2024/25 Sean Dyche

Thats only true to that clip posted. In the immediate post match interview yesterday when asked by the reporter when other new signings would start he snapped back when they are ready.
What exactly has keane done in pre season to warrant that response.
Dyche has a soft spot for keane. Only the emergence of branthwaite nullified it. Im glad some reporters are calling him out on keane. Coz he seems to be the only person who rates him.
But he still didn’t say it was because O’Brien doesn’t have premier league experience which is alls I was saying. The Keane thing has become a bit of a dead cat anyway really he wasn’t good but he wasn’t the reason we lost the game.

Genuine question, why would a manager down tools? It’s a sure fire way to guarantee he does not have an immediate manager as a PL manager we were to be relegated. He held out that long for a PL job, no way he compromises his professional integrity.

It’s the margins. If he backs off even 1% from full commitment then it translates to the players who will just think ‘I don’t have to play for this bloke because he’s gone end of season’. The players knew they could get multiple managers fired under Moshiri just by phoning it in for a few games. Dyche coming in with some stability actually put a stop to that for a while so we don’t want it creeping back in.

Not saying it was. Just saying it’s not one game in isolation either as you suggested it was. I think everyone knew the script with that 11 yesterday, including the Brighton manager.

You say this but it’s only true in hindsight. We get this every single game. I remember specifically how people were confident it was nil points from Brighton away in 22/23 and we beat them 5-1. It was the same before the derby. It’s pretty much the same before the majority of games. If you predict that we’ll lose every game then yeah at some point you’re going to get it right.

TBH playing any back 4 we have at the club in a high line with full backs pushed up is pretty suicidal. Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko Coleman Keane are all pretty slow and Gueye is terrible on the ball. The tactics were ridiculous but not for the reasons people keep saying. If we were in a low block Ashley Young wouldn’t have been caught out with one ball over the top, instead we played a ridiculous high line the whole match which didn’t suit anyone.

It’s the margins. If he backs off even 1% from full commitment then it translates to the players who will just think ‘I don’t have to play for this bloke because he’s gone end of season’. The players knew they could get multiple managers fired under Moshiri just by phoning it in for a few games. Dyche coming in with some stability actually put a stop to that for a while so we don’t want it creeping back in.
How would we notice him downing tools?

We went 4months without winning a game last season, was that him going full pelt? If so, God help us.

Let's face it, by far the biggest difference between the Premier League and other leagues is the pace. We don't have players with any pace, so there is never a justification to play Keane, Holgate, Maupay or Young. All are as slow as treacle, despite their other 'skills' - whatever those elusive skills might be.

How would we notice him downing tools?

We went 4months without winning a game last season, was that him going full pelt? If so, God help us.

I’m more confident the players will down tools before he does. If the contract situation doesn’t get resolved then we’ll lose a certain % edge that’s inevitable. Like a contractor at work who knows they’re leaving in a few months and not being renewed, they just start dialling everything down a bit.

His level of dropping off would be demonstrable through whether he starts to allow players in training not to wear shinnies, and socks at half mast

But he still didn’t say it was because O’Brien doesn’t have premier league experience which is alls I was saying. The Keane thing has become a bit of a dead cat anyway really he wasn’t good but he wasn’t the reason we lost the game.

He did in the immediate post match interview. Saying when they are ready is as good as saying they arent ready.
Id have thought buying a first team centre half, he played the entire season in france against the likes of PSG, was to challenge the two here last season and drop the atrocious keane down the pecking order.
As for your last bit. The team is like a sponge full of holes at the back when he's called in. Every single time. I dont think its a coincidence.
Sorry i just cant stand him playing at the back. Slow as a tank. So many times caught in no mans land.
All on dyche this one.

I’m more confident the players will down tools before he does. If the contract situation doesn’t get resolved then we’ll lose a certain % edge that’s inevitable. Like a contractor at work who knows they’re leaving in a few months and not being renewed, they just start dialling everything down a bit.
If the contractor wants more work in the industry, he would have to prove he was professional.

If we give this utter crapper a new contract we need sectioning.

Give him 1 in January if hes done a good job, by all means, but not now, if things go how I suspect, this fella will be sacked by Xmas.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back