2024/25 Sean Dyche

I’m sorry but no ‘self respecting’ club assesses options after the first game of a season.

We’re an utter basket case at board level and even we’re not that stupid.

This is simply just not true. If every PL club just sacked their manager every time there was an ‘embarrassing’ result there’d be Pep left and that’s it. In fact he lost 4-0 to Ronald Koeman ffs so better get him out as well.
See you in a fortnight when we are bottom of the table, zero points and no goals scored. By which time, fine margins at our level, it may even already be too late.

Oh, you mean not letting players play for the 2nd team while also not letting them play for the first doesn't make them better and more "ready"?

Shocked here

The later season one is the attitude of the player isn't there, yanno after bringing them in likely promising them a big role and then hardly using them for 7 months besides 1-5 minutes in dead games.

James Garner is not a right back, never was, never will be, and played as a right wingback in a 3-5-2 literally once and was turd.

How about we stop playing players out of position instead?
He is deffo not a wing back. I was just thinking while coleman is out and young suspended i would rather see garner at right back than Mcneil. I would play patterson myself when fit but it looks like dyche doesnt fancy him.

Yeah, in 4-5 games. He also played Anthony Gordon as a #9 all tournament.

Both aren't those things and it's the U21 nationals. Garner's played as a CB for United's U21s too like, but it's equally not his position no doubt :lol:

All true mate, but tell you what he'd do a better job at RB than the ones we have and I'd trust him to play better at CB than holgate does as well 😂

He is deffo not a wing back. I was just thinking while coleman is out and young suspended i would rather see garner at right back than Mcneil. I would play patterson myself when fit but it looks like dyche doesnt fancy him.
We have an academy lad who's an actual right back - he'll be rough and all but might as well give an actual right back a chance there really.

I’ve been a big critic of Dyche for yesterday’s decision making and I’m trying to rationalise his decisions. The only thing I can think of is he currently isn’t liking what he is seeing in training and has to come up with some rationale for their omission hence the reference that the new signing will ‘learn quickly’

I don’t get this mentality, I agree with you about Dyche to an extent btw, but if your saying replace him, surely you can give an opinion as to who you would get in. It’s only an opinion.

For the situation we currently find ourselves in changing manager is not the main issue we need to resolve.

At the moment we just need to stay in the Premier League.

Once the ownership situation is resolved will be the time to replace Dyche.

Currently we are a basketcase of a club and any half decent manager would be wary to join at the minute.

See you in a fortnight when we are bottom of the table, zero points and no goals scored. By which time, fine margins at our level, it may even already be too late.

Clubs fire managers on actual results not hypothetical projections of what results might be.

The firing criteria under Moshiri at Everton had remained the same throughout. If it looks at any point like we are likely to get relegated, the manager is fired. Any other scenario than that and they’re not. No one is likely to be relegated after a fortnight of a season.

The sight of seeing a player who literally can use his right foot for nothing more than standing on playing at RB did bring an almost comical relief to yesterday's game, next up we'll sign a goalie with no hands.

I’ve been a big critic of Dyche for yesterday’s decision making and I’m trying to rationalise his decisions. The only thing I can think of is he currently isn’t liking what he is seeing in training and has to come up with some rationale for their omission hence the reference that the new signing will ‘learn quickly’

I’ve a feeling one of N’Diaye or Lindstrom will be given the Danjuma treatment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back