2024/25 Sean Dyche

Regarding the "we started poorly last year" comparisons. We did, yes, but there were games where we were on top but just failed to finish chances. We didn't start with back to back performances like this where we don't look bothered and are leaking goals from every angle.
We did, and we were on top against Brighton until they scored. Then we had a penalty taken away unfairly, gave another silly goal away from the best midfielder in the league, then got a red card and the game was gone in a flash.

I cant judge today because i didnt watch, but it seems very similar to the Villa away game last year from what im seeing, and as miserable as last week was, i felt it was harsh.

But if he was a manager with more than one string to his bow he wouldn’t need be OUR manager under the current conditions we face.

Leave him be. He gets us to 38-40 points by May and that should be enough to hobble into into the new stadium as aPL club.
I know that many bad things are around club and Everton is closer to Burnley than West Ham at the moment... Otherwise we wouldn't aim for this type of managers. I said 45 points is realistic.

Just want to say, I would also go for counter attacking style with this squad (Iraola and Spain like at Euros), rather than possession like de Zerbi did last year. We are not good enough to dominate the game, apart from maybe against 1-2 teams.

But we went in with a completely wrong game plan today. When you see how Leicester caused problems to Spurs, in the moments they overplayed the high line of Spurs. I know they have been lucky not to be down 3:0 at the moment of the 1:1...

We don't have a lot pace, but Lindström to play good ball into the run of Ndiaye or Beto who is known to do good runs, we have not done that enough.

He’s judged on games versus Bourmenmouth, Ipswich, Wolves, Brentford, Palace etc.
No he's not
He's judged on every game and rightly so

Losing to spurs away there's no shame in, losing with a whimper there is, and then trying to offload it on the fans is pathetic and something I expected better of him with tbh.
Losing at home to Brighton there is shame in, especially when you play Young against one of the best dribblers in the world.

I'm not having that Dave, he's judged on the whole lot, otherwise what's the point?

I know what love heart I'd give him.

GVwHWGHXQAEjBTh

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back