight, I agree. Hard not to really, with the way things have gone since. We didn't know then what we know now either. That being that our transfer policy was largely dictated by Moshiri and that Kia fella. He also had a supposed director of football to add in to the mix, and on top of all that, none of these people were even on the board of directors. 😂 (n)

Hindsight tells me that replacing Lukaku with Moise Kean was probably the beginning of the end for Silva, but knowing what we know now, he probably never had much say in the matter.

What a shambles we have been.

Silva is a cautionary tale of not bein to reactive mate - and looking at the bigger picture. He clearly could manage and build a team. Yet the Derby where we had bad injuries and got stuffed, on the back of bad results meant the fans piled on pressure and demanded a reaction - that's half the problem the tale shouldn't wag the dog - yet here we with Dyche. In a way that and changing managers here far to often has led to a reactive culture that has become normalised and lays everything at the managers door. Its not healthy and something that creeped in her ender Moshi that has never been the case at the club before. If we cant systemically see that, that reactive natye is part of the problem - then we get all we deserve and that is nowhere or worse fast.

As for Silva it was the selling of Idrissa for me - we never replaced him really and with Gbamin and Gomes getting injured it decimated us in central midfield having to drop Gylfi back and play Davies there also. Idrissa leaving was a pivotal moment - we shouldn't have sold him - it was greatr money for his age - but how much money did we spend trying to replace him on how many players - Gbamin, Gomes, Delph, Allan, Doucoure, Van der Beek, - only to bring him back in the end. Ridiculous and the type of this that has us in this mess.

Without trying to write any games off (which I guess I am at Spurs and Villa away) the 31st is going to be interesting, at home to Bournemouth. For me that’s why yesterday was so important apart from it being the opening game. He really needs to show he is willing to be braver with his selection decisions and get out of his PL experience comfort zone.

As someone stated earlier in this thread, it is question whether TI would have started yesterday if Garner had been fit. Yes, players need to acclimatise, but it can be done quickly not overly cautiously.

No.

I'll put up with him for one more season but I really don't wanna be going into the new stadium under him

He has to avoid any prolonged winless run , he's prone to them. He could get away with it at burnley and last season given the circumstances, I doubt most fans would put up with a similar situation happening this season though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back