2024/25 Sean Dyche

IMG_1315.jpeg

Can any Evertonian honestly say 0-3 was ‘harsh’ ?

I wouldn't start Dixon but I certainly think he should have been on the bench.

However, he is a very young and inexperienced player. If he made the mistake that cost us the game the manager would get slaughtered for starting him.

I think Dixon needs to go on loan to the championship for a season.

Not every young player is going to be a premiership player... we can all see how few actually make the grade.
Might be because they never get a chance and eventually get sold?

Agree and worry he's lost the plot now.

That said, who is he supposed to play instead of Young ? Holgate ?

That is more a squad thing - only other option strikes me as playing 3 CBS and having some sort of wing-back assuming...Harrison could have done that ?
I'd have like to have maybe seen a workaround, maybe 3 centrebacks and Myko with possibly Mcneil playing right wingback, thus freeing up Harrison to play on the left. Couldn't have been much worse.

I wouldn't start Dixon but I certainly think he should have been on the bench.

However, he is a very young and inexperienced player. If he made the mistake that cost us the game the manager would get slaughtered for starting him.

I think Dixon needs to go on loan to the championship for a season.

Not every young player is going to be a premiership player... we can all see how few actually make the grade.
Disagree with the first point, the fans wouldnt slaughter the manager, he's getting slaughtered for picking the same players that fail this club week in week out.

True he might not make the grade, but looking at our FB options he has everything to gain and nothing to lose.
Ive never seen this kid kick a ball, but i have seen Young and Co too many times to know that they are a disaster almost every week.

We all know that we are skint, but I think some on here don't understand what skint really means.

Anybody with half a brain would understand that any manager would not want to go into a season with Ashley Young and Seamus Coleman as arguably first choice full back options... but you cannot spend money you don't have.

Last season we totally lacked any creativity and I think that the main priority was to get to get some creativity into the squad first and foremost.

The biggest problem I had at the weekend was starting Doucoure ahead of both Ndiaye and Lindstrom. Doucoure is an athlete but a poor footballer.

As much as I think we need to get rid of Holgate I would start him ahead of Ashley Young who is an accident waiting to happen in every game.

I also think that for their second goal that DCL would not have scored that.... unfortunately.
The thing is, it has cost us money to resign Young and Coleman, there is at least £5 million in wages, plus any signing bonus which may have been given to them. That money could and should have been used to bring in a loan or low cost full back who is not injury prone or geriatric. Not for Dyche, he'd sooner stick with the experience of his pensioners.

There will be empty seats in some games this season, last year at Goodison or not.
Im away at the minute and missed the Brighton game but said to my mate that im not going the Bournemouth game which i will be home for!

Cant be arsed sitting there watching that crap we get served up by this manager.
Il just go and watch a Sunday league game somewhere to see the same style of footy.

So ur saying you won’t call for his head after one game this has been going on from day one of him being here and you say to stay in the job he needs to adapt well let’s cut the time and get rid now this guy will never adapt and they way he acts like he’s the best manager going he just needs binning off Asap
Nah, that's guff. If you haven't noticed, the club is a shambles. We are in survival mode and nothing else. Nothing significant can change until the ownership does. The aim until then is, frankly, 17th - and Dyche is the best in the business at ensuring that is achieved.

After new ownership, the job requirements change. That will be the time to call time on Dyche - unless, of course, he proves me and others wrong, which is a very long shot at this point.

We're not in a position to gamble our future away on "attractive" or "front-foot" football. When we are, the game changes and Sean is out the door.

View attachment 269590

Can any Evertonian honestly say 0-3 was ‘harsh’ ?
Well, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. But that was only because we beat ourselves - out on the pitch and in the dugout. So, if it was harsh it was a harsh reality check. We were simply not set up to begin a new season adequately. That should prompt a period of reflection, but I doubt the self-awareness is present for that...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.