2024/25 Sean Dyche

I will. The well ran teams don't need a manager like Dyche because they have stable environments and finances to allow for progressive coaches to thrive.

Everton haven't got that, and hence need a manager like Dyche, who has his limitations but ultimately gets a lot more out of the players we have than most managers would given our situation.
Dyche would of been in the same boat as Benitez and Lampard and been sacked last season if there was someone at the club to do it. (Moshiri only has his eye on selling the club right now)

Lampard and Benitez were fired for similar runs in the seasons they were here (And rightly so) whos to say both of them wouldnt of got us out of trouble in the end if they were allowed to continue like Dyche has.

Not the full truth though is it? Nothing there about him & how he sets his teams up.

Has this obsession with “experience” yet plays the same players who’ve consistently let this football club down.
A broken clock can be right twice a day, as the saying goes. I don’t think it’s overly unjust with what he said, but has he read the room?

As you say, perhaps the catalyst for the reaction from the fans last week was his decision making in the game, and previous decisions.

The two can be discussed separately; they ain’t mutual.

I guess the question on Dyche, is what pefroambec metrics he should be judged on in terms of his own performance e.g. not the teams.

For me it would be 1. His ability to man manage (we can’t see that on a day to day basis, we can only look from the outside in and speculate judging on effort etc and creating what some would term a siege mentality) 2. His player acquisitions (again difficult because Thelwell will be the main decision maker but one would have thought with Dyche’s input) 3. Tactics - I haven’t seen a master tactician at all which will fee into team selection and 4. In game management - essentially he has none which means he’s also not a great tactician e.g. the plan A, B or C.

So out of those four areas, two we don’t get great visibility of and two we do, but I don’t particularly rate him on those two we do have visibility of.

Dyche would of been in the same boat as Benitez and Lampard and been sacked last season if there was someone at the club to do it. (Moshiri only has his eye on selling the club right now)

Lampard and Benitez were fired for similar runs in the seasons they were here (And rightly so) whos to say both of them wouldnt of got us out of trouble in the end if they were allowed to continue like Dyche has.

Benitez and Lampard wouldn't have got 48 points in that same season though.

Also, so we agree that Everton have had a habit of going on mad winless runs over the last 3/4 years? It's almost like the problem isn't just the managers themselves.

It will take time to heal this club b mate, it's been sick for many many years.

When this guy took over I expected to dislike his football but to like him as a bloke.

I really don’t like either.

i always thought he was quite honest and open but he seems a propa media bullshitter.

wants to spin the idea that he's doing an amazing job but we expect to much.

i honestly dont expect us to be good with this team,. but i expect us to be able to pass a ball, i expect under performing players to be dropped and show some sort of attacking sense, we are just boring and crap.

he's flogging a dead horse doing down this road

A lot of people defending Dyche by saying it's truth. Since when did we want our manager to be honest? Life was never better than Bobby calling every player we had phenomenal

People in May were arguing his case for manager of the season.

Same people want him sacked after 1 game this season. :lol:

No that's not true. He should have been dismissed last season after that run but there's a lack of leadership and accountability at the club so of course Dyche carries on. Anyone lauding him however need their heads testing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back