2024/25 Sean Dyche

Outsmarted by a 31 year old young 'un on his PL debut says it all really.

Stuff like this after one game is a bit ridiculous though. You can literally play this game about anything.

Sean Dyche after a week of training with Everton beat Mikel Arteta who was years into his Arsenal project (not just beat, could have been 3 or 4 up by half time)

Dyche outsmarted De Zerbi on his own patch and beat him 5-1.

Klopp 8 years into his Liverpool project got outsmarted by Dyche 15 months into his.

It’s one game, you can’t extrapolate one game to definitively prove anything. If finishing had been different then we could have been 2 or 3 up b Brighton within 20 mins and no one would be saying he’d been outsmarted.

It’s one result in isolation.

Stuff like this after one game is a bit ridiculous though. You can literally play this game about anything.

Sean Dyche after a week of training with Everton beat Mikel Arteta who was years into his Arsenal project (not just beat, could have been 3 or 4 up by half time)

Klopp 8 years into his Liverpool project got outsmarted by Dyche 15 months into his.

It’s one game, you can’t extrapolate one game to definitively prove anything. If finishing had been different then we could have been 2 or 3 up b Brighton within 20 mins and no one would be saying he’d been outsmarted.

I hope you're right mate...

I'd be massively embarrassed if I let a lad almost half my age bend me over a barrel... At home as well.

You’re literally highlighting the issue without knowing it. “If finishing had been different…”

We have games on top of games to know that a front four of what he started with would not be good finishing nor creating their own opportunities. We have seen Keane and Young enough to know they’re walking mistakes. That’s the point everyone is making. He picked crap we all know doesn’t work even though he has options to not do so.

You’re literally highlighting the issue without knowing it. “If finishing had been different…”

We have games on top of games to know that a front four of what he started with would not be good finishing nor creating their own opportunities. We have seen Keane and Young enough to know they’re walking mistakes. That’s the point everyone is making. He picked crap we all know doesn’t work even though he has options to not do so.

The finishing issues are well documented. Dyche’s selection of Doucoure is equally annoying, but there was no tactical masterclass by the Brighton manager. First 20 minutes most teams absolutely shaft them for four or five playing that way.

I thought Minteh looked class yesterday, who coincidently has absolutely no pl experience.

Its a terrible explanation isnt it just on keane. A very good pre season. Obrien played against Roma and scored against preston.
A very experienced defender doesnt cut it. Goals going in galore when he starts does.
Just admit it dyche. You've got a blind spot when it comes to Keane. You see something nobody else does.

Its a terrible explanation isnt it just on keane. A very good pre season. Obrien played against Roma and scored against preston.
A very experienced defender doesnt cut it. Goals going in galore when he starts does.
Just admit it dyche. You've got a blind spot when it comes to Keane. You see something nobody else does.

Agree with all you've said but I think the question that was put to him was poorly worded. It didn't need to mention starting Michael Keane, it should have just asked why O'Brien didn't start. As soon as the journalist suggests Keane shouldn't have started over O'Brien, Dyche is jumping to his defence/justifying his team selection. He'd do the same for most if not all players I think.

Wouldn't read too much into it and hopefully next week, if it's a choice between the two, he makes the decision we all want to see.

The finishing issues are well documented. Dyche’s selection of Doucoure is equally annoying, but there was no tactical masterclass by the Brighton manager. First 20 minutes most teams absolutely shaft them for four or five playing that way.
Not saying it was. Just saying it’s not one game in isolation either as you suggested it was. I think everyone knew the script with that 11 yesterday, including the Brighton manager.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back