2024/25 Sean Dyche

Honestly think a lot of people are more addicted to the drama then the football, adrenaline rush of "events" - like sackings or signings, then judging the merits of a low block VS Brentford.

Eastenders for sports fans.
1724496108442.webp

Benitez and Lampard wouldn't have got 48 points in that same season though.

Also, so we agree that Everton have had a habit of going on mad winless runs over the last 3/4 years? It's almost like the problem isn't just the managers themselves.

It will take time to heal this club b mate, it's been sick for many many years.
I would argue that each one of those managers has contributed to the ongoing mess with their acceptance of mediocre signings and/or short-termism.

Benitez allegedly made things worse by trying to take on people he thought were swinging the lead, leading to even lower squad morale.

i always thought he was quite honest and open but he seems a propa media bullshitter.

wants to spin the idea that he's doing an amazing job but we expect to much.

i honestly dont expect us to be good with this team,. but i expect us to be able to pass a ball, i expect under performing players to be dropped and show some sort of attacking sense, we are just boring and crap.

he's flogging a dead horse doing down this road
absolutely
He has gradually been lowering expectations to match his level
We have accepted it because of the circumstances

I would argue that each one of those managers has contributed to the ongoing mess with their acceptance of mediocre signings and/or short-termism.

Benitez allegedly made things worse by trying to take on people he thought were swinging the lead, leading to even lower squad morale.

I think Benitez and Lampard defo, Dyche has made many mistakes since he's been here but ultimately he's stopped the rot imo

Either way, think we deffo should be sending him on his way come season end. With a new owner in situ (hopefully!) and starting the 2025/26 season in the new stadium, we need a new man + coaching staff in early.. try and at least usher in a new 'era' at the club.

No that's not true. He should have been dismissed last season after that run but there's a lack of leadership and accountability at the club so of course Dyche carries on. Anyone lauding him however need their heads testing.

Hmm.

You in June;

Whilst I would have taken Moyes over Dyche a few months ago, these things are fluid and Dyche deserves his second year.

Meanwhile I hope new Everton are more ruthless as a business than sentimental Kenwright was. Seems like the club are starting to grow up even before new owners come in.

You after 1 league game.

Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out
Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out

I think Benitez and Lampard defo, Dyche has made many mistakes since he's been here but ultimately he's stopped the rot imo
I am just not seeing it - the players don't seem to be any fitter or more motivated, and his tactics don't actually seem to fit the players we are still stuck with.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back