2024/25 Sean Dyche

We all know that we are skint, but I think some on here don't understand what skint really means.

Anybody with half a brain would understand that any manager would not want to go into a season with Ashley Young and Seamus Coleman as arguably first choice full back options... but you cannot spend money you don't have.

Last season we totally lacked any creativity and I think that the main priority was to get to get some creativity into the squad first and foremost.

The biggest problem I had at the weekend was starting Doucoure ahead of both Ndiaye and Lindstrom. Doucoure is an athlete but a poor footballer.

As much as I think we need to get rid of Holgate I would start him ahead of Ashley Young who is an accident waiting to happen in every game.

I also think that for their second goal that DCL would not have scored that.... unfortunately.
Ok, So why not try out the kid at FB?

He will make mistakes but improve game by game.

What is he losing by putting him in? Experience? Its means feck all absolutely nothing, the biggest mistakes on saturday were made by players who almost a 1000 games betweeen them Keane Gana Young, our MOM was a Player who has very very little PL experience.

Experience is nothing ability is everything.

He deserved a go at this season but what a way to start it.

Zero goals (again) and comical defending across the team. I think I could have forgiven a 2-3 or something where we'd had a go - but that team was set up to control the game, not to score goals.

His in-game management is very rigid - the second half should have seen Ndiaye on straight away.

If we absolutely need to be pragmatic this season to finish a riveting 17th then we need to sell a striker and get some full-backs and a CM.

My ire is almost entirely with Moshiri (formerly inc. Kenwright and pals) - but it doesn't excuse management / players from putting in a competitive performance.

What is he losing by putting him in? Experience? Its means feck all absolutely nothing, the biggest mistakes on saturday were made by players who almost a 1000 games betweeen them Keane Gana Young, our MOM was a Player who has very very little PL experience.

look at maino he’s about 15 and he’s boss

if you’ve got you’ve got it

He deserved a go at this season but what a way to start it.

Zero goals (again) and comical defending across the team. I think I could have forgiven a 2-3 or something where we'd had a go - but that team was set up to control the game, not to score goals.

His in-game management is very rigid - the second half should have seen Ndiaye on straight away.

If we absolutely need to be pragmatic this season to finish a riveting 17th then we need to sell a striker and get some full-backs and a CM.

My ire is almost entirely with Moshiri (formerly inc. Kenwright and pals) - but it doesn't excuse management / players from putting in a competitive performance.

then who scores? we need all 3

I wouldn't start Dixon but I certainly think he should have been on the bench.

However, he is a very young and inexperienced player. If he made the mistake that cost us the game the manager would get slaughtered for starting him.

I think Dixon needs to go on loan to the championship for a season.

Not every young player is going to be a premiership player... we can all see how few actually make the grade.

By and large I've supported Dyche and stood up for him with the hand he was dealt and the situation the club was in, although Saturday has made me wonder just what game he's playing.
He misread the game against Brighton naming a starting 11 only Dyche thought may get something from the game.
He also misread the fans if he thinks the ground emptied because of a defeat.

First game of the last campaign at our Goodison home, he had a huge opportunity to really electrify the ground and give the a fans a buzz by sticking big Jake next to Tarkpwski and giving 2 or 3 other new faces a go in the middle and up front.
However that's not Dyche and the 1.45pm news that Young, Keane and Doucoure were to start sent shudders of the bad old days through me.

I've never in my life seen Goodison empty so fast and early. sure I've left early a few times when a game is lost but only to beat the rush if I had plans after the game, yet Dyche thinks "that's what we do if we lose", it's not and never has been, we are not koppites.

With the game lost to bring on Holgate was a very unwise thing to do, I wasn't there but switched the game off here, can't blame the fans for that and it had nothing to do with losing. Everything about his actions on Saturday was wrong, both in terms of football savvy and sense/humility after and before the game.

I get bored watching us play these days, we have no imagination or guile in our overall play
I think our support just waits for us to concede the inevitable goal, and the feeling of despair sets in

Very sad times to watch or support Everton

Sadly I don’t think there is a quick fix, and if honest no idea what the fix is
Get a manager who hasn’t relegated a team, preferably with no premier experience.

Give them money to spend on players that suit their style (whatever that may be).

Watch as we look like a normal (like every other team who does this) team again.

By and large I've supported Dyche and stood up for him with the hand he was dealt and the situation the club was in, although Saturday has made me wonder just what game he's playing.
He misread the game against Brighton naming a starting 11 only Dyche thought may get something from the game.
He also misread the fans if he thinks the ground emptied because of a defeat.

First game of the last campaign at our Goodison home, he had a huge opportunity to really electrify the ground and give the a fans a buzz by sticking big Jake next to Tarkpwski and giving 2 or 3 other new faces a go in the middle and up front.
However that's not Dyche and the 1.45pm news that Young, Keane and Doucoure were to start sent shudders of the bad old days through me.

I've never in my life seen Goodison empty so fast and early. sure I've left early a few times when a game is lost but only to beat the rush if I had plans after the game, yet Dyche thinks "that's what we do if we lose", it's not and never has been, we are not koppites.

With the game lost to bring on Holgate was a very unwise thing to do, I wasn't there but switched the game off here, can't blame the fans for that and it had nothing to do with losing. Everything about his actions on Saturday was wrong, both in terms of football savvy and sense/humility after and before the game.
Agree and worry he's lost the plot now.

That said, who is he supposed to play instead of Young ? Holgate ?

That is more a squad thing - only other option strikes me as playing 3 CBS and having some sort of wing-back assuming...Harrison could have done that ?

Get a manager who hasn’t relegated a team, preferably with no premier experience.

Give them money to spend on players that suit their style (whatever that may be).

Watch as we look like a normal (like every other team who does this) team again.

Hopefully with a new owner.

But what to do this season ? No board or cash, a detached owner.

We could change Dyche but at this point doubt there is money to replace him or money to support a new manager.

I hope Dyche and Thelwell adapt before the transfer window shuts.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back