2024/25 Sean Dyche

We don’t have the qualty to play consistently well.

Bring Potter in here and he’s be a basket case in three months.
We have the quality to be a consistent threat - if we have no quality then what was last seasons’ almost 50 points? Voodoo magic? We’re no longer allowed to build on results apparently

He sets us up this way because it’s the only way he knows how, but it’s been found out ages ago so we’re relying on luck

So if we lose 14-0 to Liverpool that's fine, because we are only judging him based on playing crap sides. Honestly I'd rather we just ceased to exist as a club, than have to accept the fact that all we can hope for is we stay up and best a few no marks at home. He didn't keep us up, last season or the 1 before, we got lucky that the other teams were crap and missed countless chances to put us in relegation zone. He's been lucky.
Not a 14-0 loss to Liverpool, no!

But we have our own mini leagues in the bottom 7. That’s where we are and no one can contradict that and appear rational.

We have the quality to be a consistent threat - if we have no quality then what was last seasons’ almost 50 points? Voodoo magic? We’re no longer allowed to build on results apparently

He sets us up this way because it’s the only way he knows how, but it’s been found out ages ago so we’re relying on luck
We have LIMITED quality.

I’d like to see this line up next week. Might offer some kind of attacking threat. Would even consider starting Armstrong if he gets a game on Tuesday.

———Pickford———
Dixon—O’Brien—Tarkowski—Mykolenko
——————Tim——Gana——————
———Lindstrom—Ndiaye—Harrison———
————————Beto———————

Fully expect to see Keane, McNeil, Doucoure and Calvert-Lewin start again.

I know that many bad things are around club and Everton is closer to Burnley than West Ham at the moment... Otherwise we wouldn't aim for this type of managers. I said 45 points is realistic.

Just want to say, I would also go for counter attacking style with this squad (Iraola and Spain like at Euros), rather than possession like de Zerbi did last year. We are not good enough to dominate the game, apart from maybe against 1-2 teams.

But we went in with a completely wrong game plan today. When you see how Leicester caused problems to Spurs, in the moments they overplayed the high line of Spurs. I know they have been lucky not to be down 3:0 at the moment of the 1:1...

We don't have a lot pace, but Lindström to play good ball into the run of Ndiaye or Beto who is known to do good runs, we have not done that enough.
Yes. But you need pace to counter attack and we’d dont have it.

I’d like to see this line up next week. Might offer some kind of attacking threat. Would even consider starting Armstrong if he gets a game on Tuesday.

———Pickford———
Dixon—O’Brien—Tarkowski—Mykolenko
——————Tim——Gana——————
———Lindstrom—Ndiaye—Harrison———
————————Beto———————

Fully expect to see Keane, McNeil, Doucoure and Calvert-Lewin start again.
Yes.

I'm just going to reiterate, once again..

Dyche sides are notoriously bad at the start of a Premier League season. Saw it loads with Burnley and with us last season. You only have to look back at his record - results & performances don't tend to materialise until around a third into the season..

Obviously I'm not advocating for him based on this - just think a bit of retrospection can be applied, certainly in terms of when it comes to our relegation chances.

For the record - I think he should be gone by the end of the season regardless, but I wouldn't be too quick to call for his head right now. I distinctly remember a lot of the forum feeling the same at this stage last season as we do right now and, in the end, he kept us in the division fairly comfortably on paper.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back