2024/25 Sean Dyche

I get that our points total removed of the deductions last season was admirable, but lets not kid ourselves and say we played well really at any stretch of last year. And we had a truly dreadful stretch that was months long of just atrocious footy.

I've never really cared for the manager regardless of him being logical in the predicament that this Everton. Admit emotionally my patience for him is thinner than it would possibly be for someone else, but lets not pretend that there isn't potential risk in holding on to him if this continues as much as he provides steady achievable style when the club is a basket case. Burnley were difficult and a hassle until they weren't. He has to ingratiate his new additions and find the net.

More than anything I just am so embarrassed for what this club has turned into. Spurs are of akin historical relevance with bouts of poor deals. There is basically a whole new squad on the pitch since Mourinho's tenure. I honestly can't imagine a way Moshiri could have done worse.

We have lost the first 2 games conceding 7 goals and scoring none because we have got absolutely terrible manager who's management and tactics are 30 years behind the curve. We are absolute dog muck and will be until this dinosaur has been shown the door.
Don’t entirely disagree but he did avoid relegation last season and I suspect the next fella through the door will suffer similar results, similar kickback from fans and it’s him being sacked within 18 months.

When does the cycle stop? When does paying off another bloke stop being the ‘plan’?

Don’t entirely disagree but he did avoid relegation last season and I suspect the next fella through the door will suffer similar results, similar kickback from fans and it’s him being sacked within 18 months.

When does the cycle stop? When does paying off another bloke stop being the ‘plan’?
Nothing will change at this circus until the cycle stops, change is needed at the top and we better hope the next guy knows what they are doing. Changing the manager just resets the cycle, around and around we go!

Last edited:
Can’t warm to the guy.

Pegs the blame on individuals, named or not, and never admits tactical errors. We’re always a whisker away, apparently, with the implication that he’s doing everything right.

The book stops with him, and it’s not a very good book.

It’s certainly not Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab.
Lord of the Lies more like it.

Another post that sums up where we are as fans, numb and accepting of this crap!

Not a criticism of @UltraVires or any other fan, am no different but we've been served up such [Poor language removed] for so long that the best we can hope for is to survival!

That’s totally fair, my expectations have dropped hugely in the last 10 years.

In another universe, we capitalised on being well placed when the PL was formed and we are now a top team in European football with a team competing on all fronts.

Last week the fans were mentioned in the post-match this week the 'group'.

He's probably right about the players and their weak mentality, but not a good look to be publicly pointing fingers at bohhe fans and then th players. That only ends one way I'm afraid.

He needs to get them playing, and quick.
I reckon some of the players are just fed up of seeing some of his starting 11.
Imagine what Tarkowski is thinking when he’s seen Keane pushed back to 3/4th choice for past two seasons and then here he is now starting with him again.

We were not leaking goals for fun. Why buy a centre half for 17m and then play keane.
He was quick to point out the XG thing last season.
Weve had two shots in two games.
This feels very different to last season already. They've looked absolutely clueless.
It’s two games against two really good attacking teams whereas last year it wasn’t.

Not saying I completely disagree with you but there are factors that mean we can’t judge purely on two games

That’s totally fair, my expectations have dropped hugely in the last 10 years.

In another universe, we capitalised on being well placed when the PL was formed and we are now a top team in European football with a team competing on all fronts.
I actually expect to lose, that's where my expectations are! I expect Everton to ruin my day at the football, just got really good not caring now!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back