2024/25 Sean Dyche

What have the finances got to do with him?. His job is to manager the team. Sick of him picking the same old crap and expecting a different outcome. He’s terrified to try something different whilst trying to stay mid-table, yet the RS are challenging for the league and still playing/giving kids a shot. He’s got nothing to lose trying something a little different. Like I mentioned above, Branthwaite only got his shot last season because Dyche was backed into a corner with Keane.

No he wasn’t. He was on the bench. I remember him telling the media he was excited and ready to go. I even had him in my fantasy and he deffo wasn’t injured haha.

He had a problem with his groin in the summer.

Branthwaite didn't start the first 2 games that season because he wasn't 'ready'. He said so himself, and;

"He missed two-and-a-half weeks of pre-season. That would have maybe given him the opportunity to push on and start the season." As it was, Branthwaite only had to sit out the first two fixtures, both defeats. He has been a fixture in the team ever since.

"Once he got fit, he has taken the chance."

In my view, he shouldn't have started the 2 after that, because the club knew he needed surgery. He got it as soon as there was a gap after the 2 games he started, so after 4 league games;

^ "Issue sustained in the summer"

As I've said, Dyche's treatment of Branthwaite is never a stick. He fought to keep him when PSV wanted him and ensured there was a pathway when fans were cryarsing for Coady.

But that's what you do with players who aren't performing and there's someone better. That's exactly how it works?
No you don’t.

He forced Keane into the team as soon as Connor Coady made one small mistake. We then had to witness the calamity of Michael Keane until fan and media pressure literally forced his hand to out Yerry Mina in the team

At the first opportunity he got him back in again, for a player who had an outstanding season at PSV and an U23 tournament.

Under no circumstances do you do that because of this bizarre theory of PL experience.

No you don’t.

He forced Keane into the team as soon as Connor Coady made one small mistake. We then had to witness the calamity of Michael Keane until fan and media pressure literally forced his hand to out Yerry Mina in the team

At the first opportunity he got him back in again, for a player who had an outstanding season at PSV and an U23 tournament.

Under no circumstances do you do that because of this bizarre theory of PL experience.

Don’t forget he tried to get Keane back into the side around Christmas time last season too, after he scored against Burnley. He then went and scored a stupid own goal against Fulham in the cup and played in the capitulation at Wolves, so he had no choice but to bin him off again.

I’d say he’s currently on his 4th attempt to get Keane back into the starting XI. If he were to string 2 decent performances together he’d be getting offered a new contract. I’m deadly serious too.

Branthwaite didn't start the first 2 games that season because he wasn't 'ready'. He said so himself, and;

In my view, he shouldn't have started the 2 after that, because the club knew he needed surgery. He got it as soon as there was a gap after the 2 games he started, so after 4 league games;

As I've said, Dyche's treatment of Branthwaite is never a stick. He fought to keep him when PSV wanted him and ensured there was a pathway when fans were cryarsing for Coady.

And Yet he was fit enough for the bench, and was fit enough warming up before the game.

All well and good but why was he on the bench if he was injured?

No you don’t.

Coady was out of the team because his stats with defending the box in the air aren't good. Not only a 'small mistake'

The point is that he played JB, now he's either stubborn and doesn't listen to the fans or he does? Which one?

GOT to the rescue. Thanks. Had sworn I had seen that somewhere.

All well and good but why was he on the bench if he was injured?

It's all there, the player, the manager and the club confirming he needed planned surgery.

Surgery which caused him to miss pre-season.

Evidently, he wasn't deemed ready.

In my view, no way should the lad be given his first league starts when they knew he needed groin surgery. Dyche/Calvert Lewin have said it caused Calvert Lewin no end of problems by us asking him to play through the pain/injuries. We did the same to Richarlison.

A consequence of having no depth whatsoever.

Like I said yesterday, we have 2 keepers on the bench often, and academy players we all know will never get a kick. No point them being on the bench either. It's also common for players to be on the bench when carrying injuries/not 100%.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.