2024/25 Sean Dyche

He's been told just keep us up. I'm sure of it

And left to get on with it.

There's nobody will be on his back at any point unless it really falls apart and you can't see a way out with him

The long run last season you could still see looking at other teams and fixtures how there was a decent chance he would keep us up. I'd say they got a bit nervous but we're never at the point of considering that chat with him.

It will continue like that for now until we have an actual owner and a board

As such, I don't think he will even be worrying on a game like yesterday. He will just keep ensuring that what he sees overall from the team in training and in games will be enough to see us better than at least 3 other teams

I feel for the fans who want progress and change, but seriously you are wasting energy and tying yourself in knots over something that is not even being thought of by anybody at the club whilst the off field stuff remains unresolved

Likewise how he plays and how woeful we are to watch. They won't care at all. You are going to drive yourself potty getting wound up about it

Same goes for player selection. If he knows Player X over the course of the season will give him enough performances and moments that contribute to enough points then he won't be feeling the same urgency as you do when he comes to "get McNeill off and the new lad on". He won't care as much when they stink out a few games. He will give somebody else a go if he thinks they will do the defensive work and perform to a better level on the ball. If they don't take the small chances he will go back to the "steady" option as he feels he knows what he will get if they play the majority of the games this season.

He is operating in very specific circumstances and a lot of what people are complaining about I honestly don't think is even on the radar

I've found it much easier to bear these couple seasons thinking the above through.

The running arguments are good for a busy forum but IMO utterly pointless whether you really like him or can't stand him.

He'll go only when we either have new owners with a plan OR things have gotten so bad that those above finally have to put their sudoku down, take their feet off the desk, walk down the corridor and ask Kev - "should we start looking at managers now?"

I don't want us to hit that crisis point again, so I'm waiting it out until Moshiri is out.

38pts by hook or by crook pls. Ashley Young can play every game he is available in every position for all I care. 38pts pls.

Not my job.

However, I have been saying for two seasons he is useless, because that's what I watch every week, and hence I want a new Manager.

So, if you are happy for him to receive a two-year extension, and he gets it, then well done to you and I hope you then remain happy for the next three seasons.
I don’t get this mentality, I agree with you about Dyche to an extent btw, but if your saying replace him, surely you can give an opinion as to who you would get in. It’s only an opinion.

How does getting splinters in your backside get you PL experience
Same way Chermiti was getting experience by playing 5 min a month last year.

Buzzwords upon buzzwords so no one's ever hurt and there's never anything new to report. You know what will be said at any given time and how the blame will always be somewhere else.

"Man's man" apparently, but it takes a man to confess his mistakes instead of looking for excuses and sly ways out of any situation.

The notion that you cannot play young players cos they don’t have prem experience is nonsense as he’s terrified they’ll make a mistake.

The problem is, the fellas he always goes to Keane, doucoure, young ALL make shocking mistakes most games.

I’d much rather chance the young lad making a mistake but giving him the opportunity to improve, than watching the same old wasters doing the same old mistakes and never learning.

I'd like to see james garner given a run of games at right back now and patterson. Let them compete for that spec. Keep coleman and young as cover. If we can bring a couple more in i think a striker and centre midfielder are more needed. The signings of ndiaye, harrison and lindstrom i thought and still hope are better suited to, and an improvement on, the counter attacking defence sitting deep style that has worked best for dyche. Sort of keep the defence the same as last season but counter with more pace and flare. That yesterday was nowhere near that though.

The notion that you cannot play young players cos they don’t have prem experience is nonsense as he’s terrified they’ll make a mistake.

The problem is, the fellas he always goes to Keane, doucoure, young ALL make shocking mistakes most games.

I’d much rather chance the young lad making a mistake but giving him the opportunity to improve, than watching the same old wasters doing the same old mistakes and never learning.
They have no experience as they've not played in the Prem, but he won't let them play in the Prem so they won't get the experience anyway.

A timeless classic.

I'd like to see james garner given a run of games at right back now and patterson. Let them compete for that spec. Keep coleman and young as cover. If we can bring a couple more in i think a striker and centre midfielder are more needed. The signings of ndiaye, harrison and lindstrom i thought and still hope are better suited to, and an improvement on, the counter attacking defence sitting deep style that has worked best for dyche. Sort of keep the defence the same as last season but counter with more pace and flare. That yesterday was nowhere near that though.
James Garner is not a right back, never was, never will be, and played as a right wingback in a 3-5-2 literally once and was turd.

How about we stop playing players out of position instead?

It's up there with not using a player, then blaming them for not being used later due to not looking super sharp or match fit in training.

Self fulfilling agenda
Oh, you mean not letting players play for the 2nd team while also not letting them play for the first doesn't make them better and more "ready"?

Shocked here

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back