2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche’s post match respond made us more angry. We all know how poor Young and Keane are but Dyche still made a poor excuse to against us. I think this game has lost his new contract. We want stability and evolution but not a stubborn manager.
The way he turned it to focus on the penalty that never was pissed me off

Yet the scum next door are more than happy to bring Bradley in at RB when they're chasing for CL.. this "they don't have experience" nonsense doesn't wash.
We know the current RB is completely finished for a fact, we don't know what the kid will or won't do if put in, but there's only one way to find out, and doing so when we have another 37 league games after means it's not life or death

The downside is he shows he's not good enough and won't ever be at this level, but overall the team don't suffer as we are already playing players there who also aren't good enough to play at this level.

The middle ground is he struggles a bit but develops into a mediocre player in which case we can sell him due to him being 'premier league experienced' and having natural pace and bring young.

The upside is he develops and shows he is good enough, and you now have a player for the first team whose only 21, cost nothing and on low wages, saving the club a fortune.

Let’s compare to Young. Young yesterday was caught out of position more than once, didn’t track runners, made a bad mistake, and responded by making a red card challenge. He has no pace to cover anything and can’t cross.

Even if all Dixon has is pace and some 1v1 defending ability, that covers a lot of things that Young can’t. Even if he makes the error ash did, he can recover without taking the attacker down as his only option. Put him next to Tarks who can provide the on field direction and let him have a run.
And actually the mistake Young made yesterday in trying to control the ball with his chest before being sent off is exactly the type of mistake that an inexperienced player could potentially make….Young is 39

I don’t get this mentality, I agree with you about Dyche to an extent btw, but if your saying replace him, surely you can give an opinion as to who you would get in. It’s only an opinion.
All I can say is I would prefer a progressive young manager with some fresh ideas.

I don't watch enough football across the globe or know enough about the better young, progressive managers with fresh ideas to be able to put names forward, and that is what I meant about not having any replacement names readily available.

I know its silly, and to the club, getting Young last season and extending his contract this season probably ‘makes sense’, but i am feeling real anger whenever i think about him playing for us. Every time Dyche picks him to start my resentment builds towards player and manager.

Yet the scum next door are more than happy to bring Bradley in at RB when they're chasing for CL.. this "they don't have experience" nonsense doesn't wash.
We know the current RB is completely finished for a fact, we don't know what the kid will or won't do if put in, but there's only one way to find out, and doing so when we have another 37 league games after means it's not life or death

One thing you can guarantee is someone will always take a punt on a young player with pace, raising his profile even if he struggles will see someone come in for him amin the championship.

On that note btw one reason our academy sucked for so long is the playing overage players there and focusing on big strong lads under unsworth and ignoring stuff like pace and technical ability.

All I can say is I would prefer a progressive young manager with some fresh ideas.

I don't watch enough football across the globe or know enough about the better young, progressive managers with fresh ideas to be able to put names forward, and that is what I meant about not having any replacement names readily available.
I mentioned Keiran McKenna last year, young, progressive, it will be interesting to see how he gets on this season

I know its silly, and to the club, getting Young last season and extending his contract this season probably ‘makes sense’, but i am feeling real anger whenever i think about him playing for us. Every time Dyche picks him to start my resentment builds towards player and manager.

Oh having too many pet players will and has got managers the sack before. It also builds up resentment eventually in the squad.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back