2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche kept us up against the odds last season, despite all our best players being sold and despite the points deductions.

We also hammered the RS.

Saturday was dire, but some of our "supporters" are desperately fickle.
Even with deductions we needed 34 points last season. Less than the year before. That's not against the odds.

One game against the reds isn't more important than the whole sample size under Dyche. Its not fickle to not support this style and standard of football.

The criticism of supporters on Saturday for leaving early or a little bit of half hearted booing, is a load of nonsense. Don't perform like that if you want the crowd to stay there to the end. Don't perform like that if you don't want to hear frustration.

Saturday was a load of rubbish and rightly shouldn't be applauded. There's so much wrong with this post.

If the club had any sense at all then they'd not offer him a new contract. Think it's wise to consider his position in May with a view to informing him that his services are no longer required come the end of the season.
You’d like to think the process of identifying a new manager for the end of the season has already started, but they’d probably start that once he’s gone as they usually do.
When he does eventually go, I won’t miss watching every interview with him wiping his mouth and nose with his hand and spreading it all over his face and head!

Even with deductions we needed 34 points last season. Less than the year before. That's not against the odds.

One game against the reds isn't more important than the whole sample size under Dyche. Its not fickle to not support this style and standard of football.

The criticism of supporters on Saturday for leaving early or a little bit of half hearted booing, is a load of nonsense. Don't perform like that if you want the crowd to stay there to the end. Don't perform like that if you don't want to hear frustration.

Saturday was a load of rubbish and rightly shouldn't be applauded. There's so much wrong with this post.
Last season, all of our managers would have reached 34 points I am sure, doubt that any apart from Carlo would have 48 thoguh. I think the only visible progress I really saw under Dyche is to win 6 pointers again vs bottom 6, something that cost us almost 22/23.

Style won't be good under Dyche. Scoring goals we struggled under Big Sam, Frank, Carlo and Rafael as well, and we will keep doing underDyche.

But we are rightly disappointed, to see Doucoure and Keane and maybe Young starting, having match-fit options ready with Lindström, Ndiaye or OBrien for 2 of the 3 positions that can surely do the job in the league and a dodgy excuse to not do. Different situation to last season with Branthwaite.

I can't really argue with anything said here.

Although do you not think the comment on empty seats has been taken out of context? I got the impression he was implying a 'i don't blame them, i'd of got off too' point of view with the 'that's what happens at this club', trying to imply high standards? Could be wrong

I think most of the time we all quite like Dyche, his gruff voice, his big bald head, likes a pint, hard work, blood and thunder, give em a kick, and all that sort of stuff.

Then the season starts and we watch the football and its just not palatable when losing.

I'm 3 months into my self imposed 'not calling for Dyches head' 6 month ban, after the derby win and form at the end of last season. I'm finding it pretty hard at the moment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back